Login

russian armor

Sturm pioneers are overpriced

PAGES (11)down
20 Mar 2015, 13:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Mar 2015, 12:07 PMJaigen

Do yourself a favour and get lost. In general the allies are better at short range engagements then the axis who favour long range battles. because of that the assault engineers are more viable then sp's. And he is right you know. counter his arguments or piss of.

I could post screens or videos of SP killing AE at any range but it would be waste of time since last time I did that you said that your experience is saying something different and it does not prove anything.

So I will leave you alone with your experience and your world where AE squad is winning against SP squad at close range and where Flak cannot damage Sherman.
20 Mar 2015, 13:28 PM

I could post screens or videos of SP killing AE at any range but it would be waste of time since last time I did that you said that your experience is saying something different and it does not prove anything.

So I will leave you alone with your experience and your world where AE squad is winning against SP squad at close range and where Flak cannot damage Sherman.

I dont give a flying fuck about an AE vs sp matchup. The AE is better because it doesnt need to content itself with the allies cc superiority its ability to have flame-throwers and the ability to lay demo's.
20 Mar 2015, 13:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Mar 2015, 13:28 PMJaigen

I dont give a flying fuck about an AE vs sp matchup. The AE is better because it doesnt need to content itself with the allies cc superiority its ability to have flame-throwers and the ability to lay demo's.

Assault Engineers are doctrinal......

Arguing A stock unit against a doctrinal one/=/fair balanced discussion

edit: to further elaborate this Assault Engineer vs Sturmpioneer comparison must always assume once goes mechanized or armor company both doctrines are easily the least used and considered by most to be USF weakest commanders(I know a few swear by mechanized though....)
20 Mar 2015, 16:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Mar 2015, 09:56 AMKatitof

You do not get lights to fight each other, Stuart is the only light tank somewhat designed to fight armor, two others are almost exclusively AI with added benefit of being able to dmg light armor.
You get them to fight infantry and light armor, this is what Luchs does incomparably better.
Also, luchs HP alone makes it best light tank by default by MILES.

Comparing light tanks in a direct combat makes as much sense as comparing mortars in direct combat-they do fight sometimes, but just because soviet one can precision strike german one it does not make it better then german one even in the slightest.

Except being able to one shot a squad is very powerful, the precision strikes are more likely to wipe squads than normal barrages.

Please, do me a favour and plug out keyboard.

I already proved that SP will win agasint AE at any range.

Why does this even matter? Sturms cost 40 more MP and are more expensive to reinforce.

Volks are far cheaper to reinforce, OKW barely needs munitions for other things and Volks are a 5 man squad instead of 4. They also get vet up to gain a lot of survivability and don't lose all their anti-infantry power after being upgraded.

OKW is very munitions starved early game, every grenade you use delays your Shreks heavily, which can be a killer.

T70 will win 1v1 with Luch, has great Recon mode but it's nowhere near to Luchs in terms of killing infantry. Luchs can melt infantry better than any other vehicle in game.

The T70 is more likely to one shot enemy squads and kill multiple models in each shot, while the Luchs does way more DPS.

Ultimately the T70 does well in it's roll, it could use some more health but other than that it can be excellent for killing stuff like Obers.
20 Mar 2015, 17:15 PM

T-70 one shooting squads? :loco:

And you are surprised why everyone on this boards is fed up with you <444>_<444>
20 Mar 2015, 18:18 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

The T70 is more likely to one shot enemy squads and kill multiple models in each shot, while the Luchs does way more DPS.

T70 can't one-shot shit with 40 damage per hit.

Unless every man in the squad is at half health, which then rather strongly reduces the impact of the application of the term "one shot" to it.
20 Mar 2015, 19:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Mar 2015, 17:15 PMKatitof
T-70 one shooting squads? :loco:

And you are surprised why everyone on this boards is fed up with you <444>_<444>

T70 can't one-shot shit with 40 damage per hit.

Unless every man in the squad is at half health, which then rather strongly reduces the impact of the application of the term "one shot" to it.

It does 40 damage fairly far out from the place it hits, meaning that if you get shot once with the current bunching mechanics then your likely to lose several models in the next shot

Of course, if you wanted to be nit picky this means it can 2 shot squads fairly reliably not one shot, but with it's good ROF the T-70 can kill infantry quickly.

It's got decent accuracy to, honestly the T-70 is fine right now, it's biggest problems is that T3 isn't very viable at all late game.
20 Mar 2015, 21:41 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I'm certainly not going to deny the T-70 squad wipes several thousand times more than before since the infantry grabassing happened, even if it doesn't one-shot.
20 Mar 2015, 21:50 PM

Yeah the t-70 is fine. The t-34/76 isint. The t-34/76 simply needs reduced scatter so its anti infantry is more comparable to the PIV/Sherman.
21 Mar 2015, 14:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Mar 2015, 21:50 PMBurts
Yeah the t-70 is fine. The t-34/76 isint. The t-34/76 simply needs reduced scatter so its anti infantry is more comparable to the PIV/Sherman.

The 76 is fine, it already can run over multiple squads and force retreats. Trying to do the latter with a PIV is suicide.
21 Mar 2015, 14:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Mar 2015, 14:31 PMRemi

The 76 is fine, it already can run over multiple squads and force retreats. Trying to do the latter with a PIV is suicide.

Please tell me you are trolling
21 Mar 2015, 14:45 PM

Please tell me you are trolling

Trolling? OKW have no snare, it's easy to run over squads. Unlike with say Americans that get free AT grenades with every rifle squad.
21 Mar 2015, 14:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Mar 2015, 14:45 PMRemi

Trolling? OKW have no snare, it's easy to run over squads. Unlike with say Americans that get free AT grenades with every rifle squad.

And what will they do after that?
Bazooka you to death with all rifle squads equipped with one? <444>_<444>
21 Mar 2015, 15:19 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Mar 2015, 14:47 PMKatitof

And what will they do after that?
Bazooka you to death with all rifle squads equipped with one? <444>_<444>

Well, they could, but then you win anyway because your opponent is using Bazookas.
21 Mar 2015, 15:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Mar 2015, 14:31 PMRemi

The 76 is fine
, it already can run over multiple squads and force retreats. Trying to do the latter with a PIV is suicide.

Please, dont turn into next Jaigen or Sierra.

I still have faith in you besides this sentence :)
21 Mar 2015, 15:33 PM

Please, dont turn into next Jaigen or Sierra.

I still have faith in you besides this sentence :)

Well he cannot be as bad a player as you are.
21 Mar 2015, 15:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Mar 2015, 15:33 PMJaigen

Well he cannot be as bad a player as you are.

At least he plays contrary to you.
21 Mar 2015, 15:58 PM

Guys, in one match a T34/76 wiped 2 full shrecked volk squads one after another in 2 successive shots. I couldn't believe my eyes. You realy underestimate this tank. I love it when I'm playing with it, hate it when playing against. It's not by far as weak as you tend to present it.
21 Mar 2015, 16:01 PM

My bad, I thought he was saying about 76 but SU, not T34/76.

That's what happens when you see only "76" without SU or T before :)

T34/76 is fine. Maybe little better AI but overall it's good.
At least I find them very useful.
21 Mar 2015, 16:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Mar 2015, 15:58 PMJohnnyB
Guys, in one match a T34/76 wiped 2 full shrecked volk squads one after another in 2 successive shots. I couldn't believe my eyes. You realy underestimate this tank. I love it when I'm playing with it, hate it when playing against. It's not by far as weak as you tend to present it.

Sounds like entirely bad luck with RNG, im pretty sure hypothetically a Panzer IV or HE Sherman could do the same....
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS