Login

russian armor

ostheer CAS overperforming.

• This thread is locked
PAGES (11)down
8 Mar 2015, 13:25 PM

How is the StuG E overpowered, other than being a good blobbing punisher?

It's the most fragile Axis medium in the game.
8 Mar 2015, 13:28 PM

How is the StuG E overpowered, other than being a good blobbing punisher?

It's the most fragile Axis medium in the game.

It comes very early, and with any other doctrine, stalling for callins has one major weakness, you have nothing until the heavy hits the field. With this doctrine, you save an insane amount of fuel and can get a tiger in time, while having good mid game as well.

The stug E constantly oneshots and two shots squads, it will often win vs a USF at gun in 1v1 and it completely fucks up the mid game.

2x PaKs played accordingly can keep out any medium tank.

It's like getting a better t-70 without paying the 120 fuel cost for teching up.
8 Mar 2015, 13:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Mar 2015, 13:28 PMBurts

It comes very early, and with any other doctrine, stalling for callins has one major weakness, you have nothing until the heavy hits the field. With this doctrine, you save an insane amount of fuel and can get a tiger in time, while having good mid game as well.

The stug E constantly oneshots and two shots squads, it will often win vs a USF at gun in 1v1 and it completely fucks up the mid game.

2x PaKs played accordingly can keep out any medium tank.

It's like getting a better t-70 without paying the 120 fuel cost for teching up.

So your rational is that because it isn't overpriced and can with some luck kill an AT gun means it's overpowered?

And at 6 CP that isn't early, that's just slightly before most mediums will start hitting the field.

It (rarely) oneshot squads yes, but this goes for every anti-infantry tank in the game.

So what if you save a lot of fuel? Almost all Ostheer players will anyway because teching these days is often pointless.

And comparing this to the t-70 is stupid, one's a light recon can and the other is an assault gun with no turret. And the fact most call ins are heavies is a problem with heavies, not the StuG Ausf E.
8 Mar 2015, 13:34 PM

So your rational is that because it isn't overpriced and can with some luck kill an AT gun means it's overpowered?

And at 6 CP that isn't early, that's just slightly before most mediums will start hitting the field.

It (rarely) oneshot squads yes, but this goes for every anti-infantry tank in the game.

So what if you save a lot of fuel? Almost all Ostheer players will anyway because teching these days is often pointless.

And comparing this to the t-70 is stupid, one's a light recon can and the other is an assault gun with no turret. And the fact most call ins are heavies is a problem with heavies, not the StuG Ausf E.

Meh, talking to you is pointless since the STUG-E is inevitably getting nerfed next patch.... That or the patch after it.

Someone lock this thread please.
8 Mar 2015, 13:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Mar 2015, 13:34 PMBurts

Meh, talking to you is pointless since the STUG-E is inevitably getting nerfed next patch.... That or the patch after it.

So your just going to give up any attempt at discussion lol.

Ostheer is a 3 legged stool, nerfing the StuG E is taking out one of the legs.
8 Mar 2015, 13:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Mar 2015, 13:34 PMBurts

Really? who told u this?
8 Mar 2015, 14:21 PM

Really? who told u this?

Likely a common sense.
If you aren't one army hero and actually were on receiving side of STUG-E you wouldn't even question the possibility of it getting a nerf.
8 Mar 2015, 14:24 PM

Every time I encounter a StuG E it normally never stays alive for more than 5 minutes because it's fragile as shit and dies to AT guns. It has no turret, get one Captain behind it or a Zook squad and it's dead.
8 Mar 2015, 14:25 PM

Makes me laugh tho, "Mmm yes this faction which is currently the worst in the game. Lets take one of the few remaining good cost effective units it has and nerf it, this is a smart plan"
8 Mar 2015, 15:39 PM

Makes me laugh tho, "Mmm yes this faction which is currently the worst in the game. Lets take one of the few remaining good cost effective units it has and nerf it, this is a smart plan"

Its a doctrine based call in unit. Using this logic Greyhound Canister shouldnt be nerfed because the doctrine as a whole is lackluster
8 Mar 2015, 15:53 PM

Its a doctrine based call in unit. Using this logic Greyhound Canister shouldnt be nerfed because the doctrine as a whole is lackluster
8 Mar 2015, 18:19 PM

WOW CAS Thread is now STUG E Thread.

On another note does anyone have a Mod they know of where I can test CAS properly? The cheat mod seems to have the Old non OMFG single pass AT Strafe when you load it up (much like many other bugs it has such as AB not being able to Cap and IR Pathfinders having no Offmap ability)

The Regular big boy strafe still one hits things though....

I just want to know if the Bulldozer can actually Survive a hit from the single pass since nothing else can on the USF side...
8 Mar 2015, 18:33 PM
Patrion 14

i used the cheatcommand mod while playing ostheer + cas commander.

8 Mar 2015, 18:36 PM

i used the cheatcommand mod while playing ostheer + cas commander.

I do too but the single pass strafe seems to be the Original Single pass strafe from when it was released not the Post AT Skillplane buff variety. I.e. not doing shit for damage. Rather then the one hit wonder pass if you dont GTFO.
8 Mar 2015, 18:58 PM
Patrion 14

I do too but the single pass strafe seems to be the Original Single pass strafe from when it was released not the Post AT Skillplane buff variety. I.e. not doing shit for damage. Rather then the one hit wonder pass if you dont GTFO.

you mean loitering JU87 AT strafe has post buff payload and single pass JU87 AT strafe has pre buff payload?

i think they are the same. spread and damage wise.
8 Mar 2015, 19:01 PM

you mean loitering JU87 AT strafe has post buff payload and single pass JU87 AT strafe has pre buff payload?

i think they are the same. spread and damage wise.

I cant get that in the cheatmod. I can leave a Sherman in the CAS Strafe and not kill it but the Loiter will one hit it everytime. Maybe something else is at play but I dont think the Mod is working 100% with Everything in game right now.

Feel free to try it. Spawn a neutral tank (so it wont move) call in the CAS strafe in on it then do the same with the Loiter then youll see what I mean.
8 Mar 2015, 19:04 PM
Patrion 14

I cant get that in the cheatmod. I can leave a Sherman in the CAS Strafe and not kill it but the Loiter will one hit it everytime. Maybe something else is at play but I dont think the Mod is working 100% with Everything in game right now.

Feel free to try it. Spawn a neutral tank (so it wont move) call in the CAS strafe in on it then do the same with the Loiter then youll see what I mean.

tried it only with CAS using the mod on t34/76 like 30 times.

one shots it like 7~8 times out of 10 in my experience.

p.s. neutral? i set the possession to enemy status.
8 Mar 2015, 19:09 PM

tried it only with CAS using the mod on t34/76 like 30 times.

one shots it like 7~8 times out of 10 in my experience.

p.s. neutral? i set the possession to enemy status.

Thats odd I was using Shermans maybe its Penetration values are off? Sherman having better armor.

I tried with setting it to enemy owned but the AI is a god of moving out the way of strafes so I just got frustated and left it Neutral so it woulndt move and tried it about a Dozen times only got one Sherman kill on Minsk (sometimes it was the trees other times it would eat the full strafe)
8 Mar 2015, 19:19 PM
Patrion 14

Thats odd I was using Shermans maybe its Penetration values are off? Sherman having better armor.

I tried with setting it to enemy owned but the AI is a god of moving out the way of strafes so I just got frustated and left it Neutral so it woulndt move and tried it about a Dozen times only got one Sherman kill on Minsk (sometimes it was the trees other times it would eat the full strafe)

oh. just turn the AI off man. it is like 4th or 5th button on the first slide(?) of commands
8 Mar 2015, 19:32 PM

oh. just turn the AI off man. it is like 4th or 5th button on the first slide(?) of commands

Oh thanks Pigsoup ill try that. Cheers.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight