Login

russian armor

Ostheer - MG42

PAGES (29)down
15 Mar 2015, 15:46 PM

Well no offence man, but your playercard shows all of 5 1v1 games, all of them with Soviets, and placement matches pretty much tell you nothing until you come up agaisnt good opponents.
In general, much of the, well, disagreements on this site (apart of course from the phenomenon of fanboyismo, ie. playing only one side, while accusing the "other" of being "Wehraboos", "Allied Buttboys", etc, you cant help that, most of them are just rabid chauvinists/morons) stems from the vastly different horizons of players. I for one at times suspected that the 4v4 players who harped about Axis superiority suffered from outright cognitive dissonance since my experience playing 1s and 2s was quite the opposite. After playing a few large teamgames I can understand them just fine and in fact concur to a point.

I played them a lot in the beta, but yes, I've not really done them since. This is because 1v1's bore the pants off me.

I play 3/4 of the game modes extensively and all four fractions with reasonable regularity. It's enough for me, and more variety than most.

But the people that argue for buffs of things that seem to underpreform in 1v1's despite the fact that they already preform too well in 2v2+ are a bigger problem than the reverse. A large part of that is to do, as stated, with the 1v1's being a minority of games.
15 Mar 2015, 15:53 PM

Axis want those old times when mg42 was carrying all game? No thanks.

I remember these days as well. There will always be that element that want the return to those days.
15 Mar 2015, 16:43 PM
Patrion 14

can ppl without their playercard shown please not attack other ppl's playercard?

i think that is common sense.
15 Mar 2015, 17:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Mar 2015, 16:43 PMpigsoup
can ppl without their playercard shown please not attack other ppl's playercard?

i think that is common sense.

Lol dude, if you mean me, just say so, dont hide behind the generalties.
I've shown my playercard before to people who wanted to see it, and I'll do so again upon request, I am by no means a top player but when last I checked I was at least in the top 200 with all factions in both 1v1 and 2v2 and have a good deal of games logged.
That being said, if you claim to have pertinent experience on any given subject while it is transparent for all (via your playercard) that you don't, expect to be called on it. This does not constitute an attack by the way, this is common sense.
15 Mar 2015, 17:44 PM
Patrion 14

Lol dude, if you mean me, just say so, dont hide behind the generalties.
I've shown my playercard before to people who wanted to see it, and I'll do so again upon request, I am by no means a top player but when last I checked I was at least in the top 200 with all factions in both 1v1 and 2v2 and have a good deal of games logged.
That being said, if you claim to have pertinent experience on any given subject while it is transparent for all (via your playercard) that you don't, expect to be called on it. This does not constitute an attack by the way, this is common sense.

I have especially targeted you several time before by quoting you. But you chose to ignore that. So I thought you wanted it in a little more subtle way.

So can I see your player card? I am genuinely curious now.
15 Mar 2015, 17:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Mar 2015, 17:44 PMpigsoup

I have especially targeted you several time before by quoting you. But you chose to ignore that. So I thought you wanted it in a little more subtle way.

So can I see your player card? I am genuinely curious now.

Well, same deal as before. Gentlemans agreement: Don't make it public, unless of course I talk shit but well I don't.
15 Mar 2015, 17:49 PM
Patrion 14

Well, same deal as before. Gentlemans agreement: Don't make it public, unless of course I talk shit but well I don't.

you have my word.
15 Mar 2015, 17:50 PM

15 Mar 2015, 18:56 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Hilarious video,but lol ost players already know the caliber of this shitty popcornsprayer.And this from the apparent 'beast' (as its called by allied fanboys)vet 3 mg42.
Strangely certain people are suddenly missing from the thread -
Elslayer...weren't u asking for vid?
Katitof,Wingzero,Faustcostbulletin,Bracharaidos..suddenly they are all missing from the thread..where u gone hiding?

What happens to ALL MGs during late game when there is plenty of yellow cover around.

Also you can see that after 4 burst, the MG has to reload, therefore making the suppression threshold falldown since all the models are on yellow cover making the pin take longer.
15 Mar 2015, 20:32 PM

no need to buff

No need to nerf OKW,stuka needs a buff.
15 Mar 2015, 20:35 PM

What happens to ALL MGs during late game when there is plenty of yellow cover around.

Also you can see that after 4 burst, the MG has to reload, therefore making the suppression threshold falldown since all the models are on yellow cover making the pin take longer.

Yes this is a 3star popcornsprayer with 3 mg bulletins.Excellent performance i fully concur with you.This unit needs a smaller arc,its too good now.
15 Mar 2015, 20:39 PM

Here you see a vet 3 MG42 and its performance. It´s hilarious how long it needs to pin a unit, even if it´s yellow cover. It´s 28 seconds of constant bursts. At 52:26 it finally has them pinned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1-70N4bT3w#t=51m58s

Indeed, it took very long time to pin, but still guards were in cover. It's not like they were charging and caught in open, like in scenarios people describe here.

Pinning is great, but main purpose is to take away enemy infantry fighting capability though suppressing it so your infantry would take less damage. And it did it with great success - look how guards couldn't finish it off although it needed a single hit.

Sadly, that vid isn't showing how long it took to suppress them.
15 Mar 2015, 20:40 PM

Indeed, it took very long time to pin, but still guards were in cover. It's not like they were charging and caught in open, like in scenarios people describe here.

Pinning is great, but main purpose is to take away enemy infantry fighting capability though suppressing it so your infantry would take less damage. And it did it with great success - look how guards couldn't finish it off although it needed a single hit.

Sadly, that vid isn't showing how long it took to suppress them.

If it showed that you would get to see how an MG42 can be useful as a suppression tool. And that wouldn't be pro-kraut at all.

Even so, note that it starts reloading before he pans the camera away. So the time to pin included an MG42 reload. Which is quite lengthy, and allows the unit in cover some time to recover.
15 Mar 2015, 20:59 PM

The biggest issue with the MG42 (much like the .50 cal) is the fragility of the crew, but at least with the .50 cal you have a fairly good set up and pack up time that lets you escape.

The MG42/34 should just get 6 men and a price increase (and so should the .50 cal), that would go a long way towards making it so you can't just easily overwhelm it with 2 infantry squads standing directly in it's cone of fire.

That or just give them better traverse rate/reload, that's fine to.
15 Mar 2015, 21:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Mar 2015, 15:53 PMNapalm

I remember these days as well. There will always be that element that want the return to those days.

Ostheer is the overall weakess faction now. So lets fix it.
15 Mar 2015, 22:20 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Yes this is a 3star popcornsprayer with 3 mg bulletins.Excellent performance i fully concur with you.This unit needs a smaller arc,its too good now.

I'm gonna put it simple for you: what is your problem with the vid? We can't see the supression time and i just explained why the pin took so long.

Unit in cover + reload mg after 4th burst.
15 Mar 2015, 22:39 PM

I'm gonna put it simple for you: what is your problem with the vid? We can't see the supression time and i just explained why the pin took so long.

Unit in cover + reload mg after 4th burst.

Considering the weaknesses the mg42 has to the maxim it can only suppress one squad max . Thats a problem. Why bother with a mg that can suppress one unit tops. you can just as well take one extra gren squad.
15 Mar 2015, 22:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Mar 2015, 15:53 PMNapalm

You didn't remember because it never happened. and if you are still convinced they happened then i want the a truckload of the stuff you are smoking.
15 Mar 2015, 22:44 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Mar 2015, 22:39 PMJaigen

Considering the weaknesses the mg42 has to the maxim it can only suppress one squad max . Thats a problem. Why bother with a mg that can suppress one unit tops. you can just as well take one extra gren squad.

That sounds pretty much exactly like the Maxim...at least the 42 has some chance of suppressing a blob with spotters, the Maxim basically doesn't suppress blobs with how bad its AoE suppression is.
15 Mar 2015, 22:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Mar 2015, 22:44 PMVuther

That sounds pretty much exactly like the Maxim...at least the 42 has some chance of suppressing a blob with spotters, the Maxim basically doesn't suppress blobs with how bad its AoE suppression is.

But you can re target the maxim to hit another squad easily, the MG42 has to swivel.
PAGES (29)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS