Login

russian armor

Everyone plays axis becouse axis are better

15 Feb 2015, 01:10 AM
Patrion 14

Why not buff allies to make this game more balanced?

Because that would make them OP in 1v1, where Ostheer is already the weakest faction. We're better off nerfing OKW than buffing Allies.
15 Feb 2015, 01:59 AM

I just dont get it. Its always 95% playin as axis and 5% as allies becouse axis are a-move factions.
No, OKW is the a-move faction. Ostheer is the weakest. USA and even Soviets are a-move aswell. Rifles running straight into MG42 and finishing it off is standard gameplay.

They are easier to play, units are durable and long range effective. It takes less micro to play em. You just a-move em and you know its safe cuz you can always retreat em before they get wiped.

People play axis, nobody wants to play allies as allies requare much more micro and die quickly if you make misstakes. Its not rewarding to play allies.
Bullshit. Ostheer 4 men squads die the fastest. Losing Ostheer squads is incredibly easy.

If you are referring to armor: This game is asymmetrically balanced and inspired by historic events. Guess who had the better performing tanks? So who gets the stronger ones and who gets the cheaper ones? Perfectly logic that Germans have some armor advantage piece by piece.

The real problem of this game is overperforming USF and OKW. Those are the a-move factions.
15 Feb 2015, 02:04 AM

Don't forget that most people only choose axis "because their uniforms look cool" and that the game is perfectly balanced.

Also remember it's completely consistent to opine about balance while also making proud claims that you have never before played as allies.
15 Feb 2015, 02:14 AM

we play axis because tanks are cooler and we like bigger challenge
15 Feb 2015, 02:14 AM
Honorary Member Badge

i think there are far to many factors that this anayiss ignores. to why people play axis (or allies for that matter). when the soviets were OP as fuck at one point i was still consistently seeing more players playing germans than soviets. (this was b4 okw) atleast in my search bar. (that said tha percent thing doesn't tell you all that much about the overall game.)

because of the historical ties of the factions we have that pulling for why people play each faction as apposed to just i like this style of play or that. which i won't go into because discussing politics sounds like a bad idea unless ofc you want the thread to turn into a shit fest.

that is just one of the more unique reasons why you play one facton or the other compared to most rts which are set in a fantasy setting.
15 Feb 2015, 03:03 AM

15 Feb 2015, 03:08 AM
Benefactor 115

we play axis because axis provides the biggest challenge, size of their tanks is proportional to the challenge axis provides and is a nice perk.
15 Feb 2015, 03:15 AM

I play Ost when i get sick of Okw.
I play soviets when i get sick of maxim spam,usf elite troop meta.
15 Feb 2015, 04:53 AM

No, OKW is the a-move faction. Ostheer is the weakest. USA and even Soviets are a-move aswell. Rifles running straight into MG42 and finishing it off is standard gameplay.

Bullshit. Ostheer 4 men squads die the fastest. Losing Ostheer squads is incredibly easy.

If you are referring to armor: This game is asymmetrically balanced and inspired by historic events. Guess who had the better performing tanks? So who gets the stronger ones and who gets the cheaper ones? Perfectly logic that Germans have some armor advantage piece by piece.

The real problem of this game is overperforming USF and OKW. Those are the a-move factions.

How are you defining performance?
15 Feb 2015, 05:30 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I play OKW when i'm lazy and i don't want to micro. "Too stresful" to play OH or USF :(
15 Feb 2015, 05:41 AM

we play axis because tanks are cooler and we like bigger challenge
15 Feb 2015, 05:59 AM

You play Axis because their tanks are stronger and you're thinking that it will help you win. L2P lol !!!!

P.s. For team games, it's now balanced enough that the best team will always win no matter the faction chosen.

Long live to COH2, the true king of team RTS.
15 Feb 2015, 06:03 AM
Honorary Member Badge

ugh guys this thread wasn't to bash other players reguardless of whether they were on the forum or not. it was the answer the queston the OP asked. i know we can do it respectfully while explaining why you think etc... (in other wards you guys are toeing the line.)

edit: whoops i didn't invis anything on this thread must have been another one.

back on topic folks.
15 Feb 2015, 06:49 AM

How are you defining performance?

Armour, Gun, Mobility, and Kill Ratio I'd assume.
15 Feb 2015, 07:00 AM

People play Axis the most because Axis is actually fun. Severely reduced BS chance you can face (120mm on Crossing is a thing I admit), and far more actually viable options. If Soviet T3/T4 weren't so bad, Jacksons were reliable, and more than half the commanders for both USF and Soviets weren't utter trash, Allied players would rise in numbers. Right now the only reason to play Allies is to club unaware players with Urban Defense on maps like Ettelbrück and Trois Points or rise up to the challenge of having a very low chance to actually beat someone of similar skill level.

This is for 2v2, very few people care about 1v1 and even fewer people care about those people.
15 Feb 2015, 07:43 AM

This is for 2v2, very few people care about 1v1 and even fewer people care about those people.

^Feeling a little self entitled today are we.....
15 Feb 2015, 07:50 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Defamatory post invised.
15 Feb 2015, 07:57 AM

Ostheer and OKW have lots of synergy togeather, it's pretty well documented and it's why they do so well in team games together. They fill each others "holes" if you will.

Soviets and USF don't really have that, both have very good early game, and very good mid game, then eh.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★