Login

russian armor

PTAB Strike vs Stuka Strafe

28 Feb 2015, 23:36 PM

Stuka Strafe is capable of killing, stunning or mortally criplling almost every Allied vehicle if it hits. It does that for 110 munitions in a doctrine with readily available munitions.

Enter Tank Hunter Tactics, a munitions intensive doctrine with no usable anti-infantry infantry and insane munitions drain, and you get a 180 munitions strike that won't halve a Tiger's health let alone kill it. Considering Axis anti-infantry deal more damage because of the supposed advantage of larger squad sizes, shouldn't Allied AT deal more damage since almost every German tank is more durable than its Alied counterpart, if one exists in the first place?

For 180 munitions I think it would be balanced for the strike to kill Tiger. The rest of the doctrine is pretty miserable, and it's far easier to avoid than Stuka strafe, which can sentence an IS-2 to death by halving its health and stun it and outright kill anything smaller.

And before you guys flip out, just try this doctrine. For one game. It's utterly miserable. The only useful powers it gives are PTRS, which is good against early light vehicles, and the Engineer salvage kit, which is too expensive in munitions.
28 Feb 2015, 23:44 PM

I have played alot with both of the commanders, and I have to say that the Soviet AT bombing was ninja patched or something few patches back, it used to be able to take 75% or even more hp from even a JT. But that aside, the Stuka Strafe if fukken op with the Pak crit shot.
1 Mar 2015, 03:30 AM

The Soviet anti tank bombing run is very powerful and DOES take a lot of health from any vehicle, but I find it most effective at finishing off a vehicle as it limps away.

Btw, the anti tank bombing run works INCREDIBLY well on blobs too. Hit a blob with that thing and it's like an OP fragmentation bombing run. Couldn't believe it when I saw it.

1 Mar 2015, 03:42 AM

... Watch ... Then tell me if you still think the same :)

bomb run vs a panther
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EV3fug9I9JU&list=PLLzJ-mmAx7RhBtZ6qfPK4RSeAe8DsWdps#t=1201

bomb run vs a Tiger from about 4/5th hp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pfm6hyaHdg#t=3148

bomb run vs infantry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pfm6hyaHdg#t=2049

Side notes.

-Have you seen the 240 munition call in from ost vs allied tanks? its worse then the p47's, (only thing is they have to have vision of there targets for the plane to shoot/strafe

-calling the ptrs good on that commander is false, they come too late in most cases.
guards come out at 2 cps with 4 ptrs's, Cons need a 50 munition upgrade for 2 ptrs at 3 cp when light's are already dominating/ed the field

-.... the salvage kit sucks?... have you used it ? :D
it gives a percent of the tank your salvaging, it would be op if it was on any other commander.. honestly
if you don't believe me , 1 try it :D . 2 watch this cast of romeo casting lenny using it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pfm6hyaHdg

don't want to watch the whole thing , here a little clip from the video after a tank battle
salvaging a t34/76
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pfm6hyaHdg#t=1432
salvaging a tiger
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pfm6hyaHdg#t=1837

Hope you Enjoy the Clips :D I sure did :p
1 Mar 2015, 10:29 AM

Which Ostheer 240 munition call-in are we talking about?

PTRS is good-ish against light vehicles.

Salvage kit doesn't suck. It is just expensive.

Those clips are from October 2014, which would make sense if it is indeed nerfed like Lucifer said.
1 Mar 2015, 10:32 AM

It wasn't nerfed, it's just a little RNG when it comes to damage.
1 Mar 2015, 10:38 AM

I'm quite sure tank hunter doctrine was designed with a sole purpose of countering all these armored car and 251 transport spammers.
PTAB drop is one big russian roulette, hit or miss ability that usually misses.
1 Mar 2015, 10:52 AM

Partisants with schreck instead of PTRS.
SU-100 call in instead of anything.
Then we would have tank hunter doctrine.
Now it's Scout Car hunter.
1 Mar 2015, 10:54 AM

Pilfered Panzerschreck upgrade for Conscripts.

:megusta:
1 Mar 2015, 11:18 AM

Pilfered Panzerschreck upgrade for Conscripts.

:megusta:

One shreck per con squad, and also they become immune to freezing.

The german tears. They would be so real.
1 Mar 2015, 11:21 AM

And Armored Vehicle Detection like Stormtroopers get. The best Soviet ability ever, now comes with the best infantry squad in the game.:megusta:
1 Mar 2015, 12:08 PM

Nah, Soviets should get free captured panzerfausts instead. Historically accurate too! :D
1 Mar 2015, 12:19 PM

+1. Relic think someone will buy soviet doctrine with no late game call-in.:snfPeter:
1 Mar 2015, 15:20 PM

not really
1 Mar 2015, 17:17 PM

Permanently Banned

Yeah lets also make a doctrine where the soviet army has readily available german equipment. Shrek upgrades, panther call in, mg42 teams etc. Lets replace the soviet faction with okw with the click of a button.
1 Mar 2015, 18:03 PM

Tank Hunters? You mean Kubel Hunters?

This doctrine is terribly designed and falls into same spot where all "fun to play" allied doctrines fell: use call-ins or die by call-ins.
2 Mar 2015, 02:31 AM

Which Ostheer 240 munition call-in are we talking about?

PTRS is good-ish against light vehicles.

Salvage kit doesn't suck. It is just expensive.

Those clips are from October 2014, which would make sense if it is indeed nerfed like Lucifer said.

Stuka close Air support , (240 munitions on a few commanders lighting war to name one of them)

so upgrading say 3 con's (150 munitions worth to get 6 ptrs) and losing ai power on your cons is worth taking out a halftrack? when you can just at nade it? 2's and kill it?
The at nade barrage can kill a p4 in 2 volleys, thats 55 munitions , (5 for the mine) and 50 for 2 con's throwing 6 nades

The only clip from oct 2014 is the video of myself playing, the rest are all from lennys game , (Jan 7th 2015) when romeo posted it,

Not a 100% sure on the detail but i know its never gotten a nerf
The only nerf i'm aware (if ever) this commander ever got was before it was released?
(ptrs used to be 30 munitions and gave you 4 ptrs?)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★