Login

russian armor

Community Patch to Relic

21 Feb 2015, 02:38 AM
Benefactor 115

DoW3 is going to come out before that, and the minute it does this game will be officially dead. CoH2 can't make anywhere near the amount of money DoW3 would make in the first weak of sales alone.

IF that does happen then it's just another reason on the list why you shouldn't trust them.
21 Feb 2015, 04:10 AM
Donator 11

spooky feelings again

no patch, no communication, other titles more important

someone tell me this isn't how it died the first time?

(I consider VCOH dead, I know ppl play it but it's dead)

Sad to see COH2 only look like it made it a year

(AA was a big stake in it heart for the future, huge mistake to go sp in this age- AA did so well they never released sales numbers)

21 Feb 2015, 07:29 AM

Yeah, no. CoH2 is not dead, Relic is not going out of business either. The sky is not falling and the King Tiger still reigns supreme. Next...
21 Feb 2015, 07:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Feb 2015, 07:29 AMNapalm
Yeah, no. CoH2 is not dead, Relic is not going out of business either. The sky is not falling and the King Tiger still reigns supreme. Next...

I think the key word you missed is, yet
21 Feb 2015, 07:39 AM

Conspiracy theory time!

Is Relic just as frustrated by the NDA and the non-existent marketing as we are and the appearance of Brits in the game files is their subtle way of telling us what there is to be excited about?
21 Feb 2015, 08:27 AM

Conspiracy theory time!

Is Relic just as frustrated by the NDA and the non-existent marketing as we are and the appearance of Brits in the game files is their subtle way of telling us what there is to be excited about?

Devs putting stuff into the game accidentally or with out thinking about it is very common, Relic really isn't smart enough to pull a Valve type hinting quest. They probably put the files in, planned to announce it later, then people found out and they just said "well good job finding it" because why not :snfPeter:
21 Feb 2015, 09:22 AM

DoW3 is going to come out before that, and the minute it does this game will be officially dead. CoH2 can't make anywhere near the amount of money DoW3 would make in the first week of sales alone.

DOW3 can be crappy as Coh2 was at its release, you never know. Homeworld2 remasterised should be release soon (or it is now?), here can be a good challenger :p
21 Feb 2015, 12:40 PM

Conspiracy theory time!

Many of the developers I've spoken to are, yes, but it's not something they can do much about. Their job is to design content for the game, not to change internal office politics or argue about brand management. A sad fact of life, I'm afraid. Do not expect change in those areas. We've had two years of this now.

As for the lines about the Brits, I'd just put it down to an accidental leak. I don't think there's anything to be read into it. Conspiracy is rarely a fruitful line of enquiry.
21 Feb 2015, 18:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Feb 2015, 09:22 AMEsxile

DOW3 can be crappy as Coh2 was at its release, you never know. Homeworld2 remasterised should be release soon (or it is now?), here can be a good challenger :p

WH40k has so much brand recognition that it could be total garbage but sell a million more units than COH2 easily. DoW is were CoH originally came from after all, COH2's engine is basically just the rough form for what they were going to use for DoW3, and then THQ died. RIP.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 30
unknown 5

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment