Login

russian armor

Attrib file changes between patches

6 Feb 2015, 14:25 PM

A few people - cruzz, for one - seem to be aware of exactly which files (units, abilities, weapons, etc.) are modified after a patch, and post lists of 'ninja' changes on this forum.

That's great, but is there a precise method to this? Is there a way to see exactly which attrib files have been edited? I think it would be very useful for modders if - assuming this is possible - someone could post a list of all of these changed files after every live patch.

I think this would be a great way of keeping mods up to date with any changes to the live game.
6 Feb 2015, 14:30 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diff_utility

Pretty sure Cruzz uses a form of this. I'm note sure how this works on Windows but on Linux it's as simple as specifying a command (diff) from the command line and specifying the files.

It'll basically compare the two files for changes and find the differences, so you can use it across the files of two patches and find the exact changes.
6 Feb 2015, 14:32 PM
Benefactor 115

I guess you could make a git repository out of them and it will tell you
6 Feb 2015, 14:36 PM

I just think it'd be really useful if someone could post a list of changed files after every patch. It's something that could benefit all modders.
6 Feb 2015, 14:50 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

They way I used to do it was extracting the current sga file and convert from rgd to txt. Then when the patch came out do the same for the new sga file. Then use WinMerge to compare the two different folders.

THere is probably a less manpower intensive way for is. I could do it now but I dont have the old sga file
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★