Login

russian armor

M2HB .50 Cal Machine Gun

9 Feb 2015, 12:24 PM

Anyone else think that this could do with a damage buff? If it's damage output was increased against inf and light armor I think this could just be what the US need vs Obers and Volks blobs. It could be buffed so that if a careless player walks into it with their inf they dealt enough damage to prevent them from countering it head on.
9 Feb 2015, 12:37 PM

As long as it shoots normal bullets, Obers do not give a shit about it, or about any other small arms fire.

The HMG is fine with suppression and already does above average dps, its problem is fragility, rec acc debuff and axis long range firepower, which means 2 of pretty much any squads above volks can a-move it frontally as long as they are not on top of each other.
9 Feb 2015, 12:39 PM
9 Feb 2015, 13:14 PM
Donator 22

I dont really have issues with its performance. I just dont like that it´s more expenisive and takes more pop cap than other HMGs.
9 Feb 2015, 13:20 PM

With DPS inflation following the release of WFA, it is time to remove the 25% received accuracy penalty from all weapon teams.
9 Feb 2015, 13:25 PM

With DPS inflation following the release of WFA, it is time to remove the 25% received accuracy penalty from all weapon teams.

And partisans never killed another model ever again.

Issue is(as usual) with OKW and their immense firepower they are getting for MP only while ALL other armies simply need to pay munis or do not have such option at all.
9 Feb 2015, 13:38 PM

Nothing is wrong with the m2 itself. The problem is the crew wears special bullet magnet vests. They want to die.

Actually I use it offensively. Trail it behind the rifles and engage from distance and it does well. Just make sure nothing shoots at it and you'll be surprised how effective it is. Sprint helps it keep up with the rifles.
9 Feb 2015, 13:50 PM

As long as it shoots normal bullets, Obers do not give a shit about it, or about any other small arms fire.

The HMG is fine with suppression and already does above average dps, its problem is fragility, rec acc debuff and axis long range firepower, which means 2 of pretty much any squads above volks can a-move it frontally as long as they are not on top of each other.

I suggest adding "Silver Bullets" ability, specially for countering Obers.
9 Feb 2015, 13:56 PM

I suggest adding "Silver Bullets" ability, specially for countering Obers.

Actually, with their rec acc modifier and vet bonuses, nothing short of this will hurt them when it comes to infantry weapons.
9 Feb 2015, 14:28 PM

Not to mention the .5o cal gets one shotted by rifle nades too many times.
9 Feb 2015, 15:11 PM
Donator 33

All HMGs are fine IMO.

Two squads should always win against an unsupported HMG. If two inf squads can simply run up to your HMG and wipe it, it's your fault.

What really bothers me is that even single units can just run straight up to HMGs, throw a nade and force a retreat.

Suppressed squads shouldn't be able to use frag nades and smoke nade range should be reduced.

This would discourage blobbing and make HMGs more powerful against single units even if they're unsupported.
9 Feb 2015, 16:19 PM
Patrion 14

.50cal is a 4-man squad with a 25% received accuracy modifier that goes up against factions designed to deal with 6-man weapon teams.

This penalty was introduced back when it was only Vanilla factions, (AND before March Deployment if memory serves, while small arms were pretty meh) because it would take forever after flanking a Maxim or a MG42 to actually kill it with small arms.

I have nothing against that penalty by the way, it is nice that weapon teams are more vulnerable than main line infantry.

But to put things into perspective, you need the amount small arms fire required to kill just a bit over 3 riflemen to completely drop a .50cal squad.

This affects all US 4 man weapon teams but the MG is the one most often exposed to enemy small arms fire, so this is where people notice it the most.

Even without Obersoldaten in the discussion this is clearly problematic.

Now proceed to include Obers into the equation and laugh.
9 Feb 2015, 16:45 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Or adjust the DPS of the WFA factions and some other changes (so easy to nade/Riflenade while supressed)
9 Feb 2015, 17:17 PM

Regardin' The dps and suppression output the .50cal provides probably the best mix of the HMG42 and the Maxim, however it suffers from low survivability, so make sure to always support it.
9 Feb 2015, 18:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Feb 2015, 17:17 PMofield
Regardin' The dps and suppression output the .50cal provides probably the best mix of the HMG42 and the Maxim, however it suffers from low survivability, so make sure to always support it.

Even when supported it is ganked too easily by a rifle nade or a few ober mg34 bursts and then the USF player is out 280 mp.

Even when supported it just isn't viable right now imo.
9 Feb 2015, 18:07 PM

Who needs the m2 when you can suppress with m1919's?

I rarely see the m2...
9 Feb 2015, 18:13 PM
Donator 33

Even when supported it is ganked too easily by a rifle nade or a few ober mg34 bursts and then the USF player is out 280 mp.

If you don't lose the weapon you don't lose the MP. Re-crewing + reinforcing with Echelons costs you less than 80MP. Riflemen cost slightly more.

The crew is too easily killed. The best thing is probably to reduce the received accuracy penalty or to remove it.
9 Feb 2015, 22:16 PM

I would think the .50 cal BMG (12.7×99mm NATO) would have better armor penetration and infantry suppression/kills than the MG42 7.92×57mm or M1910 Maxim 7.62×54mm. But that's only reality talking. Why make it a .50 cal when it has less/similar stats to the MG42? Make it the .30 cal, like in CoH1.

Crappy that the MG42 with AP is better anti-armor than the .50 BMG!!!
9 Feb 2015, 22:40 PM

I would think the .50 cal BMG (12.7×99mm NATO) would have better armor penetration and infantry suppression/kills than the MG42 7.92×57mm or M1910 Maxim 7.62×54mm. But that's only reality talking. Why make it a .50 cal when it has less/similar stats to the MG42? Make it the .30 cal, like in CoH1.

Crappy that the MG42 with AP is better anti-armor than the .50 BMG!!!

Real life takes a backseat to balance.

But yes they gave real life the finger in this case. Anything short of a medium tank should be shredded by a .50 cal. I remember seeing one tear through a busted out tank when I was in boot camp.
9 Feb 2015, 22:55 PM

Real life takes a backseat to balance.

But yes they gave real life the finger in this case. Anything short of a medium tank should be shredded by a .50 cal. I remember seeing one tear through a busted out tank when I was in boot camp.

Oh, it does. It'll go through 1" of armor plate easy and shred infantry. When I first started playing CoH2, I was like Woohoo!!! Then to see it's no better/worse (no AP) than any of the other HMGs, big disappointment.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★