Login

russian armor

Abandoned vehicle mechanic idea

20 Feb 2015, 10:45 AM
Patrion 15

Just a quick idea about vehicles being abandoned on death. I like the idea behind it, but it is very RNG dependant and is never something you can play tactically to take advantage of. More often than not it ends up causing you more grief as a tank that should have died gets recrewed and limps away.

I'd like a way to reliably control when I can make an enemy vehicle get abandoned that has a historical flavour. How about vehicles only, but always, get abandoned when they have the engine destroyed crit on them when they reach 0hp. Not damaged - destroyed.

This would mean that you could engineer situations when you can take a take a tank off the enemy using combined arms -using TDs/tanks to damage whilst inf swarm in for the immobilise. Or if you catch an unsupported tank with a good mine in your own territory.

I feel this would reward good play and make unsupported tank pushes (looking at you tiger ace) much more risky. What do you think?
20 Feb 2015, 11:01 AM
Patrion 14

While I think your idea would be an improvement, I'd rather see the abandon and engine destroyed crit be removed from automatch altogether. I'd like to see it as an option for custom matches so those who like it can still play it, but those who want to play competitively aren't frustrated by something that has so much impact on a game, yet can't be controlled by a player at all.
20 Feb 2015, 12:28 PM

I disagee about removing it, it just reinforces supporting your armour and not over extending it, being prepared to take it back or destroy it.

Coh1 vehicles had too much of a reign of terror, esspecially as they often came out without a counter yet on the field.

It may tip a match, but it adds a lot of tactics in stimulating extra unexpected engagements.

RNG is here to stay and I like it.
21 Feb 2015, 07:01 AM

RNG is here to stay and I like it.

This. Although RNG need some changes and tweaks, it's what separates CoH from other games.
I think your idea is good. Abandoning only if it has engine destroyed and reaches 0 HP kinda makes sense.
21 Feb 2015, 07:15 AM

they just need to make it so theres something the player (on each team) can do to encourage or discourage the random event.

For instance if abandons happened when you attack damaged vehicles below a certain HP level with small arms fire- that would be cool.
21 Feb 2015, 07:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Feb 2015, 11:01 AMCptEend
While I think your idea would be an improvement, I'd rather see the abandon and engine destroyed crit be removed from automatch altogether. I'd like to see it as an option for custom matches so those who like it can still play it, but those who want to play competitively aren't frustrated by something that has so much impact on a game, yet can't be controlled by a player at all.

engine destroyed isnt random like abondons are. Engine destroyed has a higher chance to happen from certain weapons such as the m20 mine.
21 Feb 2015, 08:27 AM

Certain things in coh happen randomly, but its how dynamic the player is in reacting to these things, rather than just bemoaning bad rng. You must always stay flexible and react to changing circumstances as they happen.
21 Feb 2015, 09:35 AM
Patrion 14

engine destroyed isnt random like abondons are. Engine destroyed has a higher chance to happen from certain weapons such as the m20 mine.

Yeah, but afaik it also has a 5% chance on a panzerfaust (how is that not random?). I played a game not long ago where both my t34-85s got engine destroyed from a panzerfaust within 10 seconds. That's the kind of RNG BS I want removed from this game. If it was just engine damaged I'd be totally fine, but now I lost the game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★