Login

russian armor

What tank is this?

16 Feb 2015, 21:28 PM

A hard counter to the Japanese empire, weak to suicide trucks. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuUR95-o_fw#t=26

Those are almost certainly BT series tanks, not T-26 at all, god. IMMERSION RUINED.
16 Feb 2015, 21:37 PM

A hard counter to the Japanese empire, weak to suicide trucks. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuUR95-o_fw#t=26

In this movie soviets charge with BT-5 not T-26, you can always recognize BT (Fast Tank) series by its "nose".
16 Feb 2015, 21:54 PM

I was wrong, sorry every one :foreveralone:

and they went to attack US instead, the mightiest industrial power in this world, brilliant!

The US Army at the start of the war was worse than a joke. It was nowhere near a powerful as the Red Army was in 39-41.
16 Feb 2015, 22:53 PM

It's very COH2 like isn't it? Just a horde of tanks charging into a horde of Infantry firing wildly and hitting almost nothing, while people drive trucks into the middle of combat.

Still, the USSR did wreck Japan so hard in 39' Japan promised to never attack the Soviet Union ever again.

Casualties were nearly the same (battle of Khalkin gol) even that USSR had advantage in tanks and aircraft, they did not wrecked them, Japans just seen war with them very costly and abandoned this idea, they would have better chance when USSR was loosing with Germany (around 10 divisions were guarding on Manchurian borders)
16 Feb 2015, 22:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2015, 21:16 PMUGBEAR

and they went to attack US instead, the mightiest industrial power in this world, brilliant!

They were still in deep crisis, they never wanted to participate in war vs Japs or Germany but the war came to them so propaganda stuff etc. and industry was fully working
16 Feb 2015, 23:04 PM

Casualties were nearly the same (battle of Khalkin gol) even that USSR had advantage in tanks and aircraft, they did not wrecked them, Japans just seen war with them very costly and abandoned this idea, they would have better chance when USSR was loosing with Germany (around 10 divisions were guarding on Manchurian borders)

Not really, Japan had nothing to counter the KV or T series tanks.
16 Feb 2015, 23:35 PM

Yes it's been in the world builder files since release. Also World builder doesn't give anything away either it's simply labelled: wrecked_early_war_tank_01

Funny as it sounds, you'd be surprised at the number of things in world builder that to my knowledge aren't used on any Relic made map.

The T-26 wreck is used on at least one map I'm sure, but I don't remember which. I do know that I saw them though. As a unit it wouldn't be impressive, maybe like an M8 Greyhound in terms of durability.
17 Feb 2015, 01:11 AM

Not really, Japan had nothing to counter the KV or T series tanks.

I was refering to '39, chances could be even, in '45 Japs were exhausted of 8 years of war, industry was dead and they didn't expected USSR to attack them, even tho Japs had equipment to destroy heavier stuff with artillery, not tanks
17 Feb 2015, 01:26 AM

I was refering to '39, chances could be even, in '45 Japs were exhausted of 8 years of war, industry was dead and they didn't expected USSR to attack them, even tho Japs had equipment to destroy heavier stuff with artillery, not tanks

Oh when you said they would have been better off when the USSR was losing to the Axis powers I just thought about how in 40-41 they would they ever deal with T34's or any of the KV series tanks.

Still, the Manchurian Campaign in 45 was an excellent example of how powerful the Soviet Union had become.
17 Feb 2015, 07:52 AM

Judging by this moment, the most stupid war movie ever. Unfortunately I guess there is some truth in it, let's remember that Poles attacked german panzers with cavalry in '39. A desperate act. May God gives rest to those brave Polish.
17 Feb 2015, 08:23 AM
Patrion 28

the tank is on the west fuel in city 17; there are two or three wrecks north of the fuel.
17 Feb 2015, 08:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Feb 2015, 07:52 AMJohnnyB

let's remember that Poles attacked german panzers with cavalry in '39. A desperate act. May God gives rest to those brave Polish.

No they never did, thats a German war time propaganda myth, surprise surprise you of all people thinks it is true.
It was at the Battle at Krojanty when the 18th Pommerainian Uhlans charged resting german infantry by surprise and forced them to retreat, but when armoured cars showed up, after the battle, the Poles withdrew leaving behind some dead.
The dead cavalrymen where used extensively in German propaganda, and also later by the Soviets as a way of showing polish inferiority. Wheraboos still holds this to be true.
17 Feb 2015, 08:56 AM

Those are almost certainly BT series tanks, not T-26 at all, god. IMMERSION RUINED.

It looks a lot more to a T-26 then to a BT-7 for me.
17 Feb 2015, 09:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Feb 2015, 08:56 AMarmatak

It looks a lot more to a T-26 then to a BT-7 for me.

I think he means in that movie clip, that is defiantly BT-series, but yes in game picture is of a T-26
17 Feb 2015, 10:12 AM

No they never did, thats a German war time propaganda myth, surprise surprise you of all people thinks it is true.
It was at the Battle at Krojanty when the 18th Pommerainian Uhlans charged resting german infantry by surprise and forced them to retreat, but when armoured cars showed up, after the battle, the Poles withdrew leaving behind some dead.
The dead cavalrymen where used extensively in German propaganda, and also later by the Soviets as a way of showing polish inferiority. Wheraboos still holds this to be true.

Never heard of this variant before so what can I do? Believe or not believe you. ....Untill reach home and do some research of my own :).
17 Feb 2015, 10:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Feb 2015, 10:12 AMJohnnyB
Never heard of this variant before so what can I do? Believe or not believe you. ....Untill reach home and do some research of my own :).

Nope you don´t have to.

Polish Cavalry charges and Propaganda Wiki Article

Charge at Krohanty Wiki Article
17 Feb 2015, 10:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Feb 2015, 07:52 AMJohnnyB

let's remember that Poles attacked german panzers with cavalry in '39. A desperate act. May God gives rest to those brave Polish.

That's really some bullshiet propaganda to show how great germans are, truth is that Germans failed so much, look at some battles how Poles defend against Germans (example, Battle of Wizna, Poles defended it for 3 days, 500 vs Guderians 42k infantry + luftwaffe and tanks).

17 Feb 2015, 11:02 AM

You guys just love getting angry at movies for being unrealistic don't you.
17 Feb 2015, 11:05 AM

You guys just love getting angry at movies for being unrealistic don't you.

you must feed your anger and your power off the Dark side will grow!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★