Login

russian armor

If you were in charge of a Relic developer team....

16 Feb 2015, 14:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Feb 2015, 08:29 AMCruzz

OKW is a badly designed faction because they have no real option except a massive infantry blob, and even that infantry is all equipped exactly the same as they have no differing infantry upgrades either. Just twiddling numbers around is not going to change the fact they have no real support weapon play, and their resource income situation coupled with stupidly good AT on their base infantry makes skipping all their lighter vehicles and going straight to heavy vehicles the optimal choice in every game. From a purely design rather than gameplay point of view it also makes no sense for the late war german faction to have almost no automatic infantry weapons but have massive squads of cheap infantry rivaling the soviets.

So STGs, lmg34 and FG42s will count as non automatic weapons? Interesting.
And what did Germany have in fact in late 44 - 45? Tanks? Planes maybe? They had volksturm and what was left from some SS divisions. Most of their regular army was reduced to dust. Relic said they wanted to illustrate the German Army in that period, at its full decline. They didn't do it to well, because OKW infantry is to strong but I think they had little options related to army build in such conditions. No flack building? What would you prefer, the rotating 88 emplacement? Could you stand the "OP OP!" cries afterwards? Several flack vehicles like wiberlwinds, flack panzers, and so on and all skies denied for any allied plane? That wouldn't be balanced eather.

Soviets are badly designed because without a (very specific) doctrinal choice they lack both infantry that can do anything in the late game, and vehicles that can do anything in the late game. Far better designed than the massive blobberino of OKW, but that's not high praise.

Soviets were build to rely on their call-ins. What would you want, an Ostheer version 2? How dull would this be for the game as a whole?

USF are a version of OKW that doesn't get any heavy tanks to hinge on in exchange for not having the weird resource situation. They too, like OKW, lack meaningful support weapon choices, leading to heavy infantry blobs, and their armor situation quickly deteriorates in the late game due to the high DPS paper armor vehicle selection coupled with the lack of infantry support at that stage of the game.

So, you want all armies to be built in the same way, all of them have the same unit types but with different names. Got it.
16 Feb 2015, 15:07 PM

Cruzz is slightly biased. Let him has his opinion.

On topic; Just remove the cheesy units and abilities which have turned the game into an abusive playground for sadists and socially retarded kids. A few examples: Schwere panzer Flak Hq, Kubel wagon, KoengisTiger, free Santa Claus LMGs, IS2, StuG E, GrW34, M3 Clown Car, Flametrhowers for The SU,
20 Feb 2015, 15:38 PM

Bump. Move voting less posting.
21 Feb 2015, 02:22 AM

I voted already, but the poll seems to be gone

nope i'm just retarded
21 Feb 2015, 10:56 AM

If I were in charge of a Relic developer team I'd comment on this thread.
21 Feb 2015, 10:58 AM

Permanently Banned
21 Feb 2015, 12:44 PM

Voted for: 'Revisiting existing content and making adjustments (example: unit balancing, map balance, bug fixes)'

(I'd also like new OkW and USF commanders, though)
21 Feb 2015, 13:24 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Voted for: 'Revisiting existing content and making adjustments (example: unit balancing, map balance, bug fixes)'

(I'd also like new OkW and USF commanders, though)

eh id probably have to vote this. :) since my other option didn't pan out.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United States 2
United Kingdom 159
unknown 10

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak