Login

russian armor

Ostheer - MG42

PAGES (29)down
16 Mar 2015, 18:35 PM

"No one does unsupported mg42,if it was as cool as u say after one game ost wouldn't be such shit.Its helpless vs both conscript orrah and smoke.And also suppressed squads wipe it for fun with nade.I'm sick of allied fanboys trying desperately and using every excuse in the book to keep ostheer dead.I'm tired of american infantry pushing grens for fun,then light vehicle reign of terror,followed by unkillable para blob and p-47 skillplane,jackson 3 shotting armoor,squads getting one shotted and what not.Its disgusting.Just disgusting..and even more disgusting watching these shameless usf fanboys defending their autowins.American riflemen in current state vs grenadiers is cheat unit."

I played the game.and Posted my findings. That was his BIASED assault post towards me.and you tell me to take the high road and not call him biased?

Yes. And his rant was pretty on point, playing against LMG Para spam isn't fun and Jacksons have made Axis medium armor go the way of the Dodo.
16 Mar 2015, 18:45 PM

Revived accuracy penalty from every support weapon in the game should be removed. Only unit capable of sniping mg should be snipers. To prevent mg-wall strategies, stock units weapons should have bonuses against support weapons (thus, excluding all super-long range weapons, such as stgs, grants, bars, g43, and any other type of lmg from doing bonus damage against mgs). Mg gunner should be unkillable until he is last man remaining to prevent lucky gunner snipes form units running right into mg fire (this change will also fix maxim and DSHK loop-retreat, when guy pushing gun drops dead and whole retreat stops until other guy behind picks gun again). Grenades should be unusable from suppression.

Relic already nerfed long-range weapons couple of times, but they still too strong and still provide counter to static mg. Who needs hmg when you got lmg, kek.
16 Mar 2015, 18:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Mar 2015, 18:45 PMJadame!
Mg gunner should be unkillable until he is last man remaining (also fixes maxim loop-retreat) to prevent lucky gunner snipes form units running right into mg fire. Grenades should be unusable from suppression.

This...

IMO would create more good than bad... Especially atm for 50 cal and mg42.
16 Mar 2015, 18:52 PM

This...

IMO would create more good than bad... Especially atm for 50 cal and mg42.

It might make Maxim overpowered.
16 Mar 2015, 18:58 PM

It might make Maxim overpowered.

How obers or even vetted grens with lmg taking maxim from long range 1v1 thanks to ability to snipe gunner different from rifles/browning paras doing the same against mg 42/34? Both situations is pure absurd and nightmare for gameplay.
16 Mar 2015, 19:01 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Yes. And his rant was pretty on point, playing against LMG Para spam isn't fun and Jacksons have made Axis medium armor go the way of the Dodo.

INTERESTING. So you can spam 400 MP paras with a 120 muni upgrade, on a faction that munches on muni and manpower. That,is BS. And if you do that you sacrifice in a lot of other places. You can spam this and blob it right at a supported mg42 and do some serious damage if you snipe the gunner and catch the Ost player off guard. am not denying that. It's not the mg42, its blob firepower against the 42

You simply cannot deny that IF your opponent decides not to blob, the mg42 will then do its job. Blobs prevent it from doing its job. Not the stats of the mg.

I'm agreeing with him that blobs are lame ALL ACROSS THE BOARD. I've said that 150 times. It's equally annoying to deal with a giant horde of folks and UBERS, which is CHEAPER and more versatile than a USF BLOB, which is pure AI.

It's also annoying to deal with mg spam blocking every flank attempt and assault you try, as we've learned,

A solution is not making the mg42 OP against players that don't blob. which is what buffing the 42 directly will definitely do.
16 Mar 2015, 19:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Mar 2015, 18:58 PMJadame!

How obers or even vetted grens with lmg taking maxim from long range 1v1 thanks to ability to snipe gunner different from rifles/browning paras doing the same against mg 42/34? Both situations is pure absurd and nightmare for gameplay.

Yes but that's a problem with those units. Reduce grenade range under suppression and nerf Obersoldaten to hell and back.
16 Mar 2015, 19:08 PM

@Cookiezncreem
Don't forget you're talking to 3v3 and 4v4 hero there.
16 Mar 2015, 19:19 PM

@Cookiezncreem

Don't worry man, he complains about Ostheer in every thread and post, even if it isn't related.
16 Mar 2015, 19:33 PM

Well , Ost suffers from the same things everyone suffers from, one way or the other. Name any problem with ost and I can come up with a similar issue in another faction or matchup. You know what that means? ITS A GLOBAL MECHANICAL ISSUE THAT THE MG TEAMS BUNCH UP and get wiped by nades,, AND THHR GUNNER GET SNIPED FROM THE FRONT by BLOBS that do TOO MUCH DPS to fragile weapon teams... ITS NOT JUST AN OST ISSUE. IF YOU FIX THIS, OST WILL BE FINE, and BALACE WILL IMPROVE ACROSS THE BOARD.

considrig ostheer is my second favorite faction personally, and ostheer is far from being an easy win for me when I'm USF,I just want to enjoy the game no matter what faction I queue. Quit accusing me of being a fanboy when you have a panther as your profile pic, a name that sounds German, and constantly complain about how bad the Ostheer is. With every. Single. Post. You. Make. me? I just play usf more because I like them and I never got to play a game like coh with the Americans. I never blob unless I've given up, and I have yet to win a top level game where I just blabbed as usf.

Quit exaggerating and see from both sides.

First of all.Things ost suffers that others don't and which u don't have an answer for -

1.Enormous MP teching cost.Soviet teching is manpowewise much lesser and they can just call-in anyway.OKW easy teching.USF free lol units.
2.Weakest earlygame of all 4 factions.
3.Largest muni starvation,with added fuel and MP problems as well.
4.Most pathetic indirect fire ability in the game.Only mortars-shit LEfh,shit and inaccesible panzerwrefer.Soviets get brutal b4 and katyusha,120 mm plus ok 152 mm.Americans priest,pack howie and scott.OKW stuka,IEG.
5.Only faction that has to build its first building to get its basic infantry.
6.No elite infantry.OKW has obers,usf has 1919rifles and paras,soviet have shocks.Here basic infantry forced to fight as elite inf.
7.Biggest squadwiped....crushing when ur vet3 grens or 120 muni 340 mp pzgren gets 1 shotted.Furthermore highest reinforce costs in general and squads lose 1/4DPS with one member dead.
8.Worst light vehicle-both 221 and 251 suck balls compared to m3clown car impact/aa halftrack-m20-greyhound-flak halftrack.
9.All of this is not balanced by some out of he world lategame.It has no elite infantry and its own vet inf is squadwiped most often.Its artillery/indirect fire is weakest.Armor is third strongest.First OKw,second soviet,then ost.(because panther is largely inaccesible and is-2 wil dominate tiger ,even with zis-pak added to equation).Its vaunted teched up armor pz4 can only beat t-34 and stug is a joke.It can't change the armorgame with shrecks like OKW because pzgren cost and fragility.

Now onto next issue,go ahead scream again ost is fine.Mechanical issue only...u claim u fix mg positioning and ost will be fine..what are u smoking?What happens to tech costs?Fragile as shit pzgrens,shit 221(forget sniper),shit panzerwerfer...all these are mechanical issues right?Whose crying with tears now?

So u judged me from panther pic.....lol.Austerlitz is napoleon bonaparte's greatest victory -against a german-russian combined army.So much for german fanboyism.Know what ur talking about before barking.

16 Mar 2015, 19:41 PM

He is biased. Like I said, he clearly likes axis and axis only. Posts about nothing but axis needing buffs and allies needing nerfs. It's like he's a robot designed to complain, and then When I discuss with him, HE CALLS ME. A usf fanboy, I played one game, yada yada.i I explain why I'm not, and he is, and you tell me not to go down that route. What are you saying?

First of all show me when i asked for allied nerfs.Only allied unit i have vehemently asked for nerf was OP isu-152 .I never ask for allied nerfs except as countertrolling in a single post.I even agreed stug-e should be nerfed,CAS all-strafe is overperforming.I have posted in several balance threads and proposed buffs to many underused/UP allied units including USF ones...yes i ask for buffs to ost regularly,because its needed..proven by stats.I have supported many OKW nerfs throughout to obers,volks etc..axis fanboy i guess.I want ost to be competitive again,u as a usf majority player clearly enjoy ur rank which u got part with easy wins over ostheer and don't want that to change.Ofcourse u will oppose any changes that balance american massive advantage atm over ost.
16 Mar 2015, 19:41 PM

@Cookiezncreem

Don't worry man, he complains about Ostheer in every thread and post, even if it isn't related.

Frustration will do that to you.Enjoy ur autowins meanwhile.
16 Mar 2015, 19:48 PM

INTERESTING. So you can spam 400 MP paras with a 120 muni upgrade, on a faction that munches on muni and manpower. That,is BS. And if you do that you sacrifice in a lot of other places. You can spam this and blob it right at a supported mg42 and do some serious damage if you snipe the gunner and catch the Ost player off guard. am not denying that. It's not the mg42, its blob firepower against the 42

You simply cannot deny that IF your opponent decides not to blob, the mg42 will then do its job. Blobs prevent it from doing its job. Not the stats of the mg.

I'm agreeing with him that blobs are lame ALL ACROSS THE BOARD. I've said that 150 times. It's equally annoying to deal with a giant horde of folks and UBERS, which is CHEAPER and more versatile than a USF BLOB, which is pure AI.

It's also annoying to deal with mg spam blocking every flank attempt and assault you try, as we've learned,

A solution is not making the mg42 OP against players that don't blob. which is what buffing the 42 directly will definitely do.

Then what is ost player supposed to do vs usf para blob..u tell me.Our indirect fire is weakest-panzerwerfer usually locked out,lefh shit.Jackson will vaporise p4-which u could otherwise use to bleed blob..then there is p-47.Smoke,DPS,and general unrelaibility in its performance invalidates mg42.U grens even vetted will lose and often gets one shotted.He's paras are reinforcing at 28 mp and 6 men..u will NEVER squadwipe without lucky riflenade.We have no elite infantry,pzgrens will be toyed with by paras......i protest against this and its rant.Shows YOUR bias.

And thats mid-lategame.Good luck getting there vs USf.First rifle bullying,then light vehicle reign of terror,followed by sherman assault,then game begins.
16 Mar 2015, 19:48 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

You just listed ostheers disadvantages, not balance issues

The 251 is amazing for keeping forward presence and Is the earliest combat reinforcement available.

They have the best early game combined arms options of anyone, that's why they have to build a building unlike anyone else

I already said the tech costs would be fixed. Clear your eyes of tears and you'll notice I said that.

Odtheer has elite infantry in storm troopers and vetted pgrens. They can't have the best everything.. Elite inf isn't Wehrmacht strength. its combined arms.

Tiger pak wall supported by grenadiers and tellers is a good late game.

And I didn't judge you from just your profile. I judged you from your posts, which are irritatingly biased. And the fact that you won't prove you aren't COMPLETELY biased by showing your player card either.
16 Mar 2015, 19:55 PM

You just listed ostheers disadvantages, not balance issues

The 251 is amazing for keeping forward presence and Is the earliest combat reinforcement available.

They have the best early game combined arms options of anyone, that's why they have to build a building unlike anyone else

I already said the tech costs would be fixed. Clear your eyes of tears and you'll notice I said that.

Odtheer has elite infantry in storm troopers and vetted pgrens. They can't have the best everything.. Elite inf isn't Wehrmacht strength. its combined arms.

Tiger pak wall supported by grenadiers and tellers is a good late game.

And I didn't judge you from just your profile. I judged you from your posts, which are irritatingly biased. And the fact that you won't prove you aren't COMPLETELY biased by showing your player card either.

You asked for issues that ost suffers that others don't.I gae u those issues.now trying to twist ur own words.Hopeless.Go scroll back and read ur own post.U screamed in caps ..and now backing out?

251 can't do shit vs enemy light vehicle or inf timely,which is what point i raised.In light vehicle arena ost totally outgunned.

Even vetted pzgrens are easy wiped and still lose to enemy para/shocks.Stromtroopers..lol.Ost can't have the best of everything..riddle me genius..WHAT DO WE HAVE THE BEST OF?
Good lategame as in 3rd best.
Not biased,justified.Go check tourney stats urself.I don't ask for alied nerfs,just deserved ost fixes.

Now answer the issues like u said..or run away.
16 Mar 2015, 20:02 PM

3.Largest muni starvation,with added fuel and MP problems as well.

I'm gonna hold you right there and present you the United States Forces usfusf.
THE menpower and muni starved faction.

4.Most pathetic indirect fire ability in the game.Only mortars-shit LEfh,shit and inaccesible panzerwrefer.Soviets get brutal b4 and katyusha,120 mm plus ok 152 mm.Americans priest,pack howie and scott.OKW stuka,IEG.

usfusf would like to have another word with you.

5.Only faction that has to build its first building to get its basic infantry.

Only faction to get mortars, MGs and snipers without having 2 different buildings and/or doctrine picked.

6.No elite infantry.OKW has obers,usf has 1919rifles and paras,soviet have shocks.Here basic infantry forced to fight as elite inf.

Basic infantry is elite infantry. Portable precision strike mortar, default LMG upgrade, multiple ways of expanding their utility and weaponry via doctrines.

7.Biggest squadwiped....crushing when ur vet3 grens or 120 muni 340 mp pzgren gets 1 shotted.Furthermore highest reinforce costs in general and squads lose 1/4DPS with one member dead.

Tigers and stukas one shot shocks, guards and paras as well. And these aren't exactly cheap units.

8.Worst light vehicle-both 221 and 251 suck balls compared to m3clown car impact/aa halftrack-m20-greyhound-flak halftrack.

0.5 point for you, because 222 could use some love in accuracy department.
251 is awesome unless you think its a tank.

While ost have its problems that hopefully will be addressed next patch, you have failed to identify them, because you simply do not understand them. I'll take a wild guess and say its because you play 4v4 exclusively.

Now, lastly-just because something is disadvantaged doesn't mean its underpowered.
I know if you have played OKW even once in your life the picture of true ubermensh was painted in your head, but even that will get brought down by reality check and a balance patch. Believe it or not, axis are NOT supposed to have every single unit superior to allied counterpart.

Also, it is true, you burst into tears every time someone mentions ost.
16 Mar 2015, 20:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Mar 2015, 20:02 PMKatitof

Believe it or not, axis are NOT supposed to have every single unit superior to allied counterpart.

Jesus Christ, This statement should be my signature.
16 Mar 2015, 20:13 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Worst light vehicle-both 221 and 251 suck balls compared to m3clown car impact/aa halftrack-m20-greyhound-flak halftrack.

Not when you have to build Soviet tier 3 to get it.

...and it's basically only technically AA in practice.
16 Mar 2015, 20:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Mar 2015, 20:02 PMKatitof

I'm gonna hold you right there and present you the United States Forces usfusf.
THE menpower and muni starved faction.

usfusf would like to have another word with you.

Only faction to get mortars, MGs and snipers without having 2 different buildings and/or doctrine picked.

Basic infantry is elite infantry. Portable precision strike mortar, default LMG upgrade, multiple ways of expanding their utility and weaponry via doctrines.

Tigers and stukas one shot shocks, guards and paras as well. And these aren't exactly cheap units.

0.5 point for you, because 222 could use some love in accuracy department.
251 is awesome unless you think its a tank.

While ost have its problems that hopefully will be addressed next patch, you have failed to identify them, because you simply do not understand them. I'll take a wild guess and say its because you play 4v4 exclusively.

Now, lastly-just because something is disadvantaged doesn't mean its underpowered.
I know if you have played OKW even once in your life the picture of true ubermensh was painted in your head, but even that will get brought down by reality check and a balance patch. Believe it or not, axis are NOT supposed to have every single unit superior to allied counterpart.

Also, it is true, you burst into tears every time someone mentions ost.

1.Wrong,nothing comes CLOSE to ostheer in manpower ,especially with teching and 4 man squadwipes.USF FREE units and cheap teching say hi.
Munitionwise yes,both comparable.Overall ost still more disadvantaged.

2.Nope,lovely 1 shotter scott would have to like a word with you.Priest and pzwerfer are both shit but atleast u don't have to tech for it.Mortar is no match for superb scott and good pack howie.Advantage USF.

3.So great ,i get mg and snipers and mortars from the same building.Now if only sniper and mg were useful.No wonder most just use grenadiers by and large with occasional mortar/mg42.U saw the post of butcher..a reasonably high ranked ost player on this already.I see pro videos..i rarely see these brilliant options being employed.Maybe 1 mg42,1 mortar.Mostly just grens.

4.Nope.Grens can't defeat any enemy elite infantry at all.Both paras and shocks will overwhelm them.1919 will too.And they will squadwipe fastest and often.Its a crutch forced into a role thing for lack of options.Now if only pzgrens actually lived upto their price..

5.Stukas?Sry not OKW.Tiger 1 shots shocks...very very very very rarely and you know it.Now lets see what 1 shots ost units.....where do i start?Only 1 shotter for ost is out of sight bugged vet 2 rifle nade which will get nerfed and should anyway.

I don't care abt OKW so don't try to wriggle that into justifying ost issues..AGAIN.And u ignored some points because u knew u had no answer to them.
16 Mar 2015, 20:17 PM

Jesus Christ, This statement should be my signature.

I bet it does,now answer the issues since ost is fine.
PAGES (29)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS