Login

russian armor

Relic Should Push More Patches

21 Feb 2015, 20:33 PM
Donator 11

While there has been plenty of discussion regarding "relic isnt communication" I belive Inverse has pointed out the major issue with Relic an us:

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Feb 2015, 01:02 AMInverse
I'd say it's less about lack of communication and more about lack of action. I mean, Valve doesn't say shit about anything they do, yet Dota 2 is the most popular game on Steam because it's constantly being updated with new and cool shit that the community wants. They patch ridiculously frequently, and pretty much every single patch has one or two changes that originated in community forums.

The truth is, 99% of people don't give a fuck about balance. A new player isn't going to put down the game because it isn't balanced, they're going to put down the game because it's not fun or it's not worth their time relative to other games out there.

I personally think it makes sense from a developer perspective to limit communication with the community, since it rarely helps matters and history has shown that actions speak far louder than words. But when you're both saying nothing and doing nothing, then there's a major problem.

A few interesting reads, a post by a prominent SC2 personality about that game's decline and a very well-written comment relating that post to Dota 2's success:

http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/11m21k/starcraft_2_will_be_dead_before_legacy_of_the/
http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/2wh97q/valves_statement_on_ti4_booth_audio/corb5h8

Relic should push for more frequent updates rather than everyone complaining that relic doesn't tell us whats going on. The more frequent the patches I feel the fast the balance can change and get fixed. Large issues such as the OKW truck pushing took months to fix as well as other issues such as the katusha being OP. Letting the game sit for this long is unacceptable from any standpoint and while I love Relic and its products to death but this is upsetting. Its been 6 months since a sizable balance patch was implemented (1/2 a year)
21 Feb 2015, 20:46 PM
Benefactor 115

their QA department is far too busy to test that many patches due to the rigorous testing methods they use.
21 Feb 2015, 20:57 PM

their QA department is far too busy to test that many patches due to the rigorous testing methods they use.

If you spent less time making bitter, snide remarks and more time bucking up your ideas and acting a little more professional, then perhaps Relic would welcome you back into the fold. Some of us remember the way you and Milka acted in the Alpha, and are still disgusted to this day. Frankly, I am amazed the pair of you weren't server banned.

No one likes a Negative Nancy. Get with the programme, Liam. The Relic family awaits with open arms, but do you have the basic humility to let bygones be bygones, get off your high horse, climb down your ivory tower and actually become productive again?

No, I thought not.
21 Feb 2015, 21:00 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

James...easy please...we all have bad hair days...;)
21 Feb 2015, 21:06 PM

Relic hasn't done it in the past not going to do it now. Better bury it.
21 Feb 2015, 21:10 PM
Benefactor 115

If you spent less time making bitter, snide remarks and more time bucking up your ideas and acting a little more professional, then perhaps Relic would welcome you back into the fold. Some of us remember the way you and Milka acted in the Alpha, and are still disgusted to this day. Frankly, I am amazed the pair of you weren't server banned.

No one likes a Negative Nancy. Get with the programme, Liam. The Relic family awaits with open arms, but do you have the basic humility to let bygones be bygones, get off your high horse, climb down your ivory tower and actually become productive again?

No, I thought not.

I'm not going to go in detail about this issue but let's just say it didn't have a good effect on my mental health. Being away from that company and their products has helped me out massively. Do I miss working with people in the community? I certainly do but working on Relic products is an exercise in frustration and it was just so stressful. Them sticking the knife in was what completely killed off all the passion I had for their games.

So they can go fuck themselves for all I care.
21 Feb 2015, 21:13 PM

James...easy please...we all have bad hair days...;)

I'm glad to see you still don't get it. Keep it up, guyz!!11!!!!!11!!!!!1!!1
21 Feb 2015, 21:17 PM

No, I thought not.

Wow. From you...
Too bad you can't just delete any posts you dislike, just like you use to do.
I would like to know who gave you moderating rights in the first place.
Marcus please?
21 Feb 2015, 21:19 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

I'm not going to go in detail about this issue but let's just say it didn't have a good effect on my mental health. Being away from that company and their products has helped me out massively. Do I miss working with people in the community? I certainly do but working on Relic products is an exercise in frustration and it was just so stressful. Them sticking the knife in was what completely killed off all the passion I had for their games.

So they can go fuck themselves for all I care.

You are such a gentle person...reading this (again) makes me sad... and the absence of Milka ... nvm. we are where we are...

21 Feb 2015, 21:22 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Wow. From you...
Too bad you can't just delete any posts you dislike, just like you use to do.
I would like to know who gave you moderating rights in the first place.
Marcus please?

Sadly, after several months, I am reasonably convinced that you could be even worse... stop it please
21 Feb 2015, 21:23 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

I'm glad to see you still don't get it. Keep it up, guyz!!11!!!!!11!!!!!1!!1

Get what? PM me
21 Feb 2015, 21:39 PM

Permanently Banned
Lol moderators. Why even keep a thread like this open. You dissected it and I missed everything. :/ pls lock
21 Feb 2015, 21:42 PM

Sadly, after several months, I am reasonably convinced that you could be even worse... stop it please

Ok sure Bloodnock...
21 Feb 2015, 21:42 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Lol moderators. Why even keep a thread like this open. You dissected it and I missed everything. :/ pls lock

We will lock, if and when we decide to lock - but thanks for your comment, Sneaky :) - I can keep this one as a guard against your future crits on locking, which based on your past performance, will not be lacking :D
21 Feb 2015, 21:44 PM

We will lock, if and when we decide to lock - but thanks for your comment, Sneaky :) - I can keep this one as a guard against your future crits on locking, which based on your past performance, will not be lacking :D

Can I get clarification where why my post was defamation and Hale's was not please?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★