Login

russian armor

Ostheer - MG42

PAGES (29)down
16 Mar 2015, 21:12 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

So now ur agreeing to basically all i said one by one...suddenly so many ost units need buff.I'm so glad we could agree on something finally.
Now answer ur statement..what does ost have best of?Ur statement .

Ostheer has the best T1 in the game.

Pios are good,second only to sturms.
Grens are good and scale well,plenty of utility.
MG42 is good,and will be awesome once again once blobs are nerfed
Mortar is best mortar in the game,put two of them together and they're every bit as good as a 120mm except range.
Sniper is questionable,I agree with you

PROBLEM THOUGH,is if you play too heavy Tier 1 then you're raped by AA HT or well played M20. so fix tech costs. dont buff anything here or you make ostheer OP. you see?

Pak is best AT gun in the game
Halftrack is early arriving and good against USF light vehicle play becasue it allows you to continue fighting and consolidate your forces instead of retreating and giving up map. If he goes LT he cant destroy a supported HT without suiciding his M20,which is a huge blow and a free zooka for you. a well played halftrack will ultimately win the game because the USF player cant force you off.

Pgrens have the best infantry AT alpha strike in the game,240 damage is almost half the health of a sherman.,and to compensate they are weak and will explode in one hit alot. Balanced. Or we have the old Pgren blob days that you conviently forget.

Pgrens are good against conscripts and unupgraded rifles.

221/222 I agreed is awful in comparison to m20 and M3.

T3 as a whole is full of very decent units overshadowed by call in meta and Jackson is a bit over the top WHICH I HAVE SAID,NEEDS less damage but more pen. I agree with you on this

T4 Is good if you can get there, but why do that when you have a tiger for way cheaper. Call in meta. Game Mechanic issue.

Otherwise,again,ostheer is solid...you cant debate that. Seriously just get a grip and work through it till the patch comes.

***I gave you your answer personally,and of course other people beat me to it multiple times because you're horribly wrong about ostheer.

Theyre in a good spot minus tech costs(including soviet call in spam) and blobbers. I dont know what else to tell you.
16 Mar 2015, 21:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Mar 2015, 21:05 PMVuther

No they ain't, they have the exact same reinforcement cost as Grens and I'm pretty sure they have a better received accuracy modifier.

They have exactly the same received accuracy modifier, dps, but they cost more per model. They are just standard infantry with more variable upgrades (expensive ones at that).

When is this dumb meme going to die? It has 10 more pen, which gives it a whopping 4% better chance to penetrate on all targets than the ZiS gun.

Jesus Christ, they are incredibly fragile, they cost more than engineers and only do more DPS at point blank range. They can't lay demos either, and the flame thrower they have only does .2 more DPS than the combat engineer flamer.

And they lose to riflemen at every point in the game if the USF player upgrades his rifles with BARS/1919's.

MG42's don't just die to blobs, they die single units sniping gunners and being able to nade while suppressed by just crawling up to the MG.

Mortar is best mortar in the game,put two of them together and they're every bit as good as a 120mm except range.

Literally the only thing it has over the Soviet mortar is better ROF, they do the same damage while the Soviet one has better accuracy and range + a better veteran ability. The 120mm is peerless as a support weapon for it's ability to 1 shot squads and destroy enemy support weapons and defensive emplacements.

It isn't questionable, it's downright disgusting how much it costs for how retardly fragile it is.

destroy a supported HT

Does the AA HT suddenly not exist anymore? Or get 2 Zook's and you can drive it off easily, the bloody thing takes damage from the .50 cal.

Pgrens have the best infantry AT alpha strike in the game,240 damage is almost half the damage of a sherman.,and to compensate they are weak and will explode in one hit alot. Balanced. Or we have the old Pgren blob days that you conviently forget.

320 MP and 120 munitions to get 1 shot with no warning is broken as hell. Why is it balanced at all that I can invest an insane amount of MP and muni in a muni/MP starved faction and get 0 return for my investment thanks to Pgrens being stupid fragile VS everything.

T4 Is good if you can get there, but why do that when you have a tiger for way cheaper. Call in meta. Game Mechanic issue.

The Panzerwerfer and Bumbarr disagree with you.

T3 as a whole is full of very decent units overshadowed by call in meta and Jackson is a bit over the top WHICH I HAVE SAID,NEEDS less damage but more pen. I agree with you on this

The Ostwind is a AA vehicle with no suppression and the StuG is incredibly fragile and preforms like garbage compared to actual dedicated AT units.

16 Mar 2015, 21:36 PM

Ostheer has the best T1 in the game.

PROBLEM THOUGH,is if you play too heavy Tier 1 then you're raped by AA HT or well played M20. so fix tech costs. dont buff anything here or you make ostheer OP. you see?

Halftrack is early arriving and good against USF light vehicle play becasue it allows you to continue fighting and consolidate your forces instead of retreating and giving up map. If he goes LT he cant destroy a supported HT without suiciding his M20,which is a huge blow and a free zooka for you. a well played halftrack will ultimately win the game because the USF player cant force you off.

Pgrens have the best infantry AT alpha strike in the game,240 damage is almost half the damage of a sherman.,and to compensate they are weak and will explode in one hit alot. Balanced. Or we have the old Pgren blob days that you conviently forget.

Pgrens are good against conscripts and unupgraded rifles.

221/222 I agreed is awful in comparison to m20 and M3.

Otherwise,again,ostheer is solid...you cant debate that. Seriously just get a grip and work through it till the patch comes.

***I gave you your answer personally,and of course other people beat me to it multiple times because you're horribly wrong about ostheer.

Theyre in a good spot minus tech costs(including soviet call in spam) and blobbers. I dont know what else to tell you.

Wrong.Pios are overpriced.
All 4 ost units together are laughed and raped by rifles,and will be hard pressed vs well microed conspam.

There is no TOO heavy T1.American light vehicle arrives before pak typically.U spends hundreds of useless manpower typically to get one unit that wil be no help vs enemy inf and suspect to being taken.American rifles meanwhile already pushing hard,get free officer unit reinforcement this combined with fast vehicle reinforcement=all territory gone.50% matches will end here.Blobs will never be nerfed,if they were i wouldn't be asking for mg42 buff.

Halftrack can be charged and destroyed by rifles,i've seen shocks charging it.m20 bazooka easy kill if u try to stop over the map harassment.It'll just plain lose badly to halftrack with quad guns.usf FREE unit always outnumber ost.I'm breaking my back getting each squad and saving muni for precious LMG and healing bunker.Out comes free 5 officer with bar and thompson,as if bad teching wasn't enough.

120 MUNI and 340 mp vaporized in 1 shot-balanced.My advanced infantry sued for battling conscripts and unupgraded rifles,and shocks,paras,1919,obers..i guess ostheer gets the shaft everytime right?Balanced.You basically leave ost defesneless against latgegame blobs -they can do nothing vs para/1919 blob.
Grens 5 man,i agree might be over the top,don't see why pzgrens can't be with massive price,they can't be spamed as long as they keep same DPS.Would not lose so horribly lategame in AI .Pzgrens just suck cost effective and u will NEVER EVER see them in a competitive match without shrecks as stopgap AT.

Its more than just tech costs.Blobbers has to be response to that-because there is no indication of blob nerf..and almost everyone blobs.Units of ost that are not fine and u can't wish away -

1.Sniper-survivability issue
2.Mg42 - Unreliability issue(mix of survivability,unreliable suppression performance)
3.222 halftrack - Surviavbility issue.Dmg needs to kill snipers consistently at least,which pathetically it doesn't.
4.Pzgrens -Survivability issue.
5.Stug - Good for nothing,neither here nor there.Lack of defined role issue.
6.Panzer 4 - Meta issue.Nothing wrong with unit,but outclassed by call-in and jackson meta.Can't be fixed by changes to unit itself,so not realy a issue in this context.
7.Brummbarr - Accessibility and unit price.
8.Panzerwerfer -Damage and accesibility problem.
(panther accesibility problem admittedly can be fixed with tech costs reduction)

Thus u see even aside tech costs half the unit roster has problems.
16 Mar 2015, 21:40 PM

When is this dumb meme going to die? It has 10 more pen, which gives it a whopping 4% better chance to penetrate on all targets than the ZiS gun.

TWP buff again has made it best AT gun.Agree with you on many points,but not this.
Pak43 too is a beast gun,one of the last few good options for ost.Ost AT gun options are definitely best.And it starts and ends with that.Otherwise beggar faction on crutches.
16 Mar 2015, 21:43 PM

TWP buff again has made it best AT gun.Agree with you on many points,but not this.
Pak43 too is a beast gun,one of the last few good options for ost.Ost AT gun options are definitely best.And it starts and ends with that.Otherwise beggar faction on crutches.

Okay? It has a good veteran ability, but the ZiS can also fuck with infantry with it's barrage which is great against blobbers.

Both have their place, the fact that the Pak40 is 4% better doesn't mean it's some great reason why Ostheer is perfectly fine. It doesn't need a buff or anything, but it's not OP at all.
16 Mar 2015, 21:45 PM

Okay? It has a good veteran ability, but the ZiS can also fuck with infantry with it's barrage which is great against blobbers.

Both have their place, the fact that the Pak40 is 4% better doesn't mean it's some great reason why Ostheer is perfectly fine. It doesn't need a buff or anything, but it's not OP at all.

Pak also has better reload-both do have their place,but no pak40 not OP at all.Ofcourse i agree with you ost is not fine,its a faction on broken crutches.What do you think i have been barking on this thread for so long?
16 Mar 2015, 22:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Mar 2015, 14:24 PMJorad

Can you (if you have) post one of your replay's? i would love to see your Strategy for MG 42.

let me check if I have any layer tonight when I'm at my desktop. I'm pretty sure I have one of beating one of the best 2v2 teams
16 Mar 2015, 22:36 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Sigh. I didnt say the pak was OP. Its just a good AT gun.

Pak40 being good isnt a meme. It has high ROF,high penentration without an ability,and a great vet ability along with better MGs to screen it,whether you see that or dont see it. Thats a fact. no other faction comes close to this besides soviets.

Pios,engys,and RE's are cheap(30-40 mp is not that huge of a difference) They (Pios)have good mines,they are decent up close if not being focused down. The soviet engineer is a close third,and only because tellers are better than TM35s in the anti tank role,and S mines are very easy to lay down in bunches if you desire to do so by cancelling.

Grens have a panzer faust which is always nice,and a rifle grenade that can shoot over shotblockers from a mile away and wipe squads regularly. They also have an LMG,and build bunkers. the only thing they cant do is dominate on close range maps.

Again, show me an Mg42 thats supported that gets owned by one squad. Show me. We've already seen what happens to an unsupported MG in this game. It Dies. it should die. MGs shouldnt operate alone. Simple as that. Argue it all you want.

The mortar is cheap,it fires fast,its accurate,and it forces people to stay out of buildings. Two of them is very good fire support.

Going AA HT is a balls deep move,at least in 1v1. You're sacrificing any real AT for an attempt at crippling the ost so bad they cant come back. Guess what,that rarely happens in high skill usf ost matchups because the AA HT literally requires one pak(or hell a well placed teller) to counter. The Pak comes at the same time as AA HT,thanks to all the tears from when WFA first came out,and you can have a 251 halftrack before this.

Id love to see you drive an aa ht in back asswards trying to finish off a 251,while the nearby grens with fausts taht take half the health, and shortly arriving pak takes good care of your 60 FUEL INVESTMENT. 85 if you count nades,and evne more resources if we're talking para/bar/etc spam.

Guess what happens when you lose the AAHT too early? you lose. a P4 will be base raping you before you have enough fuel for anything to counter it,because it has no m20 mines to fear,you wouldnt know that though. You wouldnt know that going AA HT evens the tech costs considerably in osts favor if you can counter it. Too busy crying.

I told you why pgrens are fragile and you still complain. What do you want there exactly? If you use pgrens with caution,inside of buildings and in support position instead of using them like volks you'd be amazed at how good they are at their combined arms job.

I struggle with blobbers and soviet callins when im playin' ost. I told you how that could be fixed. If you insist on overbuffing ost then okay I cant stop you from thinking that,I cant change your mind,but i will be thankful that you arent balance devs.
16 Mar 2015, 22:41 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

They have exactly the same received accuracy modifier, dps, but they cost more per model. They are just standard infantry with more variable upgrades (expensive ones at that).

Untrue, they have 0.75 received accuracy modifier to Grenadiers' 0.91. I was mistaken on their reinforcement cost, but it's not by much - Storms are 3.75 more per model, especially compared to PGs.
16 Mar 2015, 22:44 PM

Pak40 being good isnt a meme. It has high ROF,high penentration without an ability,and a great vet ability along with better MGs to screen it,whether you see that or dont see it. Thats a fact. no other faction comes close to this besides soviets.

You said it's the best, and it is, exactly 4% better :snfPeter:

Pios,engys,and RE's are cheap(30-40 mp is not that huge of a difference) They (Pios)have good mines,they are decent up close if not being focused down. The soviet engineer is a close third,and only because tellers are better than TM35s in the anti tank role,and S mines are very easy to lay down in bunches if you desire to do so by cancelling.

It's fairly huge, and the Pio's are only decent at sub 5 range which is literally up the enemies ass and the enemy isn't going to let you get there. They deserve to cost the same as Engineers.

Grens have a panzer faust which is always nice,and a rifle grenade that can shoot over shotblockers from a mile away and wipe squads regularly. They also have an LMG,and build bunkers. the only thing they cant do is dominate on close range maps.

To bad that's most maps in the game

The mortar is cheap,it fires fast,its accurate,and it forces people to stay out of buildings. Two of them is very good fire support.

Again; it's less accurate than the Soviet one, it's fine but it's also very fragile to enemy indirect because of the lower range and only 4 crew members. 1 precision strike from an 82mm and your done.

I told you why pgrens are fragile and you still complain. What do you want there exactly? If you use pgrens with caution,inside of buildings and in support position instead of using them like volks you'd be amazed at how good they are at their combined arms job.

Putting them in buildings were I can't tell them what to attack? Pass.

16 Mar 2015, 22:51 PM
Donator 33

Hmmm looking at the TOP 10 Ladder, Allies Having more win streaks in 1vs1, and when you check 3vs3-4vs4 there is heavy Axis streak going on, so if MG 42 gets its buff, and they buff the SU-76/STUG and USF ?,

how it will affect those teamgames or will they always remain totally imbalanced?
16 Mar 2015, 23:01 PM

It can kinda sentence a medium to death at a cost of 30 munitions. It is the best AT gun statswise; ZiS and M whatever peashooter gun only come close because of the durability as part of the squad size... That's asymmetrical balance and all, but Pak40 is the best and if you see one, capture it.

That and Allied armor is generally thinner so 10 pen means more than it would for Allies.
16 Mar 2015, 23:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Mar 2015, 22:51 PMATCF
Hmmm looking at the TOP 10 Ladder, Allies Having more win streaks in 1vs1, and when you check 3vs3-4vs4 there is heavy Axis streak going on, so if MG 42 gets its buff, and they buff the SU-76/STUG and USF ?,

how it will affect those teamgames or will they always remain totally imbalanced?

The sole reason for that is stupid matchmaking. As allies you always get crap mates that have horrible ranks and play horribly. Axis teams are more homogeneous, because the player bases are so different.

If you check the AT games you see it's nearly equal.
16 Mar 2015, 23:37 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Alex you can tell them what to target.

You can do this with any unit, to have an extra guy or two switch windows to fire on the target you want to focus on, depends on the building

~sparkles~ the more you know ~sparkles
16 Mar 2015, 23:43 PM

Alex you can tell them what to target.

You can do this with any unit, to have an extra guy or two switch windows to fire on the target you want to focus on, depends on the building

~sparkles~ the more you know ~sparkles

There isn't any way to order a unit to attack a specific other one when one is in a building.
17 Mar 2015, 02:55 AM

It can kinda sentence a medium to death at a cost of 30 munitions. It is the best AT gun statswise; ZiS and M whatever peashooter gun only come close because of the durability as part of the squad size... That's asymmetrical balance and all, but Pak40 is the best and if you see one, capture it.

That and Allied armor is generally thinner so 10 pen means more than it would for Allies.

57mm is the best AT gun in the game vs Mediums, great cone/RoF and take aim is arguably better than TWP which decides to bug and not even work half the time
17 Mar 2015, 03:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Mar 2015, 14:24 PMJorad

Can you (if you have) post one of your replay's? i would love to see your Strategy for MG 42.

most of these players are very good, and you will probably recognize them from the 2v2 leaderboards.

edit: basically my strategy revolves around the pioneer, hmg42, and halftrack. hmg42s hold down enemy infantry, pios are the majority of my actual killing power, and the halftrack allows me to stay on the field indefinitely without retreating.

i like this strat way more than gren heavy cause its a lot more forgiving if you lose a squad since you can recrew an mg42 but you cant recrew a gren squad, and cheaper to reinforce squads as well.
17 Mar 2015, 05:10 AM
Patrion 14

There isn't any way to order a unit to attack a specific other one when one is in a building.

Actually, if you select a building (not the unit within the building), you can right click on a target to focus fire that unit.

17 Mar 2015, 05:51 AM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Mar 2015, 19:08 PMKatitof
@Cookiezncreem
Don't forget you're talking to 3v3 and 4v4 hero there.

The 3v3 and 4v4 heroes would like you to know that Alex does not speak for us.
17 Mar 2015, 05:57 AM
Honorary Member Badge

I'll ask u again,WHAT DO OST HAVE THE BEST OF?
katitof u can sub in for him and answer instead,since u have taken it upon urself to manage my tears.

Don't make redundant comments if u don't know what ur talking abt.

MG42 is the best MG in the game

PAGES (29)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment