Login

russian armor

reasoning for putting a flak gun on the OKW base building?

PAGES (11)down
25 Feb 2015, 07:08 AM

what problem does OKW have that it needs to be there?

if the faction's basis is to hold the line until you have stronger troops, shouldn't it be the hard part of the faction? instead of just plopping one of these down to secure half the map....

why is it's range half a 1v1 map? why does it instakill infantry models and wreck light and medium tanks with ease?

would removing it hinder OKW completely?

do you believe it is too powerful?

let's have a discussion
25 Feb 2015, 07:15 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

25 Feb 2015, 07:18 AM

it looks cool

pershings are cool, but i don't get one of those :snfBarton:
25 Feb 2015, 07:19 AM

Permanently Banned

pershings are cool, but i don't get one of those :snfBarton:

+1000
25 Feb 2015, 07:32 AM

It is there to make Oberkommando players risk it by putting it in the field but I would rather have it be an effective anti air gun (thing cant shoot for shit when it comes to planes) and have its dps against infantry and vehicles reduced while still keeping its suppression so units cant just plan a demo charge next to it and blow it up in 2 go's
25 Feb 2015, 08:53 AM

I see no strict reasoning here, except maybe... asymmetric balance :D

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2015, 07:32 AMmedhood
It is there to make Oberkommando players risk it by putting it in the field but I would rather have it be an effective anti air gun (thing cant shoot for shit when it comes to planes) and have its dps against infantry and vehicles reduced while still keeping its suppression so units cant just plan a demo charge next to it and blow it up in 2 go's

I'd like to have IS-3 or Pershing so they would make me risk them by putting them in the field.

25 Feb 2015, 09:01 AM

I see no strict reasoning here, except maybe... asymmetric balance :D

I'd like to have IS-3 or Pershing so they would make me risk them by putting them in the field.

Dont be a smartass, but to be honest I also would like a heavy tank for USF
25 Feb 2015, 09:15 AM

Reasoning for putting a flak gun on the OKW base building?

Originally OKW needed to chain their sectors to the HQ sector with their trucks, so the Flak Truck was never supposed to be far from home. It was just early-game leverage for the crippled OKW. And by crippled, I mean they only got 33% income from unchained sectors at the time, although they could get 200% on chained sectors.

(No NDA broken, information taken from Duffy's OKW stream Western Front Armies Preview Shoutcast)
25 Feb 2015, 09:20 AM

Originally OKW needed to chain their sectors to the HQ sector with their trucks, so the Flak Truck was never supposed to be far from home. It was just early-game leverage for the crippled OKW. And by crippled, I mean they only got 33% income from unchained sectors at the time, although they could get 200% on chained sectors.

(No NDA broken, information taken from Duffy's OKW stream Western Front Armies Preview Shoutcast)

so basically it's broken as fuck

right, well we already knew that..

thanks for the confirmation tho!
25 Feb 2015, 09:39 AM

AT Gun, 120mm... etc
25 Feb 2015, 10:01 AM

The reason they have it is they are strong at holding a smaller part of the map. But struggle to contend the extremities of the map.

Also people lean on MG34s a Lot. Without them its a struggle to maintain any map presence against spams early on.
25 Feb 2015, 11:51 AM

In a 1v1 situation it covers too much of the map. Even when placed at a far back position it still makes harassment of key areas impossible unless you send quite a bit over there to remove the truck. This is a high risk high reward situation that is almost forced because if the flack hq is down on one side defending your cutoff / fuel, your units are free to constantly assault your opponents important territory (even easier if the med hq is near their area).

It has to high of a pen value for certain, if it is any more unfair that is hard to judge. I personally think it has too long of range. With its vast area denial in a one vs one you can have it still hiding in the "back" of the map covered by terrain and still it is covering something important.

an example of this is on Road to Kharkov. At either spawn your flack track can be put back close to home either by the cut off or by the fuel and that area is no longer harrassable until you remove it.

Moving around the map and de capping your opponent is a key part of this game that OKW can really clamp giving them a vast advantage. I think it is due to the schwere hq's range and penetration.
25 Feb 2015, 12:00 PM

OKW forward trucks are great advantage, but easy can by death weaknes. (arty)
If you dont like arty, just smoke flak with mortar (sherman, rifle) and use attack ground or use satchel.
25 Feb 2015, 12:19 PM

Its suppressing out of the range :snfPeter:

It can deal alone with Sherman or T34/76.

It denies cut offs.

On some maps it force you to fight for your cut off/fuel point rather than fight for it and decap enemie's. Its most broken on Way to Kharkov. If OKW gets north spawn, it can put it near ammo/cut off and send forces to retake south cut off. While defending it, you want to be smart and send one or two squads to retake his and then Ooops! Retreat! :gimpy:

It is risky yes, but most of them time its not risky, its damn game breaking. CoH2 is about capping in 1v1 but how can you cap if this pudding is locking dawn area?

AT Gun? Sherman? It takes ages to kill it with them. You think OKW player will leave you alone? not a chance.

Satchel? So Im force to get T1 to destroy bulding. It's ok when tier unit is forcing me to do something to counter it but building?

120? Yes, its good but doctrinal. Why should I take doctrine to COUNTER BUILDING?!

In 4v4 it's not a big problem but in 1v1 it can be damn painful.

It shoud not get any combat abilities (maybe little AA) because capping and decapping is a key in CoH2. This truck breaks this rule.
25 Feb 2015, 12:30 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

it looks cool

this is probably the reason for most design decisisions in this game sadly rather than balance
25 Feb 2015, 12:56 PM

It can deal alone with Sherman or T34/76.

This one is epic hehe, exaggerate moar MAOR!!:snfMarcus:
25 Feb 2015, 13:02 PM

it shouldn't have any combat abilities, it should just be a fucking building lol. why dont' relic understand that being different just for the sake of being different creates redicious balance problems
25 Feb 2015, 13:03 PM

Yes, it is absolutely needed in 1VS1.

Otherwise it would be too easy to hatefuck the OKW player in the first 10 minutes.

It's OP and broken in multiplayer games though.
Donator 11

Nerf OKW AA truck health so allies can take it down.

Placing that truck too frontally should be risky and punishable

Why do Obers get the best LMG in the game for free?
Why does the Puma have an instant get-out-of-jail-free card at 0 Vet?
Why does the cheapest mainline infantry that also scales the best with Vet also have Schrecks?
Etc..

These design decisions were taken by Relic's design team at a time when they were probably under the influence of some nasty stuff.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS