Login

russian armor

Pack Howie and LeIG, no skill squadwipe

8 Feb 2015, 22:44 PM

Damn it, it isn't even funny. Just build one put it behind the line they delete squad automatically.
8 Feb 2015, 22:45 PM

Permanently Banned
Mortars are better
8 Feb 2015, 22:49 PM

Most squad wiping requires no skill. Just opportunity.
8 Feb 2015, 22:51 PM

Haha, i love your threads Porygon :D

"goes ingame, experiences an unit being effective AND used against him, posts a new thread"
8 Feb 2015, 23:21 PM

"goes ingame, experiences an unit being effective AND used against him, posts a new thread"

If something is effective because it is skill, I appreciate.
If something is like this, fuck this shit.
8 Feb 2015, 23:27 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Lmao IKR its like every time this guy has a loss he feels the need to come complain about something
8 Feb 2015, 23:27 PM

If something is effective because it is skill, I appreciate.
If something is like this, fuck this shit.

Proper mortar and howie positioning is skill

Knowing when to retreat is skill

Barrage placed in the right place at the right time is skill
8 Feb 2015, 23:31 PM

The LeIG is fucking horrible, the thing hits once in a blue moon and when it does it does piss all for damage. It vets up horribly slow to.
8 Feb 2015, 23:32 PM

Proper mortar and howie positioning is skill

Knowing when to retreat is skill

Barrage placed in the right place at the right time is skill

lol, more funny is both unit barrage is shitty, but autofire is perfectly accurate, that pissed me off.
8 Feb 2015, 23:40 PM

lol, more funny is both unit barrage is shitty, but autofire is perfectly accurate, that pissed me off.

You can't be serious. Autofire is less or equal accurate than barrage, that is why you have a barrage option, not just attack ground.
8 Feb 2015, 23:46 PM

You can't be serious. Autofire is less or equal accurate than barrage, that is why you have a barrage option, not just attack ground.

Do a test with these two units first, thank you.

I am pissed because in COH2 these two guys barrage are actually different and relatively inaccurate, you are NOT rewarding by manually barrage the target.

Pack Howie barrage just shoot 3 or 4 so-call anti-tank round basically does nothing, and have a long cooldown. If you leave it auto-fire, it is just shooting non-stop.

Same logic for the LeIG, the difference only the cool-down isn't that stupid long, just auto-fire still WTFBBQPwn.
8 Feb 2015, 23:53 PM

Do a test with these two units first, thank you.

I am pissed because in COH2 these two guys barrage are actually different and relatively inaccurate, you are NOT rewarding by manually barrage the target.

Pack Howie barrage just shoot 3 or 4 so-call anti-tank round basically does nothing, and have a long cooldown. If you leave it auto-fire, it is just shooting non-stop.

Same logic for the LeIG, the difference only the cool-down isn't that stupid long, just auto-fire still WTFBBQPwn.

You can't be good in this game if you still haven't understood its basic concepts. If you want to play a game that has no RNG involved, go play chess.

And manual barraging is quite rewarding, you just need to know when and where to do it
9 Feb 2015, 00:20 AM

The LeIG is fucking horrible, the thing hits once in a blue moon and when it does it does piss all for damage. It vets up horribly slow to.

Not that the veterancy matters a lot on the leIG anyway. You won't even get a single bonus to the accuracy even on Vet 5.

Vet 1: AT shells; rarely does an enemy just keep his vehicle stand around for very long, and even if he does chances are you are not hitting anyway, and even if you hit once it won't matter usually
Vet 2: reduced received accuracy, not really that amazing on such a unit, would in my opinion better fit as Vet 4 or 5 to "protect" your previous veterancy boni
Vet 3: more range and faster recharge on barrage, which is nice, but nothing on normal auto firing mode
Vet 4: more shells on barrage, quite nice but again nothing on auto firing mode
Vet 5: finally more damage and also more penetration, also on auto firing mode

On most games I won't even get to Vet 3 with my gun, so I don't get any relevant boost from veterancy. Of course, when I do I am really happy, but I think the veterancy boni should be looked at.
9 Feb 2015, 00:25 AM

too easy to decrew those weapons.... never seen a vet 4/5 lelG.
9 Feb 2015, 01:55 AM

Permanently Banned
Mortars may be better than both. But pack howitzers can squadwipe. Especially at vet 2 when its damage doubles. And people want howitzers buffed? Yeah lets go back to the whole wipe 8+ squads a match due to howitzer barrages. Fuck artillery its just a hand of God emplacement that deletes squads that you can do little about if you're not constantly shifting every squad you have that is within range every 20 seconds. Mortars are fine because their AOE is small enough to where it doesn't really cause 1 hit full health instawipes.

Edit: Apparently pack howitzer double damage is no longer a thing
9 Feb 2015, 02:14 AM

Mortars are generally better than both.
They:
-Tend to be more accurate
-Can retreat
-Cost way less
-Soviet one can precision shot
-Vet faster
-Don't get de-crewed at 2 men (Pack howie)
-Hit the field earlier

So yeah.. they kinda are just better.
9 Feb 2015, 02:33 AM

Pretty sure its known that the auto-fire is leaps and bounds better than the barrage on the pak howitzer and the OKW counterpart, in fact I've read before that barraging with them is usually just a bad choice over auto-fire(unless your attacking a static position or retreat point etc).
9 Feb 2015, 02:44 AM
Patrion 14

Mortars may be better than both. But pack howitzers can squadwipe. Especially at vet 2 when its damage doubles. And people want howitzers buffed? Yeah lets go back to the whole wipe 8+ squads a match due to howitzer barrages. Fuck artillery its just a hand of God emplacement that deletes squads that you can do little about if you're not constantly shifting every squad you have that is within range every 20 seconds. Mortars are fine because their AOE is small enough to where it doesn't really cause 1 hit full health instawipes.

This is completely outdated ever since the last patch. The pack-howitzer no longer gains the ability to fire heat rounds at vet 2 with the standard attack. The effeciency also seems overstated even considering how it performed before the patch.

Now the pack-howie, just like the isg, is an overpriced mortar that comes much later, is less effecient and struggles on urban maps due to projectile trajectories that collide with buildings.
9 Feb 2015, 03:53 AM

You can't be good in this game if you still haven't understood its basic concepts. If you want to play a game that has no RNG involved, go play chess.

And manual barraging is quite rewarding, you just need to know when and where to do it

<444>_<444> :facepalm: :wave:
9 Feb 2015, 04:32 AM

I kinda agree with Porygon here. I find the M1 crucial to my success in every game due to the massive manpower bleed it causes. If I can't afford one, I'll steal an LeIG and cause the same damage. These 2 guns are more reliable than the mortars for me.

Only on urban maps like Ettelbruck Station I prefer the mortars for the high angle shot.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United States 5
unknown 5

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment