Login

russian armor

Chinese Army Video

11 May 2013, 15:59 PM

They way they march is so damn awesome..

11 May 2013, 16:11 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

11 May 2013, 18:12 PM

after years of civil war, humiliation from Western countries, 8 year war against Japan... they are now a true superpower with biggest army ever, 1 billion citizens, well equipped and extremely trained soldiers and what is more important - they don't owe money to anyone, if they would ask now Mericans to return their money to them, what Merica would say? I heard they had plans to give them some technologies but i don't know if it's a good idea

about vid - nice one MVGame
11 May 2013, 18:19 PM

yeah.. after watching this video.. makes you think and ask yourself.. whos the real superpower now in the world..
11 May 2013, 18:52 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Corporations.
11 May 2013, 19:00 PM

after years of civil war, humiliation from Western countries, 8 year war against Japan... they are now a true superpower with biggest army ever, 1 billion citizens, well equipped and extremely trained soldiers and what is more important - they don't owe money to anyone, if they would ask now Mericans to return their money to them, what Merica would say? I heard they had plans to give them some technologies but i don't know if it's a good idea

Parading about in synchronised, straight lines is all very impressive. But the time taken to learn how to do it, is time not used to learn survival tactics. Plus, soldier spam is not good against MGs (COH as proof).
11 May 2013, 21:59 PM

it's called "discipline" dear boy
11 May 2013, 22:37 PM

Parading about in synchronised, straight lines is all very impressive. But the time taken to learn how to do it, is time not used to learn survival tactics. Plus, soldier spam is not good against MGs (COH as proof).

A standing army today is today more about boasting than actually fighting wars. The discipline makes them seem more organized and better, though spending every second of those parade lessons training for survival would make them better warriors, parades and stuff make them a better army.
12 May 2013, 05:06 AM

Pretty damn impressive. US still has the strongest military in the world but how long would that last I wonder...
12 May 2013, 05:22 AM

You shouldn't sound so smug sunshine, because it isn't the EU, and definitely not China that guarantees Poland's independence from Russia..
12 May 2013, 08:43 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

You shouldn't sound so smug sunshine, because it isn't the EU, and definitely not China that guarantees Poland's independence from Russia..

Ahem....I doubt if anybody can (or does) guarantee Poland's independence.

The guarantee by France and UK in 1939 was conceivably one of the biggest diplomatic disasters of the modern era. It gave no physical support to Poland , probably precipitated the Blitzkrieg and left the 2 "Superpowers" committed to a European land war.....and you know what occurred in 1940, no?

As for more recent times, this piece confirms that the USA is withdrawing from its intended missile placements - and thank God for that! I mean, did you ever seriously think that stationing missiles in Poland would be a defence for the USA against Iran? You do know that Merkins are hopeless at geography?

As it is, they even counsel their citizens toStay away
12 May 2013, 09:32 AM

Merica build anti-missle thing in Poland in case Arabs or soviets attacked Europe with nuclear bombs
12 May 2013, 09:51 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

I don't think so, Barton

Explaining the rationale behind the initial plans for American outposts in Poland and Romania, Hagel said, "the purpose was to add to the protection of the US homeland already provided by our current [ground-based interceptors] against missile threats from the Middle East."

(my italics)

source
12 May 2013, 10:46 AM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Wow thanks for posting Sturmovik. Very impressive.
12 May 2013, 14:37 PM

A standing army today is today more about boasting than actually fighting wars. The discipline makes them seem more organized and better, though spending every second of those parade lessons training for survival would make them better warriors, parades and stuff make them a better army.

True, it is a political statement. But to roughly quote an SAS man, how many soldiers can hold their nerves together when they are being shelled in foxholes so intensively that they can not even think. Anyway, I think China will never enter a war they don't think they will win. All it takes is one Vietnam or Afghanistan and the governmental structure is toast.
13 May 2013, 00:16 AM

I don't think so, Barton

(my italics)

source

that's what i said? ofc not only to protect Europe but also Merica, wasn't it obvious?
13 May 2013, 05:32 AM

Ahem....I doubt if anybody can (or does) guarantee Poland's independence.

The guarantee by France and UK in 1939 was conceivably one of the biggest diplomatic disasters of the modern era. It gave no physical support to Poland , probably precipitated the Blitzkrieg and left the 2 "Superpowers" committed to a European land war.....and you know what occurred in 1940, no?

As for more recent times, this piece confirms that the USA is withdrawing from its intended missile placements - and thank God for that! I mean, did you ever seriously think that stationing missiles in Poland would be a defence for the USA against Iran? You do know that Merkins are hopeless at geography?

As it is, they even counsel their citizens toStay away

If you're going to use the 40's as an example of how Poland cannot/won't be defended or supported by it's allies today (because of course the geopolitical scene is unchanged in 70 years..) then I think i'm done here.
All I was saying was that American hegemony on the world scene combined with Polish membership of NATO was an important source of security for Poland and that Poles like Barton shouldn't want that position compromised.
Your source also doesn't support this notion of an American 'withdrawal' from Poland, just inconsistency in the shaping of these Missile plans, so that's a bit of fail there on your part.
Lastly, missile systems and their counter measures operate over huge distances, so if you didn't see the utility of having bases in Poland to defend from threats to Europe and America that originate in Asia (i.e, Russia/Iran) then you're in no position to criticise others Geography skills MVGame
14 May 2013, 19:19 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

If you're going to use the 40's as an example of how Poland cannot/won't be defended or supported by it's allies today (because of course the geopolitical scene is unchanged in 70 years..) then I think i'm done here.

Those who ignore the lessons of history, Mr Toad, are doomed to repeat them.

All I was saying was that American hegemony on the world scene combined with Polish membership of NATO was an important source of security for Poland and that Poles like Barton shouldn't want that position compromised.

But...but... you do realize that many take the opposite PoV? If you go around poking a stick in a bush where a tiger may be lurking, it might come out and maul you...It's not OK for the USSR to stick missiles in Cuba, but it is OK for the USA to stick missiles in Poland? You're having a laugh, aincha?

Your source also doesn't support this notion of an American 'withdrawal' from Poland, just inconsistency in the shaping of these Missile plans, so that's a bit of fail there on your part.

Read my lips: keep your missiles in the USA and play with them, polish them, repaint them or do whatever you like with them within your own territory, but kindly do not place them in other countries which then makes those countries targets for attack.

Lastly, missile systems and their counter measures operate over huge distances, so if you didn't see the utility of having bases in Poland to defend from threats to Europe and America that originate in Asia (i.e, Russia/Iran) then you're in no position to criticise others Geography skills MVGame

They were not placed there to defend Yurp: they were placed there to deflect attacks onto Yurp, in place of the good' ole boys. Or are you in denial MVGame?
14 May 2013, 19:22 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

They way they march is so damn awesome..

They dress like American military, march like Russian military, seem to have tanks like the Panzers and hard faces like the IJA. Just no!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★