Login

russian armor

Damn this balance

PAGES (15)down
26 Feb 2015, 18:26 PM

Most of the recent posts have been about 3v3 and 4v4. If you don't care then don't read the thread. Personally I don't care about anything you post because 5 digit axis heroes have no clue about balance

If you wish to talk balance you need at least a 100 games in 1vs 1 with each faction. otherwise you dont understand the balance . You dont even know the weaknesses and strength of the factions let alone be able to talk about balance.

When was the last balance patch between WFA launch and now? October. I think that's proof enough.

Maybe they do care about the game, but don't give a shit about balance?
Donator 11

When was the last balance patch between WFA launch and now? October. I think that's proof enough.

I don't think it is fair to single out individual persons and point the finger on them. It is some guy's career being possibly affected and there needs to be more evidence before hanging someone out to take the fall than missing patches.
26 Feb 2015, 18:32 PM
Benefactor 115

we (alpha group) stated the initial ammo increase for OKW to 100% from 66% would be a bad move and just result in more shrecked volks along with the initial kubel buff just completely stifling the early game, this was a few months before the change went live

A few weeks later he gets destroyed on stream by mass OKW courtesy of cruzz and von ivan and the next day we get a patch reverting those changes.
26 Feb 2015, 18:38 PM
Patrion 310

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2015, 18:26 PMJaigen

If you wish to talk balance you need at least a 100 games in 1vs 1 with each faction. otherwise you dont understand the balance . You dont even know the weaknesses and strength of the factions let alone be able to talk about balance.

Show your player card and you can talk about balance, until then you cant (based on your own rule).

Difference is whichever game mode I am playing a reasonably high level, but you are playing vs people who can barely get out of bed in the morning.
26 Feb 2015, 18:40 PM

That is 400 games per balance patch on 1v1s alone...that is not realistic.
26 Feb 2015, 18:50 PM

he can blow away your t34's and what not with Panthers.

Doesn't take a Panther to mulch any number of T-34s. It's just that between Tiger and fast tech to Panther, people have little reason to actually go T3 as Ostheer. And then they come to forums, whining about underpowered Ostheer T3 when its their Tiger call in that is too low risk and too high reward.
26 Feb 2015, 18:55 PM

1v1 and 2v2 to a lesser extent is the most balanced however 3v3/4v4 is bar the most popular mode and we shouldn't just alienate them entirely. We should seek easy meaningful ways to impect big team battle balance for the better without compromising core balance.

Like for instance introducing a simple resource scaling mechanic for big team battle to help with the resource inflation issue?
26 Feb 2015, 18:58 PM

Permanently Banned
we (alpha group) stated the initial ammo increase for OKW to 100% from 66% would be a bad move and just result in more shrecked volks along with the initial kubel buff just completely stifling the early game, this was a few months before the change went live

A few weeks later he gets destroyed on stream by mass OKW courtesy of cruzz and von ivan and the next day we get a patch reverting those changes.

I can agree, I hear the same things from a few others in the alpha on how relic doesn't give a shit or just makes the wrong changes.
26 Feb 2015, 19:04 PM

That is 400 games per balance patch on 1v1s alone...that is not realistic.

Thats because he is detached from reality.

@thread
The balance won't improve until OKW will get rebalanced, this faction needs a sledgehammer, not a surgeon cuts here. Relic acknowledged the fact that shrecked volks are source of imbalance and said they don't give a shit or to be more precise, won't do anything about it if I recall correctly.

Hell, SU-76 being useless waste of resources for 18 months now? Is the best proof that they don't give a shit about balancing the game. Each balance patch had completely irrational and unreasonable changes on top of few good ones. Kubel buff, partisans and irregulars nerf, decreasing costs of sov and ost AT guns, but not changing stats or cost of M-42 to compensate for bigger guns getting cheaper, increasing cost of PaK43, nerfing obers slightly and calling it a day to just name a few.

They are walking in the dark and have no idea how to balance the game.
26 Feb 2015, 19:07 PM

the patch was delayed because peter ran away, right?

that explains why it's been so long, it makes me a bit more tolerant of the wait...
26 Feb 2015, 19:21 PM
Patrion 14

He didn't ran away, he got offered a better job.
26 Feb 2015, 19:24 PM

He didn't ran away, he got offered a better job.

On top of that, you don't change job on the fly, he as well as Relic knew he will leave months in advance, so his leave have nothing to do with delaying balance patch.

Relic having no clue how to balance game, because they don't listen input of pro players might on the other hand.
26 Feb 2015, 19:30 PM
Donator 11

So he made a mistake then, how do you think developers like blizzard does their games? If you would see their early prototype builds of their game they are many times horrible and it is with trial and error they develop their games with internal testgroups to improve until they feel they are ready for the public. To be honest i find it pretty hilarous that Relic wants to work with the community to improve the game and then gets pointed out being incompetent by testers by name, and you guys wonder why relic don't hang out with you guys on streams much?
26 Feb 2015, 19:37 PM

I just hope the franchise does not die off due to fans leaving the game or this game transforms into single player only. The community should keep it alive no matter how shitty the balance is, I hope our patience will pay off one day.

I am coming from C&C games & AOE games and looked what happened. The new generation games just fell off because the developer was either bought off or they changed the formula of the game completely. I just hope COH2 is not heading into this direction.

Coh2 should keep the original formula of flanking, strategy and tactical play. If the COh2 franchise keeps this one sided mindless blobing and OP units than this is good as dead.
26 Feb 2015, 19:41 PM
Benefactor 115

I don't care if they hang out in streams or not. Their personal choice, what I do find disrespectful is to ask people to dedicate their free time to play test and give feedback only to just ignore the group consensus on multiple occasions.
26 Feb 2015, 19:47 PM

Permanently Banned
I dont want to sound like a fanboy.

But its depressing how few attempt to play allies in larger team games

I can see it heavily effecting 2v2's also

26 Feb 2015, 19:48 PM
Donator 11

I am sure they did not force anyone to be in a testgroup, it was free choice.
26 Feb 2015, 20:16 PM

That is just stupid. It is like saying someone can't discuss football unless they have played a season in a premier league. It also is like saying that if you have played a season you can speak to the subject even if you are a moron who only knows how to play.

People can learn from playing, from watching, and from different amounts of each. And others can spend thousands of hours doing it without actually understanding balance or game design.
26 Feb 2015, 20:41 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

You thought this thread might gather momentun, like the runaway train?...By Heavens!, it almost has! :o

But now, we go into slomo, please? :unsure:

Otherwise, no mode ;)
PAGES (15)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment