Login

russian armor

Relic PLS stop the BLOBS

17 Feb 2015, 23:47 PM

I have played several games alongside with my teammates. We are (we were) good coh players. We have (had) a good percentage of winning in 2v2 3v3 games. But after the last patch we got beaten by noobs (lvl 20-30-40). They just blobbed and spammed us like shhitt... We've manage to win some games..How? By blobbing back.... It's boring.. This is not strategy my friends... Relic and Sega must find a way to improve the game. Thx.
18 Feb 2015, 00:00 AM

The solution to blobbing is very simple. Relic should institute a modifier on infantry of 3 squads or more moving in unison outside of cover.

This modifier or aura would result in nerfs (accuracy, suppression, damage, etc). This would immediately punish blobbers and increase the effectiveness of all support weaponry while not making them OP when they are used against single squads.

This would also be realistic as moving all bunched up would make you more susceptible to both enemy and friendly fire. To me it's clear as day and don't understand the flak people get when this has been suggested in one form of another.
18 Feb 2015, 00:05 AM

Yes. This is one good solution alongside with better arty and better mg's ... I know that things were told, but i really like this game, but not in the present form.
18 Feb 2015, 00:07 AM

build your own blob to counter, the answer is simple

:O
Neo
18 Feb 2015, 00:09 AM

The solution to blobbing is very simple. Relic should institute a modifier on infantry of 3 squads or more moving in unison outside of cover.

This is the best solution to the issue of blobbing.

The unintended consequence of this solution though is that it will further reveal terrible faction design with WFA, making OKW and USF much weaker than the original two factions, so while blobbing should definitely be addressed, there's also the issue of making OKW/USF actually playable without blobbing which currently they are not.
18 Feb 2015, 00:11 AM

Yes. I was saying that i've done that...i even won...But Is BOOOORRRRINGGG....this is not strategy...blob vs blob is just sick...
18 Feb 2015, 00:21 AM

another blob thread. yeeey
18 Feb 2015, 00:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Feb 2015, 00:09 AMNeo

This is the best solution to the issue of blobbing.

The unintended consequence of this solution though is that it will further reveal terrible faction design with WFA, making OKW and USF much weaker than the original two factions, so while blobbing should definitely be addressed, there's also the issue of making OKW/USF actually playable without blobbing which currently they are not.

I believe you are right. The WFA factions have flawed design. They need to be given more attention to make them more dynamic and enjoyable to play with/against. That would take frequent patching and adjustments over a long period to get right. Doesn't seem like they are giving the game that much attention anymore.
18 Feb 2015, 00:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Feb 2015, 00:21 AMSchewi
another blob thread. yeeey

This means that BLOBBING is a big problem for COH 2 right now. Don't you think?
18 Feb 2015, 00:35 AM

This modifier or aura would result in nerfs (accuracy, suppression, damage, etc). This would immediately punish blobbers and increase the effectiveness of all support weaponry while not making them OP when they are used against single squads.

Welcome to Seimosky pocket.

I hope you enjoy all your units in permanent debuff because you're Russia and there isn't physically enough space to not have them close to each other.
18 Feb 2015, 00:40 AM

This means that BLOBBING is a big problem for COH 2 right now. Don't you think?

Yes. There are several threads about this. This discussion is going on since a while and everybody is aware of it.
18 Feb 2015, 00:41 AM

+1
It seems logical that a large group of infantry moving together will take more damage and surely is not hard to implement.

build your own blob to counter, the answer is simple

This is true, but not the solution many are wanting.

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Feb 2015, 00:09 AMNeo

Schreck blobs definitely, all the rest may be less effective but isn't that the point, to remove the unstoppable terminator blobs.
18 Feb 2015, 00:49 AM

The root cause of the current blobbing meta is nerfing the stank out of mgs and effective early vehicles and then cutting the balls off all arty. The main reason for not blobbing was because your whole force could be destroyed/pinned easily, but now they can move almost with impunity.
18 Feb 2015, 00:59 AM

I love how Allies have the best blob counters in the game and people still whine about Volks/Obers blobs.

Meanwhile OKW has 1 indirect fire unit worth a damn you have to be deaf blind to get hit by and Ostheer has no regular artillery bigger than a mortar worth a damn and you need to literally stick the Panzerwerfer up your opponents ass in order to hit anything.

Here is a unit that has to be right in front of the enemy to hit anything, and is so fragile it dies in 1 hit from anything bigger than a rifle. Oh and we put it in the most expensive tier in the game.

T-t-thanks Relic :foreveralone:
18 Feb 2015, 01:19 AM

Welcome to Seimosky pocket.

I hope you enjoy all your units in permanent debuff because you're Russia and there isn't physically enough space to not have them close to each other.

As russia, you don't blob on this map. The most effective method is attacking from numerous angles using urrah and throwing molitovs. Very hard to stop 6 or more squads. Russian strength is spam not so much blobbing.

In 1v1, I rarely ever encounter Russian blobs, ie 4 or 5 squads being A-moved around map in a blob. Large blobs seem to be OKW feature, then USF, OSt and Sov usually no more than 2 or 3.

Blobbing on this map is a problem when WF armies have forward retreat point. I have played opponents that simply retreat blob the moment they are pinned or out gunned only to return using another angle 5 - 8 seconds later. Very easy to catch opponent out of position using this strategy and get a squad wipe..
18 Feb 2015, 01:27 AM

I love how Allies have the best blob counters in the game and people still whine about Volks/Obers blobs.
T-t-thanks Relic :foreveralone:

The issue is not so much that allies have effective counters but the fact that that the game has devolved into this type of gamestyle. Cheese abilities often out-preform positioning, teching, strategy.

I mean using demos or tanks to squash a blob is effective but its cheap. Feels like kicking your opponent in the groin.

The game is intense and visually appealing but boring and unrewarding.
18 Feb 2015, 01:28 AM

Permanently Banned
[/size]

explain
18 Feb 2015, 01:50 AM

Get with the times. Blob is love. Blob is life. Blob sells RTS games.

18 Feb 2015, 01:57 AM

That's not a blob 'mate, THIS is a blob:

Neo
18 Feb 2015, 02:01 AM

Who said anything about Allies? Rifle blobs are just as bad as Volks/Obers. The reason you have Volks/Obers blobs is that there's not really much else you can build as OKW
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★