Login

russian armor

Ostheer's Pzkpfw IV changed?

19 Feb 2015, 00:34 AM

Is it only me or I see some slight changes in PZ IV design? Muzzle brake seems to be different, there are some different accessories on tank's sides. Also, firing sound seems to have changed - it looks like ostheer's pzIV got changed from ausf.h to ausf.j version.
If this is common knowledge and somehow I missed that, please delete this thread.

OLD
NEW
19 Feb 2015, 00:38 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

yes it has been changed to the OKW p4/
The ostheer panther has been changed to the OKW model as well
19 Feb 2015, 01:21 AM

I suspect this is all done in the vain attempt to make the game run smoother and load faster by taking two models out of the equation...Oh Relic, if only it was that easy...
19 Feb 2015, 01:47 AM

Slowpoke detected
19 Feb 2015, 01:49 AM

Is it only me or I see some slight changes in PZ IV design? Muzzle brake seems to be different, there are some different accessories on tank's sides. Also, firing sound seems to have changed - it looks like ostheer's pzIV got changed from ausf.h to ausf.j version.

Yeah, they did change it with the most recent bug-fix patch. The old model somewhat resembled a Model G, while the new one resembles a Model H. There's more to it than that, but I'd be nitpicking.

yes it has been changed to the OKW p4/
The ostheer panther has been changed to the OKW model as well

But the OKW Panther uses the Ostheer model ;)

Although I think I know what you mean though. On-map recks somehow got changed to use OKW Panther's dunkelgelb. Panthers destroyed in battle are still charred black.

I suspect this is all done in the vain attempt to make the game run smoother and load faster by taking two models out of the equation...Oh Relic, if only it was that easy...

I suspect this change was in the works during WFA's development. First off, the old Panzer IV was a port from CoH1's Panzer IV Model J. Secondly, it makes no sense from a financial or design standpoint to put resources toward making a new model for a relatively weak unit in an obscure doctrine.

Comparison shots:

19 Feb 2015, 02:28 AM

sadly the OKW panther isn't the ausf G where it should be
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment