PAGES (11)down
22 May 2013, 12:35 PM

BUGSPLATS, bugsplats everywhere
22 May 2013, 12:59 PM

BUGSPLATS, bugsplats everywhere

+1
22 May 2013, 13:00 PM

Fixed it by changing the language.
the scrolling bug with right and downwards, still isnt fixed, although they know the solution for weeks.(althought it doesnt work at all)
HOW HARD IS IT RELIC?
22 May 2013, 13:09 PM

Any word on how long the stress test will go for?
mmp
22 May 2013, 13:33 PM

I got a chance to play 1 game last night! I noticed quite abit different and it seems like everyone has mentioned most of what I noticed. I really really really enjoyed the graphics, seemed like the game was truly dx11..... I mean wow that moltov cocktail war unreal. anyways I feel really excited about what I have seen as well!
22 May 2013, 13:35 PM

Fixed it by changing the language.
the scrolling bug with right and downwards, still isnt fixed, although they know the solution for weeks.(althought it doesnt work at all)
HOW HARD IS IT RELIC?

yea language change fixed the problem
22 May 2013, 14:02 PM

IpKaiFung dodged my T-34 ram, which then left it with a damaged engine :D
22 May 2013, 14:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 May 2013, 17:47 PMNoun
We will be running a limited and controlled test of the Company of Heroes 2 servers, and would love to get your help. We're looking for a limited number of people to play the game, which will put stress on our servers so we can make sure they're up to snuff for the launch.

This is not a Beta. This is not marketing thing, this is us wanting to make sure we're ready for launch and asking you guys for help in making sure that happens.

Since this is a test we are hoping the servers get knocked over quite a bit. That means that you may lose connectivity, or find that you can't play the game at times. If you're the sort of person to get frustrated by that sort of thing, please don't take part. The Open Beta will be much more satisfying for you.

Also we need to control how many people have access to this at a time, so we're controlling how many people are being invited. Please do not share the instructions for accessing this test with anyone. If everyone who we let into the test shared the information with even 1 other person we'd have double the number of anticipated people accessing the game. This could slow the game's development, delay the Open Beta and have consequences on the final product.

We're trusting you to work with us to make the best game possible. Please don't betray our trust.

If you do want to take part in the Server Stress Test please email: coh2servertest at relic.com now.

Thank you all for your support! With your help Company of Heroes 2 will be one of hte best games we've ever published.

- the Company of Heroes 2 Dev Team
22 May 2013, 14:43 PM

My framerate also dropped significantly during the blizzard. Overall I have to say the changes made, although slight, improve the play for sure.
22 May 2013, 15:16 PM

Same here. Blizzards slow my game much mor ethan before, but overall, I've experienced some performance improvements (and I have a low end system for this game).

Most of the changes are downright welcome, although many more still left to go. I liked the tech changes and medpack system.

As far as the panzerfaust crap BartonPL is complaining about, I've noticed that the Soviet Wagon of Death seems to be a lot more vulnerable to small arms fire.

Take into account guys, that this is probably NOT the final version, either. There may be several other changes that have gone into Gold...
22 May 2013, 15:20 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post22 May 2013, 13:33 PMmmp
I got a chance to play 1 game last night! I noticed quite abit different and it seems like everyone has mentioned most of what I noticed. I really really really enjoyed the graphics, seemed like the game was truly dx11..... I mean wow that moltov cocktail war unreal. anyways I feel really excited about what I have seen as well!

I dont think this is dx11 yet, i think we can experience dx11 when the game launchers. I t still feels like dx9.
22 May 2013, 16:52 PM

Thanx Noun, it's gonna be interesting to take part in this...
22 May 2013, 17:01 PM
Coder Red Badge

Noice! Will dl :)
5 of 13 Relic postsRelic 22 May 2013, 17:32 PM
Developer Relic Badge

We'll be running the closed beta for a while - until we feel stability is good and then we'll open it up for the stress test which will run for quite a while.

We'll also be testing our day 0 patch items, so once the game is more stable, we'll be gradually introducing additional tuning changes;

- Upkeep has a pass undergoing testing here.
- Changes to the commander trees (I'll keep that one a surprise in case it doesn't work :) )
- Unit 'feel' pass. We had good metrics on the beta in terms of balance. 1% difference right now between the two races. Over 1 million games were played during the last beta. We'll start with the big tanks and do a little bit better on the role definition.
- Bug fixes, data issues etc.

BTW, those of you who are having issues with Blizzards, could you post your system specs somewhere? By our numbers, blizzards were optimized considerably and had no effect on our min-spec. We're also looking at the autodetect settings to improve those.

Another question - those of you who are playing, can you earn XP and rank up? Some people are reporting they can't.

thanks all,

Quinn
22 May 2013, 17:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 May 2013, 17:32 PMqduffy
We'll be running the closed beta for a while - until we feel stability is good and then we'll open it up for the stress test which will run for quite a while.

We'll also be testing our day 0 patch items, so once the game is more stable, we'll be gradually introducing additional tuning changes;

- Upkeep has a pass undergoing testing here.
- Changes to the commander trees (I'll keep that one a surprise in case it doesn't work :) )
- Unit 'feel' pass. We had good metrics on the beta in terms of balance. 1% difference right now between the two races. Over 1 million games were played during the last beta. We'll start with the big tanks and do a little bit better on the role definition.
- Bug fixes, data issues etc.

BTW, those of you who are having issues with Blizzards, could you post your system specs somewhere? By our numbers, blizzards were optimized considerably and had no effect on our min-spec. We're also looking at the autodetect settings to improve those.

Another question - those of you who are playing, can you earn XP and rank up? Some people are reporting they can't.

thanks all,

Quinn

earining xp and ranking up works
22 May 2013, 17:50 PM

Yup working for me also xps and ranking up. This version looks a lot better than beta. :D
22 May 2013, 17:51 PM

But this -is- Beta!
22 May 2013, 17:56 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

Just played a game and I got no experience, it was a custom game vs the AI.
22 May 2013, 18:01 PM
Donator 11

yes, I'm ranking up, although very slowly - I've been losing all my games so far - Can you address this issue in the next patch Mr Duffy? MVGame
22 May 2013, 18:02 PM

Yes no xp from custom vs ai, but ranked games are fine.
Blizzards do make the game feel sluggish for me. I'm on intel i7-920 with radeon hd 5850. I could play the previous version all maxed out, but not this.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight