Login

russian armor

Buff tank traps - Soviet community commander

17 Feb 2015, 14:34 PM

I think tank traps should be feasible gameplay element. I built some with the community commander. It takes ages to build. It takes two shots from a PIV to destroy and then roll past.

Seriously?
17 Feb 2015, 14:51 PM
Donator 11

They should take 3 shots to kill. It is only fair, they take a long time to build and are doctrinal.
17 Feb 2015, 14:54 PM

I'm thinking six, seven. Should call for a bulldozer upgrade like allies in coh1 and it would make the US Sherman today feel even more useful and not just barricade gimmicky/optional. Even though this happens to be allied tank traps, not sure how durable OKW tank traps are, I assume identical stats. Or Heavy demolitions. Or something. Two shots wtf, it barely has to stop in its tracks.
17 Feb 2015, 14:59 PM

Just make traps faster to build. It is enough
17 Feb 2015, 15:07 PM

I miss being able to crush them with my King Tiger.
17 Feb 2015, 15:10 PM

I miss being able to crush them with my King Tiger.

Yes, and that's kinda rewarding and fair enough. Why not simply just cut n paste tank traps from coh1 to coh2?
17 Feb 2015, 15:27 PM

Sandbags, wire and tank traps where available to engs/pios in vCoH as core defensive structures.

In CoH2, relic developers decided to scrap tanks traps as core defensive structures because AI was not able to deal with them.

I guess that was a very poor decision from them.
17 Feb 2015, 23:17 PM
Donator 11

I think tank traps should be feasible gameplay element. I built some with the community commander. It takes ages to build. It takes two shots from a PIV to destroy and then roll past.

Seriously?

That commander. Cheap AP mines triggered by armor. Tank traps stop nothing. Wtf relic? Nothing works!
17 Feb 2015, 23:31 PM

I'm fine with tanks being able to destroy tank traps eventually since in VCoH tank traps really slowed down the pace of the game. There just needs to be a balance between the speed the tank traps are built at and how quickly they can be destroyed. That way the traps are more about delaying and disrupting enemy tank movement rather than blocking off large portions of the map for the long term.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Netherlands 1
Germany 3
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak