Login

russian armor

Sturm pioneers are overpriced

PAGES (11)down
6 Mar 2015, 13:59 PM

I would say the assault engineer are far better then the SP's not in raw firepower or durability but utility.The ability to have a flamethrower is a tremendous boon on certain maps. and makes the whole sp's are better at midrange a bit dubious.

And of course demo charges. i cannot count how many games i have won because of demo charges.
6 Mar 2015, 14:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Mar 2015, 13:59 PMJaigen
I would say the assault engineer are far better then the SP's not in raw firepower or durability but utility.The ability to have a flamethrower is a tremendous boon on certain maps. and makes the whole sp's are better at midrange a bit dubious.

And of course demo charges. i cannot count how many games i have won because of demo charges.

In my experience Assault Engineers beat Sturmpioneers if they don't take much damage before they can get in fart sniffing range. Without a Flamethrower too. AE are better units with more utility indeed, but isn't that part of asymmetrical balance?
6 Mar 2015, 14:21 PM

In my experience Assault Engineers beat Sturmpioneers if they don't take much damage before they can get in fart sniffing range. Without a Flamethrower too. AE are better units with more utility indeed, but isn't that part of asymmetrical balance?

Assault engies have less dps and don't have rec acc modifier, unless they literally jump on the back of sturmpios, they will pretty much always lose.
6 Mar 2015, 14:22 PM

Sp's and AE. are completely balanced but some people are severely underestimating the AE's. What is not balanced in all of this and completely of topic is the performance of the PG's compared to these units
6 Mar 2015, 14:25 PM

Sorry but no. 5:0 for SP.

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Mar 2015, 13:59 PMJaigen

Your point of view is very narrow. AE might have more utility but they are doctrinal so in fact you lose mich more utiliy. No LMGs, no P47, no Paras... etc.
6 Mar 2015, 14:43 PM

Maybe I just got lucky, but usually my Assault Engineers come out on top in such an engagement. Maybe it is that they fire better when moving?
6 Mar 2015, 14:54 PM

Sorry but no. 5:0 for SP.

Your point of view is very narrow. AE might have more utility but they are doctrinal so in fact you lose mich more utiliy. No LMGs, no P47, no Paras... etc.

this is not proof the AE where not shooting for some reason. And who gives a shit about para/lmgs' on CC maps. Using the right tools on the right map. some scrubs beleive that airborne works n every single map. they arewrong.
6 Mar 2015, 15:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Mar 2015, 14:54 PMJaigen

this is not proof the AE where not shooting for some reason. And who gives a shit about para/lmgs' on CC maps. Using the right tools on the right map. some scrubs beleive that airborne works n every single map. they arewrong.

Did you just say that AE on this picture were not shooting? Really?

Paras on CC maps with Thompsons :huhsign:

Rifles with flamers instead of AE :huhsign:
6 Mar 2015, 16:32 PM

http://www.coh2-stats.com/compare?utf8=%E2%9C%93&squad1=assault_engineer_squad_mp&squad2=assault_pioneer_squad_mp&commit=Compare

confirms Australian Magic's statement, at almost any given range, AE have less DPS than SP, in case that SP also have a received accuracy modifier, they will never ever lose vs AE in a equal setup.
6 Mar 2015, 16:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Mar 2015, 16:32 PMofield
http://www.coh2-stats.com/compare?utf8=%E2%9C%93&squad1=assault_engineer_squad_mp&squad2=assault_pioneer_squad_mp&commit=Compare

confirms Australian Magic's statement, at almost any given range, AE have less DPS than SP, in case that SP also have a received accuracy modifier, they will never ever lose vs AE in a equal setup.

What I observed that Assault Engins sometimes win, when they stay at range 10. But those are battles that almost never occure because you always try to close in and squads are usually not alone.

Assault Engis focus lies on the support role, while Sturmpios focus on the combat role.
6 Mar 2015, 17:14 PM

What I observed that Assault Engins sometimes win, when they stay at range 10. But those are battles that almost never occure because you always try to close in and squads are usually not alone.

If they are not alone, then they are not fighting 1v1.
In 100% of all other cases, AEs will loose-always, unless they get flamer and lucky crits.
6 Mar 2015, 17:18 PM

If they are not alone, then they are not fighting 1v1.
In 100% of all other cases, AEs will loose-always, unless they get flamer and lucky crits.

Yes, if you are not a noob sturmpios will always win and that's completely fine given the price difference and the focus on different roles.
6 Mar 2015, 17:19 PM

Yes, if you are not a noob sturmpios will always win and that's completely fine given the price difference and the focus on different roles.

Exactly. They are both priced properly.
6 Mar 2015, 17:40 PM

Did you just say that AE on this picture were not shooting? Really?

Paras on CC maps with Thompsons :huhsign:

Rifles with flamers instead of AE :huhsign:

And this is why i win against so many usf players when i play okw. using the wrong doctrines.

1. I dont know you post the such crappy pictures. 2 of them have their backs turned to the pg's. so some of them are not shooting.

2. good luck with your para's dude. they are nowhere near the dps/ durability of shocks. also no smoke grenade.

3. good luck with that shitty doctrine against a okw fortification player.
6 Mar 2015, 17:43 PM

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH!

So you have never used smoke spam to make his Volk/Obers blob unable to see shit or used smoke in order to cap points with out having to deal with the Schwer or MG bunkers?

I just wont waste my time for you anymore.
Proved that you are wrong about obers and Paras but for you its just rng. But its not because the result is always the same.
And the thing with smoke nades... Garden me... No comment. Its perfect for signature I guess.

Mmmm yes smoke grenade exist so he can run back and you can run through the smoke like an idiot and just die on the other side.

Oh, and you died because you had less para's than he had Sturms, 4/6 > 3/6
6 Mar 2015, 17:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Mar 2015, 16:32 PMofield

Ad that flamethrower in the mix. you likely get different results. take note however that ost/okw baseline infantry is more about long range combat then short range combat. i would say that the potential for AE is higher then the SP's.
6 Mar 2015, 17:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Mar 2015, 17:40 PMJaigen

And this is why i win against so many usf players when i play okw. using the wrong doctrines.

1. I dont know you post the such crappy pictures. 2 of them have their backs turned to the pg's. so some of them are not shooting.

2. good luck with your para's dude. they are nowhere near the dps/ durability of shocks. also no smoke grenade.

3. good luck with that shitty doctrine against a okw fortification player.

AE lost 5 times in a row. No matter what.
Nowhere near? Go home dude... Paras with thompsons have higher DPS than Shocks....
6 Mar 2015, 18:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Mar 2015, 17:44 PMJaigen

Ad that flamethrower in the mix. you likely get different results. take note however that ost/okw baseline infantry is more about long range combat then short range combat. i would say that the potential for AE is higher then the SP's.

10/10 times i would like my starting unit to be a great combat unit with uber repair and able to do several other neat things (including laying the best wire)

With long range rifles, you can kill either of them on approach so long range is pretty advantageous there...
6 Mar 2015, 18:04 PM

Sturms DPS falls off pretty hard when they move because they don't have the same bonus as the Pgren's StG44's do so if you want to kill a sturm at the start get him chasing you and just kill him with another infantry unit.

Honestly all the starting units should get a 5th man and have their DPS kept the same, it's really dumb how lucky squad wipes can gimp you early game.
6 Mar 2015, 18:10 PM

Mmmm yes smoke grenade exist so he can run back and you can run through the smoke like an idiot and just die on the other side.

Smoke is either used for retreats, Los block against HMG's, or to charge the enemy by surprise. You only do so with close combat troops as anything ranged will be put at a disadvantage. If the enemy did not move (either a. Does not suspect you to charge into the smoke or b. Is a team weapon) then you cut them down. If they did move, you just retreat back into the smoke; never you simply "die on the other side".

Meant for shocks for obvious reasons, as long as they have 4 or more men alive.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS