Login

russian armor

If you were in charge of a Relic developer team....

13 Feb 2015, 22:06 PM

WFA factions would still have shook balance big time

Or perhaps,perhaps, using some intelligence you could build new factions around the old ones so they aren't totally broken.
14 Feb 2015, 00:12 AM

Just as an aside, I really dug that relic updated the old Wher P4 skin with their gorgeous OKW version. Not sure what category that falls under but it was a welcome change to see the old VCoH model/skin finally retired.

Not something I'd prioritize over balance but cool nonetheless.
14 Feb 2015, 01:25 AM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Feb 2015, 19:55 PMNapalm
The responses should be very interesting. I suspect there will be a complete split in responses. I was wrong.

I voted other:

What does my boss want me to do?

What are the priorities and objectives of the Company?
Neo
14 Feb 2015, 01:30 AM

I have aspergers syndrome so for me it is very nice that I know what is going to happen each 1v1 game I play.

Is the right answer.
14 Feb 2015, 01:32 AM

Really? I am like one of the only ones that think factions need overhauls? OKW resource penalty leading to blobbing of Shreks Obers? Soviets Call in day all day? USF rifle spam only?

Interesting....
14 Feb 2015, 01:35 AM
Patrion 28

no, you're one of the only ones who think it has a higher priority than balance/bugs
14 Feb 2015, 01:41 AM

As a player I wanna balance game

but If I was in charge I'd say to my team - guys you know how greedy I am so do whatever you want but only that what increasing my BANK ACCOUNT

the game would be over soon but who cares. Create another one to make more money

14 Feb 2015, 02:03 AM

Revisit for ostheer.
Change core functionality for all the other factions.
14 Feb 2015, 03:43 AM

Let's just hope that someone with some sway at Relic looks at this poll and finally realise what the Multiplayer community has wanted all along - REAL bug fixes and REAL, significant balance changes.

No one cares about skins, no one cares about Decals, no one cares about faceplates, Hell, most people don't even want new commanders because that will further disrupt the already poor balance of the game.

If Relic actually release a couple of REAL bug fix patches and balance patches there is a good chance that a lot of old players will slowly come back to coh2 and bring their friends (and therefore more sales) to the game.
14 Feb 2015, 05:24 AM

Since Sega is selling off titles it might be cool if the COH franchise once again has a developer that deserves it.
14 Feb 2015, 05:31 AM
Benefactor 115

Since Sega is selling off titles it might be cool if the COH franchise once again has a developer that deserves it.

thats news to me.
14 Feb 2015, 05:35 AM

Its easy to say what one would like to do, but in order for me accurately answer this I need a basis of staff/funds/resources in general at my disposal
14 Feb 2015, 05:58 AM

Source?
14 Feb 2015, 07:44 AM
Patrion 27

LOL, this is priceless.
14 Feb 2015, 08:02 AM

It is a commonly held game design myth that 'balance' is somehow separate from 'design'.

Design: Germany should get a super cool heavy tank!
Balance: King tiger has 1 Frontal Armour

WTF? How is that a heavy tank? It has 1 Frontal Armour!
Because all weapons have 0.01 armour penetration!

Design: OKW is a resource starved faction
Balance: OKW has 100% resource income

WTF? How is that resource starved?
Because OKW units cost 30% more.

You are in a virtual computer world. Virtual computer worlds are created by NUMBERS. Separating design from balance is like separating space and time - the "fabric" our real world exists in. You can't do it.

There is no such thing as a faction that is so poorly designed it is either OP or UP. You cannot have 9.99 Armour Penetration on a unit that is underpowered, but buffing that unit to 9.999 Armour Penetration makes it overpowered. MINOR TWEAKS TO NUMBERS IN A WORLD MADE BY NUMBERS WILL ALWAYS AFFECT BALANCE.

Saying that OKW is a poorly designed faction that needs to be reworked, or that Soviet is a poorly designed faction that needs to be reworked is thus simply meaningless. If Obers do too much damage, reduce their damage. If Soviet stock units suck, buff their stock units. If Soviet Call-Ins are OP, nerf their call ins. You CANNOT reach a 'mathematical zugzwang' position where buffing a unit by 0.01 makes it OP, but nerfing it by 0.01 makes it UP.

tl;dr "Balance changes" and "design changes" are the same point. add them together.
14 Feb 2015, 08:22 AM

thats news to me.

They lost a lot of money on most of their games in late 2014 and early 15' flopping, and the rumor on the block is that they are going to sell of titles like Bayonetta.

It's kind of a pipe dream that COH might actually get a compitent developer, but a man can dream can't he? That's what this poll is about after all.
14 Feb 2015, 08:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Feb 2015, 08:02 AMdpfarce

Saying that OKW is a poorly designed faction that needs to be reworked, or that Soviet is a poorly designed faction that needs to be reworked is thus simply meaningless. If Obers do too much damage, reduce their damage. If Soviet stock units suck, buff their stock units. If Soviet Call-Ins are OP, nerf their call ins.

OKW is a badly designed faction because they have no real option except a massive infantry blob, and even that infantry is all equipped exactly the same as they have no differing infantry upgrades either. Just twiddling numbers around is not going to change the fact they have no real support weapon play, and their resource income situation coupled with stupidly good AT on their base infantry makes skipping all their lighter vehicles and going straight to heavy vehicles the optimal choice in every game. From a purely design rather than gameplay point of view it also makes no sense for the late war german faction to have almost no automatic infantry weapons but have massive squads of cheap infantry rivaling the soviets.

Soviets are badly designed because without a (very specific) doctrinal choice they lack both infantry that can do anything in the late game, and vehicles that can do anything in the late game. Far better designed than the massive blobberino of OKW, but that's not high praise.

USF are a version of OKW that doesn't get any heavy tanks to hinge on in exchange for not having the weird resource situation. They too, like OKW, lack meaningful support weapon choices, leading to heavy infantry blobs, and their armor situation quickly deteriorates in the late game due to the high DPS paper armor vehicle selection coupled with the lack of infantry support at that stage of the game.
14 Feb 2015, 08:31 AM
Honorary Member Badge

i was gonna post what id say but i can't find a good enough image reference... :*(
14 Feb 2015, 08:54 AM

Problem with this poll is that it is directed at the gamers, with no focus on the economics of the company. OF course in a dreamworld we have enough money to just focus on making a game, that people allready have paid for, better for many years. But in reality i would place most of my workerbees on making new content ( single and multiplayer, but after voorts numbers probably singleplayer ). Thats why i voted content!

I was thinking along these lines myself. If they aren't making some money off of new addons and/or factions like in vCoH then they won't be developing or fixing anything that is wrong with the game now. Maybe adding some new units to help counter units already in the game would be an idea. Kind of like how we replaced units we wanted to use when TOV came out in vCoH.
14 Feb 2015, 09:13 AM
Donator 11

I just want a proper ladder system and a fix to the callin meta. Hopefully some expensive fuel global upgrades aswell for all factions.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★