Login

russian armor

reasoning for putting a flak gun on the OKW base building?

PAGES (11)down
25 Feb 2015, 13:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2015, 13:03 PMKhan
Why do Obers get the best LMG in the game for free?
Why does the Puma have an instant get-out-of-jail-free card at 0 Vet?
Why does the cheapest mainline infantry that also scales the best with Vet also have Schrecks?
Etc..

These design decisions were taken by Relic's design team at a time when they were probably under the influence of some nasty stuff.

either that or duffy had them under gunpoint

25 Feb 2015, 13:08 PM

This one is epic hehe, exaggerate moar MAOR!!:snfMarcus:
the flack gun can reliably pen the front armor of allied tank that's a fact
25 Feb 2015, 13:12 PM

This one is epic hehe, exaggerate moar MAOR!!:snfMarcus:

:huhsign:

It always brings T34 to 10-15% health and with little RNG it can kill it.

Shame you did not say anything about denying cut off and other stuff :lol:

And please, learn to read and understand. I said it can deal, not it deals. Panzer 4 also can deal with IS2 with little luck and micro, aye?

If you are trolling, at least learn how to do it.

But does not matter. Flak vs Sherman with HE rounds below.

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2015, 13:03 PMKhan
Why do Obers get the best LMG in the game for free?
Why does the Puma have an instant get-out-of-jail-free card at 0 Vet?
Why does the cheapest mainline infantry that also scales the best with Vet also have Schrecks?
Etc..

These design decisions were taken by Relic's design team at a time when they were probably under the influence of some nasty stuff.

I would rather ask why Obers can shoot with LMG on move almost without penalty? When you smoke with Shocks at grens, they have to get out and move and you can chase them. When you some Obers, and move back and once you get out from smoke, they laught at you cause they will shoot you on the move.
In recet patch (correct if Im not wrong) there was a change that no matter who picks up lmg34 CANT shoot on the move. So why Obers can?

Why? Because M10 or Jackson dont have such thing and we need asymetrical balance :snfPeter:
25 Feb 2015, 13:59 PM
Patrion 14

it is too powerful, lame base mechanic, remove? yes please.
25 Feb 2015, 14:30 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

you're supposed to use AP rounds on sherman vs HQ's since HE rounds dont always(never?) do full damage

They need their HP and range reduced.

And why does the Alpha OKW seem like it would be more fun to play as and against?
25 Feb 2015, 14:45 PM

pershings are cool, but i don't get one of those :snfBarton:

+20000

Relic needs to get rid of this bull shit Flak gun. I mean come on, does everything needs to be UBER with OKW? I can't even call in fuel drops with Lend Lease Commander bc of these damn things.
25 Feb 2015, 14:47 PM

And why does the Alpha OKW seem like it would be more fun to play as and against?

While also beeing less usefull the bigger the map is, which could also lessen current 3v3 and 4v4 problems.
25 Feb 2015, 14:51 PM

I started a topic on this a while back:

Your text..

Feel free to take a look there as well.

The unit is currently nuts as it stands. For an upgrade cost (literally for free) you can lock infantry, armor, and aircraft out of the map at the place you decide. And it comes out early. With fuel transfer this sucker is on the field by the 10 minute mark.
25 Feb 2015, 15:36 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Either nerf range or at least UPDATE visual ui range.
Nerf pen.

Next.
25 Feb 2015, 15:58 PM

Appearances can be very deceiving.
25 Feb 2015, 16:18 PM

I don't understand why allied players have so much trouble with this building. If any OKW player is bold enough to put this building so far ahead of his lines then he fully accepts the risk of losing it as well. I often play teamgames and when people put this building forward on the frontlines it's ALWAYS a huge risk for them. Soviet Zis guns and american 57mm AT guns make short work of these buildings in no time.
25 Feb 2015, 16:32 PM

Permanently Banned
All hail OKW, the ultimate faction design crafted by the Holy Trinity; Relic, Quinn Duffy, and :snfPeter:. It is the pinnacle for which all future factions shall be based, and all those existing will #adapt and conform to it's holy shape.

25 Feb 2015, 16:34 PM

Another day, another "x-thing of okw is op - nerf it !!!111!!! BUFF ALLIES!!!111!! GIVE PERSHING!!!111!1"-thread.

25 Feb 2015, 17:02 PM

I dont know why its in the game. Its completely pointless. No faction should have access to such thing. Good luck breaking a Med truck + Flak truck combo. It simply locks down a part of the map and ensures the OKW map control whereas the others have to try to maintain it actively. Even Ostheer. And Ostheer doesnt get Obers.
25 Feb 2015, 17:09 PM

I started a topic on this a while back:

Your text..

Feel free to take a look there as well.

The unit is currently nuts as it stands. For an upgrade cost (literally for free) you can lock infantry, armor, and aircraft out of the map at the place you decide. And it comes out early. With fuel transfer this sucker is on the field by the 10 minute mark.

This.

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2015, 16:18 PMNickbn
I don't understand why allied players have so much trouble with this building. If any OKW player is bold enough to put this building so far ahead of his lines then he fully accepts the risk of losing it as well. I often play teamgames and when people put this building forward on the frontlines it's ALWAYS a huge risk for them. Soviet Zis guns and american 57mm AT guns make short work of these buildings in no time.

Seriously? If there were no OP OKW troops to deal with, you'd have a point, but the AT guns take too much time in lieu of the blob that'll come after them. Cost for cost, OKW has the advantage and still more flexibility.

I dont know why its in the game. Its completely pointless. No faction should have access to such thing. Good luck breaking a Med truck + Flak truck combo. It simply locks down a part of the map and ensures the OKW map control whereas the others have to try to maintain it actively. Even Ostheer. And Ostheer doesnt get Obers.

And this.

25 Feb 2015, 17:44 PM

Actually, I find Flak HQ very challenging and interesting to fight against. It is like ultimate goal - to bring that thing down. The only thing that concerns me is that it provides free AA.

By the way, I'm saying only from 4v4 perspective.
25 Feb 2015, 18:00 PM

Actually, I find Flak HQ very challenging and interesting to fight against. It is like ultimate goal - to bring that thing down. The only thing that concerns me is that it provides free AA.

By the way, I'm saying only from 4v4 perspective.

In 4v4 it's not a challange at all.
But in 1v1/2v2...
25 Feb 2015, 18:03 PM

In 4v4 it's not a challange at all.
But in 1v1/2v2...

I'll disagree. Ever have two of those near each other? Plus the shreked blob? Fortress.
25 Feb 2015, 18:45 PM

what problem does OKW have that it needs to be there?

do you believe it is too powerful?

It could have been an FlaK 88
25 Feb 2015, 18:55 PM
Donator 11

If the game is so bad why don't you just quit :snfQuinn:
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias