Login

russian armor

Sturm pioneers are overpriced

PAGES (11)down
5 Mar 2015, 14:18 PM

My reasoning is 320mp is too much for an engineer unit that lacks demo charges, flame throwers or a heavy AT mine. They have decent early game DPS but is that really worth another 150mp over other engie units when their reinforce cost is already more expensive? Maybe back in WFA alpha when they were early game terminators but post-nerf Sturms even lose to a single con squad in cover.

The current replacement cost means if you lose your initial sturm squad to a stray mortar round or grenade you have to waste an extortionate amount of MP for just to get back the ability to counter demo charges/mines. Lose a second squad and it will be GG right there, the Paul vs Jesulin final a few days ago was a good example of this.

Just to highlight the difference in cost but say you lose three sweeper squads over the course of an entire game that would be 960mp, in comparison the Soviets would have to spend a meagre 510 and sweepers are a much more vital part of army composition for OKW than the Sovits.

I suggest the initial purchasing cost be adjusted to 270mp down from 320mp, the reinforce cost would stay the same so "Sturm spam" would not become a problem.
5 Mar 2015, 14:22 PM

They are good on a flank but they are definitely not Shocks/PG/STG44 Obers....

I think 270-280 is fair for what thus unit gives you. But even then you do not want to lose your initial squad and you do not want to build more of them. They really are not as good as some people make them out to be.

Hopefully a future OKW commander can give the Sturnpios some unlockable upgrades (flames, AT mines, demos, advanced repair) at 1-2CP that will keep them relevant going into midgame.
5 Mar 2015, 14:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Mar 2015, 14:18 PMRollo
My reasoning is 320mp is too much for an engineer unit that lacks demo charges, flame throwers or a heavy AT mine. They have decent early game DPS but is that really worth another 150mp over other engie units when their reinforce cost is already more expensive? Maybe back in WFA alpha when they were early game terminators but post-nerf Sturms even lose to a single con squad in cover.

The current replacement cost means if you lose your initial sturm squad to a stray mortar round or grenade you have to waste an extortionate amount of MP for just to get back the ability to counter demo charges/mines. Lose a second squad and it will be GG right there, the Paul vs Jesulin final a few days ago was a good example of this.

Just to highlight the difference in cost but say you lose three sweeper squads over the course of an entire game that would be 960mp, in comparison the Soviets would have to spend a meagre 510 and sweepers are a much more vital part of army composition for OKW than the Sovits.

I suggest the initial purchasing cost be adjusted to 270mp down from 320mp, the reinforce cost would stay the same so "Sturm spam" would not become a problem.

Other factions would gladly pay the extra MP for not only the close range DPS but also the uncuttable super wire and ability to move through water & deep snow at full speed.
5 Mar 2015, 14:23 PM

Whhhaaaattt?? :huhsign:

They are like PzGrens. 20-30kill for SP is something normal.
5 Mar 2015, 14:26 PM

Against unprotected Soviet weapons teams? Sure. Against anything that can actually fight back? They won't last that long.
5 Mar 2015, 14:28 PM
Patrion 14

Tbh, 320 mapower is okay for Sturms. You get a very potent unit and in combination with a well microed kubel, you're a force to be reckoned with.
5 Mar 2015, 14:30 PM

OKW really does not need more buffs..
5 Mar 2015, 14:32 PM

Against unprotected Soviet weapons teams? Sure. Against anything that can actually fight back? They won't last that long.

Suppress with Kubel, finish with SP.
They are also amazing at clearing buildings in early game.
You should not charge with them frontally. You need little support.
Once you get close to Cons or Rifles squad they will melt everything.
5 Mar 2015, 14:34 PM

5 Mar 2015, 14:38 PM

No, they are not like Panzergrenadiers their weapon profile resembles rather a SMG. They were like Panzergrens before the nerf, now they are rather Assault Engineers with 0.87 received accuracy.

They are fine because of the following reasons:

- they are superior to every unit t0 at close range
- kübels and sturmpios have a great synergy
- they should be not spammable, thus not cheap to reinforce.
- Okw is a high risk high reward faction, if you charge in guns blazing you might wipe a squad or you can get wiped in return
- every faction is supposed to have weak spots, okw should have a hard time clearing buildings, therefore no flamethrowers.
- they scale far better then other starter units and repair at an insane speed when vetted up, even for similiar popcap allies repair units can not compete with that.

However, why the fuck their mine sweeper has only half of the range of other sweepers? Is it a bug or intended, does anyone know?
5 Mar 2015, 14:44 PM

No, they are not like Panzergrenadiers their weapon profile resembles rather a SMG. They were like Panzergrens before the nerf, now they are rather Assault Engineers with 0.87 received accuracy.

They are more like PzGrens than AssaultEngi.
AssaultEngis have stable dps and then lose all power on 8meter.
SP have excalty same profile of weapn like PzGrens. I mean not dps but behave of the dps will range. PzGrens just lose less than SP but the profile is very similar.
5 Mar 2015, 14:47 PM

I cant believe the OP is serious.
5 Mar 2015, 14:52 PM

However, why the fuck their mine sweeper has only half of the range of other sweepers? Is it a bug or intended, does anyone know?

Maybe because they can switch between stg-44 and minesweeper. But it should be the samesweeper.
5 Mar 2015, 14:53 PM

Nerf Sturmpios to CE level?
So I could starting from the very first engagement swarm kubels and volks with cons in close range where they perform damn fine ?
I agree!

Or in other words:
5 Mar 2015, 14:54 PM

Maybe because they can switch between stg-44 and minesweeper. But it should be the samesweeper.

Thats probably the reason.
They give nothing in return for ability to sweep and always retain 100% of their combat potential.
Sweeper upgrade also increases repair speed by 1, which is a lot.

If it had normal range I suppose it couldn't retain other benefits or cheap price of 30 mun.
5 Mar 2015, 14:57 PM

How about "NO!". OKW is in need of nerfs, not buffs, especially to units that encourage Kubel play.

You already have the most effective Engineer unit in the game, plus you don't lose DPS to minesweeping, and you get to upgrade repair.
5 Mar 2015, 15:03 PM

Keep in mind that a sturmpioneer with a sweeper repairs as fast as 2.5 engineers. It gets even faster at vet 2 and vet 4 i believe.
5 Mar 2015, 15:07 PM

No, sturmpios' price is fine for their performance and veterancy scale. The only thing I would "improve" is reinforcement time. It takes forever to build one model and this is annoying.

P.S. To all OKW-scared girls: stop with your nurfing nonsenses. If OKW needs a touch, this shouldn't involve sturmpios.
5 Mar 2015, 15:11 PM

I find Sturmpio repair rate is surprisingly fast, maybe too fast. :snfBarton:
5 Mar 2015, 15:13 PM

I find Sturmpio repair rate is surprisingly fast, maybe too fast. :snfBarton:

Especially for a faction with "free" repair truck.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 36
Peru 33
unknown 8
United Kingdom 204
Germany 38
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias