Login

russian armor

Ostheer - MG42

PAGES (29)down
18 Mar 2015, 18:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Mar 2015, 17:54 PMBurts

If you lose rifles, you lose the game. 4 rifles and 3 paratroopers is waaaaay too crazy.

You can afford to lose a rifle squad or two and still win if you are replacing them and keep map presence, and 4 rifle squads over the ENTIRE GAME isn't at all rare and 2-3 Para's is piss easy to get if you don't waste your MP.

It all depends on what and when, Para's to replace losses over the course of the game makes sense, you might not make 3 when you first unlock them but ending the game with 2-3 Para's isn't hard at all unless you let them get squad wiped.

1919 Para's rip apart enemy infantry, you won't be seeing much losses.

You don't let them do anything because you have never played a 1v1 with any faction. You're just making up these wishful thinking but-I-watch-stream sscenarios, when again you just talk out your ass.
Squad wipes happen? I thought USF was invincible and rolled over ostheer with impunity and devastation thanks to unlimited manpower and lack of weakness?

Stop exaggerating, nobody said USF was an instant win versus Ost, merely that it was easier to beat Ost as USF.

I don't play 1v1, but pretty much everyone agrees that USF are better in 1v1 with out my input on the matter so I don't see the point you are trying to make here.

Do you ever watch Romeo/Hans/Sib? They both use Para's quite a lot, I have a feeling your just pissed because your favorite faction is USF.
18 Mar 2015, 18:12 PM

Alex, I don't mean to be a jerk, but the other guys are right here, you are a out of your depth here.
Losing a Rifle squad in a 1 is as problematic to US as an early Gren loss is to OH, it will haunt you all game and may very well prove decisive unless you manage to trade. Even in the lategame, in contrast to ie. 4s, you absolutely cannot afford to lose your core infantry squads, as they will usually win you the game.
3 Rifles 2 Paras is doable, as is 2 Rifles, 2 REs into Paras or variations thereof, but anything more will impose an intolerable supply/mp bleed upon you.

I will only ever get 4 rifles simultaneously with a Cpt tech and Inf company, and I've never seen any more in competitive games.
18 Mar 2015, 18:13 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Austerkitz and plenty of others were saying just that, and you were agreeing with them.

Every USF player uses paras, no goos USF player spams them,blobs them, AND blobs and spams rifles with smoke because it's upkeep suicide.

Yes paras replace rifles as the game goes on..But it's impossible to "spam" paras without delaying your tech considerably.

No good USF Player SPAMS PARAS with smoke and AA halfteacks and all the other garbage austerlitz was spewing and wins unless we're talking noob on noob matchup, or pure luck.

Which YOU were agreeing with.

18 Mar 2015, 18:29 PM

Permanently Banned

Hm? You can actually do that pretty easily, this is nothing out of the ordinary.

No way a usf player could field that much infantry...

Combine that with the fact that major and ambulance take up popcap and add addition bleed

an early Ostwind would rek that usf player

Plus the bleed would be too high to get shermans
18 Mar 2015, 18:32 PM

No way a usf player could field that much infantry...

Combine that with the fact that major and ambulance take up popcap and add addition bleed

an early Ostwind would rek that usf player

Plus the bleed would be too high to get shermans

3 Rifles 2 Paras plus RE, I do that pretty often. One thing you can actually do to alleviate supply pressure is crew an airdropped AT gun with your LT, gives you an additional BAR too. It is virtually impossible to get any OH T3 unit out before the Sherman, including a StuG, unless you maybe Skip t2 - and we all know you cant do that.
18 Mar 2015, 18:33 PM

Permanently Banned

You can afford to lose a rifle squad or two and still win

TOP FUCKING LEL
18 Mar 2015, 18:34 PM

Permanently Banned

3 Rifles 2 Paras plus RE, I do that pretty often. One thing you can actually do to alleviate supply pressure is crew an airdropped AT gun with your LT, gives you an additional BAR too.

Thats alot more reasonable than

wat aust said.

4 rifles + 3 paras plus mandatory RE
18 Mar 2015, 18:52 PM

TOP FUCKING LEL

losing 1 rifle squad isn't the end of the game, and If I said losing one gren squad was the end of the game for Ostheer you would rip my head off.

Austerkitz and plenty of others were saying just that, and you were agreeing with them.

Every USF player uses paras, no goos USF player spams them,blobs them, AND blobs and spams rifles with smoke because it's upkeep suicide.

Yes paras replace rifles as the game goes on..But it's impossible to "spam" paras without delaying your tech considerably.

No good USF Player SPAMS PARAS with smoke and AA halfteacks and all the other garbage austerlitz was spewing and wins unless we're talking noob on noob matchup, or pure luck.

Which YOU were agreeing with.

The USF blob factor is just the same as OKW, all they have MP wise to spend is just infantry, no support weapons.

I agreed with them that USF encourages blobing, but the statement that you can get 4 Rifles into 3 Para's is obviously idiotic, but the statement that you can get 2-3 Paras over the course of an entire game isn't.

I think we are agreeing, but your so pissed at me you don't want to admit it.
18 Mar 2015, 19:06 PM

Permanently Banned

losing 1 rifle squad isn't the end of the game, and If I said losing one gren squad was the end of the game for Ostheer you would rip my head off.

DONT bulshit.

U said 2-3 paras plus 4 rifles happens often

Im here to clean ur bullshit up. U are lying

Post a replay where you where able to bet 4 rifles with 3 paras out and still win without beeding

U cant

Because you are a liar
18 Mar 2015, 19:07 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

The USF blob factor is just the same as OKW, all they have MP wise to spend is just infantry, no support weapons.

I agreed with them that USF encourages blobing, but the statement that you can get 4 Rifles into 3 Para's is obviously idiotic, but the statement that you can get 2-3 Paras over the course of an entire game isn't.

I think we are agreeing, but your so pissed at me you don't want to admit it.

If your goal was to succeed in trolling me you did. This thread for me is becoming extremely similar to the Vietnam war for me, and after this post I'm pulling out the troops.

NO SUPPORT WEAPONS. So in a 1v1, you do a airborne company build, and you come across a lull where the ost player pushes you back and manages to tech T3, and a p4 is imminent.
You've spent most of your mp on AI, and since you don't believe in American support weapons, since theye like OKW and have shrieks and obers to fill this void.

You have nothing but at rife nades to stop this p4, since no MP for 57mm, and buying enough zooks means no m1919s.

P4 comes. You lose.
18 Mar 2015, 19:20 PM

DONT bulshit.

U said 2-3 paras plus 4 rifles happens often

Im here to clean ur bullshit up. U are lying

Post a replay where you where able to bet 4 rifles with 3 paras out and still win without beeding

U cant

Because you are a liar

I said it's not that rare to be able to get 4 rifles and some para's not that it happened every game.

not rare =/= happens often.

NO SUPPORT WEAPONS. So in a 1v1, you do a airborne company build, and you come across a lull where the ost player pushes you back and manages to tech T3, and a p4 is imminent.
You've spent most of your mp on AI, and since you don't believe in American support weapons, since theye like OKW and have shrieks and obers to fill this void.

You have nothing but at rife nades to stop this p4, since no MP for 57mm, and buying enough zooks means no m1919s.

P4 comes. You lose.

The "no support" weapons has to do with USF not having a mortar and the 75 howitzer being a fairly wishy washy unit when it comes to performance. As well as the fact you have no basic infantry other than the Riflemen to start. There is no equivalent to the sniper for USF, nor is there anything similar to the mobile rocket trucks or emplacement artillery.

USF has AT guns, yes, and you can use them yes. I don't see what you are trying to say here?
18 Mar 2015, 19:24 PM

Permanently Banned

I said it's not that rare to be able to get 4 rifles and some para's not that it happened every game.

not rare =/= happens often.

Doesnt matter

Based on the fact that u keep making increasingly ignorant comment proves you havent touched 1v1's

Mods, plz lock this thread
18 Mar 2015, 19:26 PM

Doesnt matter

Based on the fact that u keep making increasingly ignorant comment proves you havent touched 1v1's

Mods, plz lock this thread

I have self admittedly never touched ones good thing this thread isn't only about those.
18 Mar 2015, 19:39 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

4 Rifles + 3 Paras is a stupid statement. Simple.

Alex, I don't mean to be a jerk, but the other guys are right here, you are a out of your depth here.
Losing a Rifle squad in a 1 is as problematic to US as an early Gren loss is to OH, it will haunt you all game and may very well prove decisive unless you manage to trade. Even in the lategame, in contrast to ie. 4s, you absolutely cannot afford to lose your core infantry squads, as they will usually win you the game.
3 Rifles 2 Paras is doable, as is 2 Rifles, 2 REs into Paras or variations thereof, but anything more will impose an intolerable supply/mp bleed upon you.

I will only ever get 4 rifles simultaneously with a Cpt tech and Inf company, and I've never seen any more in competitive games.

Can we go back into MG42 ?
18 Mar 2015, 19:43 PM

Permanently Banned

I have self admittedly never touched ones good thing this thread isn't only about those.

Then why the FUCK!

Are u pretending that a 4 rifle and 3 para strat is normall?
18 Mar 2015, 19:44 PM

Then why the FUCK!

Are u pretending that a 4 rifle and 3 para strat is normall?

I'm not, jesus christ queen stop.

18 Mar 2015, 19:48 PM
Patrion 14

*Ignores last 4 pages of comments*

The MG42 is actually not in as bad of a spot as I used to think. I have been messing around with a 2 gren -> mg opening with jaeger infantry doc, and I find that the MG42 is amazing with ambush camo.

With 2 MGs that are camoed, you can have them support each other, so enemy flanks just don't happen on most maps. On top of this, with ambush camo and hold fire, the enemy won't know where your mgs are until he commits his troops into an offense.

2 MG42s require quite a bit more micro than gren blobbing, but I find that it gives you much greater rewards, and allows you to easily hold a section of the map. If you use the mgs well, you may even have vet 1 by the time the m20/AAHT arrives, and you can counter it with incendiary rounds, quite easily.
18 Mar 2015, 20:10 PM

*Ignores last 4 pages of comments*

The MG42 is actually not in as bad of a spot as I used to think. I have been messing around with a 2 gren -> mg opening with jaeger infantry doc, and I find that the MG42 is amazing with ambush camo.

With 2 MGs that are camoed, you can have them support each other, so enemy flanks just don't happen on most maps. On top of this, with ambush camo and hold fire, the enemy won't know where your mgs are until he commits his troops into an offense.

2 MG42s require quite a bit more micro than gren blobbing, but I find that it gives you much greater rewards, and allows you to easily hold a section of the map. If you use the mgs well, you may even have vet 1 by the time the m20/AAHT arrives, and you can counter it with incendiary rounds, quite easily.

Hm? Ambush camo on 42s is bugged. I've seen it a few times in this patch, unless it got very recently ninjaed. You can see the unit, you can't shoot at it though. IIRC a guy called Arthurkrupp uses them alot, he is a solid OH player. Still, ambush camo is in nonviable doctrines. No amount of ambush camo is gonna protect you from an IS-2...
18 Mar 2015, 20:13 PM

4 Rifles + 3 Paras is a stupid statement. Simple.

I think that ship sailed a long time ago. Most people who actually play 1s will agree its underwhelming, the Allied team game players think its fine. And they are probably both right.
18 Mar 2015, 20:26 PM
Donator 33

Hm? Ambush camo on 42s is bugged. I've seen it a few times in this patch, unless it got very recently ninjaed. You can see the unit, you can't shoot at it though. IIRC a guy called Arthurkrupp uses them alot, he is a solid OH player. Still, ambush camo is in nonviable doctrines. No amount of ambush camo is gonna protect you from an IS-2...

Ambush camo also gives that 20-30% damage bonus for about 5 seconds when you start firing, and IS-2 doesnt show up until on Late game period, so your MG 42´s would be relatively safe until then, and Armor piercing ammo for MG 42 is the best thing for MG´s in this game

i suggest everyone to spam incendiary ammo, since it kills infantry and vehicles, and its cheap for its damage potential
PAGES (29)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS