Login

russian armor

CoH 2 Server Stress Test

PAGES (11)down
1 Jun 2013, 13:53 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

I really wonder how we're expected to run tournaments with all of this commander unlock and intel bulletin jazz.
1 Jun 2013, 14:08 PM

In the hypothetical scenario of two equally matched players, which DLC you've bought could mean the difference between winning or losing. Balancing doctrines in vCoH was hard enough- throw in a multitude of bulletins and commanders in CoH2, and that just gets so much harder. It seems to totally go against some of the other design decisions such as the removal target tables, specifically designed to make balance easier to achieve.
1 Jun 2013, 14:41 PM
Patrion 14

I really wonder how we're expected to run tournaments with all of this commander unlock and intel bulletin jazz.

As a spectator and fan of tournie play, Ami, I agree that this might well be a pain in the arse. I suggested to Quinn that an ironman 1 v 1 mode be introduced that strips away non-canonical commanders and int bulletins for tournie play, maybe this is the way forward.

After all, only a handful of maps are deemed good enough for tournie play, maybe the same will happen with commanders.
1 Jun 2013, 15:54 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

An handful of maps we yet have to see :P

Right now the only real 1vs1 map is Kholodny and we still can't play it in its Summer version. :(
1 Jun 2013, 16:02 PM
Senior Caster Badge

That's not a problem, I just point a space heater at my screen when I play. Same sort of thing.
1 Jun 2013, 16:53 PM

An handful of maps we yet have to see :P

Right now the only real 1vs1 map is Kholodny and we still can't play it in its Summer version. :(

Kholodny sucks, theres not enough points to secure a decent munition income. For some reason I'm having more and more fun on pripyat :/

Also where the hell is Rhezv frontline???
3 Jun 2013, 00:00 AM

I've just tested the game today, I would like to report a few things base on my personal experience:
Good: 1)better path finding (especially on retreat)
2)tactical map finally, clearer UI portrait.
3)blizzard is less foggy
4)doctrine units no longer replace default units
5)better performance on summer/spring maps

Questions: 1)where's my tiger tank?
2)standard AI is noticeable easier compare to closed beta, more challenge?
3)mortar seems a bit weak/not very accurate, in closed beta they are OP,
maybe nerf their powerful a bit, but less OP than closed beta?
4)bring back tank traps from vcoh? get rid of annoying mine field for German?

Bad: overall performance is worse compare to closed beta despite getting better fps on summer/spring maps. as many people have already mentioned that when playing winter maps fps drops significantly during blizzard. in addition, I get huge stutter while scrolling around the map and some random fps dip when there are deep snow. I'm playing on max, lower the settings to medium/high reduce stuttering but still does not fix blizzard and late game lags.

note: I know my pc is very modest kind of low end (amd fx 6cores, gtx 650 ti)but that's not my point. because I can play other big games like grid 2,nfsmw,bf3,crysis 3,metro last light on ultra (except crysis 3 and last light on high) with playable/good fps, yet I'm getting so much lags with coh2 shows that essence 3.0 needs to be much more optimised prior to the final release.gameplay wise,the game is looking good though :)
3 Jun 2013, 06:00 AM

well, maybe force certain intel bulletins? though with the commanders it will be a big question of how... on the other side of it, when you keep seeing the same commanders get picked, or never get used, you know they may need some rebalancing (it's how riot also works in League of Legends sometimes..)

SNF will find a way :)
3 Jun 2013, 09:10 AM

i guess for tourney play the way to go would be to disallow certain things. maybe have a list of allowed commanders/bulletins etc.
since you should be able to check for those via the replay files, it should not be too hard to enforce these rules.

as for maps: i guess in a pre-release environment, you can't really expect too much of the maps, especially in a CoH game, where maps really make or break a matchup.

community made maps or maps that get shipped on release or shortly after (or maybe even the ones we have now, with updates) will probably be better than what we are looking at right now.
3 Jun 2013, 11:03 AM
Patrion 14

I can't even begin to tell you how much I hate Pripyat. It's a sop to the weenies who enjoy Lyon / Vire and I hate it. Campy shite.
3 Jun 2013, 14:19 PM
Patrion 14

@Noun: Thanks for letting us know.

There might be a bug with the new server stress test however. My colleague, out of pure curiosity just started up the closed beta because he saw me playing it and got into the game without taking part in the "server stress test" beta branch.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS