Login

russian armor

ostheer CAS overperforming.

• This thread is locked
PAGES (11)down
8 Mar 2015, 00:03 AM

Just a question: Is today the day of whine threads?

On Top CAS is fine. ;)
8 Mar 2015, 00:49 AM

Considering this doctrine only relies on infantry because of all the fuel getting coverted into munitions, it won't have any armor out unless the game lasts till the late game.
This gives you a lot of breathing space and you will only need to invest into AI.
Like, when I use it I often see these noobs build AT for no reason. And when I play against it I just spam AI, and if played right (meaning avoiding getting blobs caught by strafe runs), you will win because he will have to invest into AT, and you don't. Self-propelled howitzers and armored vechiles like the M8A1 Howitzer is very good counters to this doctrine, all you need to do is to make sure to avoid any AT strafes, which is easy. Whenever you see the recon plane, just move them.

Doctrine doesn't need nerf. You need the right units

100% Correct!!!!

This doctrine relies heavily on Usf player misreading the flow of the game. This of course can be hard to do if Ost holds off until midgame to reveal his hand.

However, as previously pointed out it does come with serious downsides and is entirely map dependant. It is very susceptible to large amounts of indirect fire due to grens suck vs this style of play. The easiest way to beat this is to plan for one big push since CAS strength is denying blobbers and tanks poorly microed. CAS cannot stop a big multi direction attack. 6 or 7 rifle squads with BAR flanking in combination with some type of off map arty will take out his at gun wall then followed up by sherman rush or m10 with the cheese crush will end the game for Ost.

It is a commander that punishes opponents that can't adapt and play the same style every game and then whine something is Op.

I don't use this commander often as it is an all strat. It can succeed and it can fall spectacularly. It also excludes teching and tank play which I kind of like in my play style but it can be something different once in a while as well as being immensely satisfying against someone who is hell bent on blobbing.

Disclaimer : My views are from a 1v1 perspective. I also admit this commander is cheese flavoured but no more so than many other abilities in the game.

#Company of Cheese.
8 Mar 2015, 00:53 AM

Edit : Double post.
Damn smart phones, need buff.
8 Mar 2015, 01:31 AM

I find the normal tiger lightning war doctrine 200 muni stuka CAS ability OP,it kills tanks ridiculously.This AT strafe is easy to avoid if ur careful.
Main strongpoints of doctrine is pin strafe spam vs US blobs.
The infantry blobs are counterable due to lack of heavy armor.
8 Mar 2015, 01:33 AM

I find the normal tiger lightning war doctrine 200 muni stuka CAS ability OP,it kills tanks ridiculously.This AT strafe is easy to avoid if ur careful.
Main strongpoints of doctrine is pin strafe spam vs US blobs.
The infantry blobs are counterable due to lack of heavy armor.
8 Mar 2015, 03:00 AM

You don't need this really.
CAS AT strafe will destroy any arty effortlessly, so while before you had to use 190 mun for it, now you need just 140 to make 600mp go bye bye.

Such balance, much relic.

So, u think arty should not be countered with this commander?

I haven't tested AT strafe against arty, but there's really not much difference, AT strafe is 110, and stuka bombing is 160 (not 110) and u're certain u kill the arty, and when u use CAS the 50 ammo difference doesn't matter much at all. The only reason u may consider using AT strafe against that is when u haven't reached enough CP for Stuka bomb and ur opponent is pressuring u much with dat b4
8 Mar 2015, 03:24 AM
Donator 11

I was writing a big ass text about CAS doctrine but deleted it because I am so tired. But I give you a tl;dr from my initial post: CAS doctrine punishes blobbers hard. all skillplanes can be dodged. working as intended. A commander not shit. gg wp relic

gn8 guise
8 Mar 2015, 06:11 AM

Permanently Banned
all skillplanes can be dodged. working as intended.

I dont know about this
8 Mar 2015, 06:45 AM

Permanently Banned
AT strafe is bullshit and needs nurfing

not saying that the p47 doesnt need nurfing either
8 Mar 2015, 10:49 AM

Funny to see someone actually claiming an ability can be nullify by

- move 2 cm away

- which have smoke and appear like 3 seconds?
- units shouting "LUFTWAFFFFFEEEEE!!!!"

is OP, :facepalm:

but that username, no wonder. :guyokay:
8 Mar 2015, 11:06 AM

So, u think arty should not be countered with this commander?

I haven't tested AT strafe against arty, but there's really not much difference, AT strafe is 110, and stuka bombing is 160 (not 110) and u're certain u kill the arty, and when u use CAS the 50 ammo difference doesn't matter much at all. The only reason u may consider using AT strafe against that is when u haven't reached enough CP for Stuka bomb and ur opponent is pressuring u much with dat b4

No, stuka dive bomb should counter it.
Cheaper stuff, that I find imbalanced.
While ML-20 is safe, B4 will die 100% of the time.
8 Mar 2015, 11:22 AM

I like how the meta game adapts and shifted from Tiger call ins to CAS, because the Tiger is garbage versus M36s.

Now that Ostheer players do something out of the ordinary call in spam, people start to complain, that their blobs are getting hard countered by strafes.

I´m not the slightest bit sorry for people clumping up their units, overrunning MG42s and then finally getting their army pinned by an aircraft.

Perfect example, without strafes and a competent OKW player, we would have gotten overrun, because MG42s didn´t do shit again. Those USF players simply build infantry and moonwalked over the map early on.

http://www.coh2.org/replay/31841/2v2-with-with-high-ranked-players
8 Mar 2015, 11:34 AM

No, stuka dive bomb should counter it.
Cheaper stuff, that I find imbalanced.
While ML-20 is safe, B4 will die 100% of the time.

B4 and any precision strike is abomination of the game anyway.
8 Mar 2015, 12:04 PM

Well, i guess this doctrine isint too OP. STUG E is more ridiciluos.

CAS is okay.
8 Mar 2015, 12:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Mar 2015, 12:04 PMBurts

CAS is okay.

Of course lol. :huh:
8 Mar 2015, 12:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Mar 2015, 12:04 PMBurts

CAS is okay.

Stug E is only Op when players blatantly fail to prepare for it. It can easily be fended off with a couple of bazookers but most people don't bother because they believe zooks dont do enough damage.

Watched a game tonight where Northwestfresh spammed 3 of them doing huge damage to his opponent. But his opponent failed the same way usf fail against CAS, by failing to adapt. No mines on choke points, blobbing infantry and trying to attack areas where stug e was present. Instead he threw away huge advantage and game because he wouldn't adapt.
8 Mar 2015, 12:36 PM

Stug E is only Op when players blatantly fail to prepare for it. It can easily be fended off with a couple of bazookers but most people don't bother because they believe zooks dont do enough damage.

Watched a game tonight where Northwestfresh spammed 3 of them doing huge damage to his opponent. But his opponent failed the same way usf fail against CAS, by failing to adapt. No mines on choke points, blobbing infantry and trying to attack areas where stug e was present. Instead he threw away huge advantage and game because he wouldn't adapt.

You don't actually play this game.. Do you?
8 Mar 2015, 12:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Mar 2015, 12:36 PMBurts

You don't actually play this game.. Do you?

Sure I do although no longer seriously.

You have a high rank, you obviously learnt how to deal with the stug e. Unless your a spammer then I can see why you dislike this unit.

The unit is strong, no doubt but it is really only op vs blobbers and spammers.

But if I am wrong you should explain why and not just post pissy little statements.

8 Mar 2015, 13:00 PM

StuG E isn't overpowered in any universe, it literally is countered by one AT gun with infantry support. Or a tank of any denomination.
8 Mar 2015, 13:24 PM

Pretty much any good player agrees that the STUG E is overpowered as hell.

Could someone lock this thread please?
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight