Login

russian armor

COH2 sold 4 million units in 2014

PAGES (10)down
17 Mar 2015, 16:40 PM

so only 11.2% of owners have completed the campaign? that's pretty crappy.

I have done 6 missions or so, stopped there as far as sp goes, CoH2 has hands down the worst campaign I have ever played, like I me I know 5 other people that played between 2 to 4 missions and dropped it.
17 Mar 2015, 16:42 PM
Coder Red Badge

I enjoyed the parts of it I played pre-release. The mission where you had to kill a Tiger with a few engineers and Guards was pretty fun.
17 Mar 2015, 17:30 PM
Patrion 14

yea that mission was fun. i enjoyed coh2 campaign missions generally.
17 Mar 2015, 17:40 PM

The fact of the matter is COH2 has very little strategic depth because there are no unit upgrades that you apply to a unit that cost fuel or MP, they are all munition based.

If you could spend fuel and MP to make your units better then you would see less spam/blobbing because it would allow you to do more with a smaller force rather than just spending it all on MORE units.

For instance, lets say you can upgrade your tanks with more armor, better ROF, or reduce the severity of crits for the price of fuel and MP, which allows you to make your tanks function better and scale better rather than relying on the extremely finicky and sometimes unforgiving veterancy system.

There also should have been more done to flesh out the strategical implications of ice and bridges, but now we have them were 1 demo charge just destroys all of a bridge rather than part of it, and ice is either totally avoidable or not at all.

There just isn't anything actually "unique" to coh2, it just feels like a crappier DoW game.
17 Mar 2015, 18:31 PM
Donator 11

Imo rts games and thri single player part single player don't go well hand in hand.
Played too much multiplayer, didn't finish any coh1 or coh2 campaign...
I litterally fall asleep while playing vs ai....well happens sometimes during multiplayer aswell. :D

Too really understand any kind of game and its mechanics you need face people. Or some kind challlenge they leave behind. And if you have watched grey goo for example as a coh player you notice...rts basics are not enough anymore. So far for the strateic depth. Yes, vet5 sucks, yes facing bad rng makes you want to eat little puppies as a downer, yes your early game micro doesnt make it up for lategame tanks....

But all in all here we are and don't look back. The game for itsellf is definately in a good spot.

And for the future...C'mon relic, sell pink cameo or decals for 5 $ and noone will complain...:unsure:
18 Mar 2015, 00:46 AM
Patrion 14

The fact of the matter is COH2 has very little strategic depth because there are no unit upgrades that you apply to a unit that cost fuel or MP, they are all munition based.

If you could spend fuel and MP to make your units better then you would see less spam/blobbing because it would allow you to do more with a smaller force rather than just spending it all on MORE units.

molotov, at nade, bar, usf nades, bazookas need fuel and MP to unlock. although marginal.
18 Mar 2015, 00:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Mar 2015, 00:46 AMpigsoup

molotov, at nade, bar, usf nades, bazookas need fuel and MP to unlock. although marginal.

You still need to pay munitions for the upgrades, I'm talking a thing were you pay 200 MP and 30 fuel to give your T34 some extra armor plating.
18 Mar 2015, 10:23 AM

CoH2 has hands down the worst campaign I have ever played

What campaigns have you played?

So what you want is a DoW2 in WW2 setting. That's cool, I love DoW2, but I wouldn't bash CoH2 because it's a different game. In this game we are supposed to have many units on the field at the same time. The way it is. I think it would be better if the people that can't stand multiple units movement play another game, for all of our sake.

Too really understand any kind of game and its mechanics you need face people.

False.
18 Mar 2015, 13:27 PM
Coder Red Badge

Upgrades (or their equivalents) have been a hallmark of every single RTS in history, and for good reason: they add an extra dimension to a game's strategic diversity, and they exponentially increase the number of possible strategies players can employ. It's not about making CoH2 more like DoW2, it's about giving CoH2 a basic element of RTS play that has been proven time after time in other games (CoH1 included) to drastically improve strategic variety, yet has been inexplicably excluded.
18 Mar 2015, 13:32 PM
Senior Editor Badge

18 Mar 2015, 13:56 PM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Mar 2015, 13:27 PMInverse
Upgrades (or their equivalents) have been a hallmark of every single RTS in history, and for good reason: they add an extra dimension to a game's strategic diversity, and they exponentially increase the number of possible strategies players can employ. It's not about making CoH2 more like DoW2, it's about giving CoH2 a basic element of RTS play that has been proven time after time in other games (CoH1 included) to drastically improve strategic variety, yet has been inexplicably excluded.

When I finish doing Hungary can you take a look please?
18 Mar 2015, 14:05 PM
Coder Red Badge

18 Mar 2015, 15:00 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Check in Editing Room
18 Mar 2015, 15:49 PM

So what you want is a DoW2 in WW2 setting. That's cool, I love DoW2, but I wouldn't bash CoH2 because it's a different game. In this game we are supposed to have many units on the field at the same time. The way it is. I think it would be better if the people that can't stand multiple units movement play another game, for all of our sake.

The thing is that the insane unit counts you need now to be effective mean the game has nothing to do with intelligent thinking on the players part, just being able to micro a fuckbillion units means you can win 90% of the time.

Upgrades as Inverse said are were RTS's get dynamic because you need to make a choice about whether to upgrade your units to make them better or to get more. It also allows you to keep making your army more effective when you hit pop cap.

Right now it's hit pop ---> stop spending resources

When it should be hit pop -----> keep spending resources on upgrades.
18 Mar 2015, 18:59 PM

The Age of Empires series implemented that very well. It was good to have a resource sink in an armory where you could upgrade the defensive and offensive capabilities of your units.

And the investments added many more variations in strategy for the gameplay.

Fire for my arrows? Yes, please. Normally arrows wouldn't do much damage against structures, but now they do.
18 Mar 2015, 19:04 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

The Age of Empires series implemented that very well. It was good to have a resource sink in an armory where you could upgrade the defensive and offensive capabilities of your units.

And the investments added many more variations in strategy for the gameplay.

Fire for my arrows? Yes, please. Normally arrows wouldn't do much damage against structures, but now they do.

On most of my games in AoE II+C it was: rush, rush, rush, rush... It was way too economic macro oriented.
18 Mar 2015, 19:59 PM

I never quite liked that a unit suddenly changed its strategic use through an upgrade.
18 Mar 2015, 20:58 PM
Donator 11

18 Mar 2015, 21:18 PM

remember those angry russians because they didn't like how relic was portraying them as murdering savages?
18 Mar 2015, 21:28 PM

Panzergrenadiers with shrecks... :unsure:

Yes but they want more stuff like that than what's already in. Probably want building phase upgrades that leads to new abilities, passive or active, for units and stuff too.
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS