Login

russian armor

COH2 sold 4 million units in 2014

PAGES (10)down
5 Mar 2015, 16:37 PM
Benefactor 115

impressive numbers for Ultra Street Fighter 4, let's hope for more fighters on the PC platform.
5 Mar 2015, 16:41 PM
Donator 11

4 million sales, less than 10k stick around, I would consider this a huge failure in making a good game.

Probably way more, like 200-500k active players.

Still quite bad though in comparison :/
5 Mar 2015, 16:46 PM

Wow thats shocking. Good for Relic. Now hire more people...like 2 balance Devs would be a good start....
5 Mar 2015, 16:48 PM
Benefactor 115

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Mar 2015, 16:41 PMkamk

Probably way more, like 200-500k active players.

Still quite bad though in comparison :/

~100k - 180k more like, using those MWNL achievements 4% of the player base has the Snore, Snore, Total Bore achievement. Which I believe required you to win at least one game (vs ai, vs player) during the weekend.

I cant remember what you had to do to get the Romani Ite Domum achievement but 0.6% of the player base has it. Which would be 24k.
5 Mar 2015, 16:49 PM

How many of those figures are from people buying multiple factions to use on alt accounts? I myself bought 14 OKW factions during a Steam sale last year for alt accounts and other stuff, so I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people did the same.
5 Mar 2015, 16:49 PM

Sale's don't actually correlate to how much money the developer team makes or has to hire people.

The money goes to SEGA, who will determine if Company of Heroes (or Relic) is worth keeping around based on it.

And if you don't know this, SEGA didn't buy Relic for CoH, they bought it for the unrestricted WH40k license rights.
5 Mar 2015, 16:50 PM

How many of those figures are from people buying multiple factions to use on alt accounts? I myself bought 14 OKW factions during a Steam sale last year for alt accounts and other stuff, so I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people did the same.

what
5 Mar 2015, 16:58 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Sale's don't actually correlate to how much money the developer team makes or has to hire people.

The money goes to SEGA, who will determine if Company of Heroes (or Relic) is worth keeping around based on it.

And if you don't know this, SEGA didn't buy Relic for CoH, they bought it for the unrestricted WH40k license rights.

Source? Just interested :) $26 million seems a stretch for rights only.
5 Mar 2015, 16:59 PM

what

? It's pretty clear; I bought 14 factions(OKW and USF were 2 something each) to use for alt accounts and gave a few away to some friends. I mainly bought them for alt accounts though.
5 Mar 2015, 17:01 PM

? It's pretty clear; I bought 14 factions(OKW and USF were 2 something each) to use for alt accounts and gave a few away to some friends. I mainly bought them for alt accounts though.

You know you can just use steam family sharing for alt accounts? You can smurf for free this way.

Source? Just interested :) $26 million seems a stretch for rights only.

The WH40k unrestricted development license allows you to basically print money. Name recognition in games development is everything, 26 million is chump change compared to the profit SEGA can make off developing WH40k games.

For what purpose?
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Some new scheme you dreamt up with SuperJew, in order to level up? :unsure:
5 Mar 2015, 17:12 PM

For what purpose?

For multiple reasons but the main one is so I can actually play a game, without the opposing player going into tryhard mode so he can beat me. It's even worse in 2v2, where quite a few of my losses were due to teammates asking "Are you REforever1911?" and when I said the one and only, they leave the game.

I also don't want people to know that it's me they've beaten, otherwise they'll just go onto CoH.org and post the replay...it should be the other way around.
5 Mar 2015, 17:13 PM
Donator 11

~100k - 180k more like, using those MWNL achievements 4% of the player base has the Snore, Snore, Total Bore achievement. Which I believe required you to win at least one game (vs ai, vs player) during the weekend.

I cant remember what you had to do to get the Romani Ite Domum achievement but 0.6% of the player base has it. Which would be 24k.

Well, not every active player is going to play a game on the valentines weekend.
My estimation is more around the "plays at least 1 game per 1-2 weeks".

Just noticed the 24h peak is down to 6k'ish, so i guess ~200k / ~5% is more accurate, kinda also works with your 4% on the Snore achievement.

5 Mar 2015, 17:16 PM

For multiple reasons but the main one is so I can actually play a game, without the opposing player going into tryhard mode so he can beat me. It's even worse in 2v2, where quite a few of my losses were due to teammates asking "Are you REforever1911?" and when I said the one and only, they leave the game.

I also don't want people to know that it's me they've beaten, otherwise they'll just go onto CoH.org and post the replay...it should be the other way around.

Okay this is a little insane. I see popular/good players all the time in randoms and they don't cause people to leave or throw their hats up.

And if someone beats you and posts a replay you should be able to handle it, I mean christ man this is kinda sad.
5 Mar 2015, 17:25 PM

Okay this is a little insane. I see popular/good players all the time in randoms and they don't cause people to leave or throw their hats up.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by this. For clarification on my first paragraph, my teammate(If i'm playing a 2v2 ranked random) would rather leave the game than see me win due to my infamy on Gamereplays, this site, and admittedly my in-game behaviour during games. In 1v1's, my opponents go into try-hard mode if they find out it's me they're facing since apparently it's cool to go try-hard against CoH1 veterans and a member of the CoH Experts clan.

And if someone beats you and posts a replay you should be able to handle it, I mean christ man this is kinda sad.

It's not really sad but quite logical. I'm a CoH1 veteran(Top 10 ranked 2v2) and a member of the CoH Experts clan and as such I have a reputation to live up to; I should be the one posting replays of my defeated enemies, and not them so thus it's why I use alt accounts for 1v1's and sometimes 2v2's.
5 Mar 2015, 17:28 PM

please be trolling please be trolling please be trolling please be trolling
5 Mar 2015, 17:30 PM

please be trolling please be trolling please be trolling please be trolling

Look it's opposite day.
5 Mar 2015, 17:30 PM

Dat guy is good at trolling. Show some respect to the Troller master!
5 Mar 2015, 17:35 PM

"Dear boy?" What's that supposed to mean?

Perhaps you didn't see my elaboration, i edited it in afterwards. What i wrote was:

I grew up with a golden era of games that was not made to make shitloads of cash but to be an artistic outlet of the people making them. Games like Monkey Island, Doom, Commander Keen, Deus Ex, Worms, Omikron, Black & White, Thief etc, where made with a different mindset. I understand that the gaming industry has changed and is a completely different thing now. The games are way too advanced to make in your garage and cost way too much money to develop. However, i still don't think that just because a game makes lots of money it automatically should be seen as a great game.

Some of my fondest gaming memories comes from playing mods and they didn't make any money at all.

We still make games because we love making games.
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 25
France 24

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak