Login

russian armor

New faction British??

PAGES (23)down
10 Feb 2015, 15:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2015, 15:36 PMExardus

Seams someone is humourless, this is still a game so do not pretend it needs to follow some facts.

Moreover Japan fought against Soviets and USA

Japan in Europe?
Great! But I want IS3, Super Pershing and Maus!
10 Feb 2015, 16:12 PM

Japan in Europe?
Great! But I want IS3, Super Pershing and Maus!

USA in Stalingrad, Rzhev, Moscow outskirts COME ON PLS, who gives a fuck where is the setting.

They didn't follow that pattern in the first place, why they need to follow it now?????
10 Feb 2015, 17:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2015, 16:12 PMExardus

USA in Stalingrad, Rzhev, Moscow outskirts COME ON PLS, who gives a fuck where is the setting.

They didn't follow that pattern in the first place, why they need to follow it now?????

Mixed Allies is pretty much a 1946 what-if scenario, that's how I reconcile the absurdity.
10 Feb 2015, 17:20 PM

Lol at the people who are against an Imperial Japanese Army faction because it isn't realistic. Keep in mind, CoH2 isn't a simulator and we've had many outlandish/stylish units that spits on historical authenticity.

In CoH1 we had the Knights Cross Holders and a US sniper. For CoH2 we have Russians and Americans double teaming the Germans in Russia, or in France. Anything can happen as long as the units, vehicles and etc are from WW2.
10 Feb 2015, 17:24 PM

Lol at the people who are against an Imperial Japanese Army faction because it isn't realistic. Keep in mind, CoH2 isn't a simulator and we've had many outlandish/stylish units that spits on historical authenticity.

In CoH1 we had the Knights Cross Holders and a US sniper. For CoH2 we have Russians and Americans double teaming the Germans in Russia, or in France. Anything can happen as long as the units, vehicles and etc are from WW2.

I used custom skins in CoH1 and made KCH look like veteran NCOs...they became my favorite unit to this date.
10 Feb 2015, 17:25 PM

Mixed Allies is pretty much a 1946 what-if scenario, that's how I reconcile the absurdity.

+1
10 Feb 2015, 17:28 PM

Call me crazy but shouldn't we focus on balancing and removing the bugs we currently have before introducing a new factions, ingame currency, etc?
10 Feb 2015, 17:30 PM

Yeah exactly, each individual faction and map has to on its own be roughly based on history.

But its not life or death for every potential encounter to be fully historically accurate.

Dont forget they considered mirror matching for a little while.
10 Feb 2015, 17:35 PM

I think that Relic is doing the italians, i hope this. I hope that this make war not love roman skin means that the italian faction is coming ... DO THIS RELIC PLEASE!

PS: i know that romans aren't the same as italian people, but i can't understand the connection between Rome and Tokyo.
10 Feb 2015, 17:39 PM

Italy can't be added because they had the worst military in WW2. They used mostly old German weapons, vehicles and etc and most Italian soldiers would rather retreat from a fight, than actually fight the battle. Even Japan had better tanks, weapons and soldiers than Italy, and Japan wasn't even recognised for their Army, but rather for their astounding Navy, artillery and Air Force.

Italy won't be added and you can quote me on that.
10 Feb 2015, 17:41 PM

I think that Relic is doing the italians, i hope this. I hope that this make war not love roman skin means that the italian faction is coming ... DO THIS RELIC PLEASE!

PS: i know that romans aren't the same as italian people, but i can't understand the connection between Rome and Tokyo.

But there is a connection between Rome and the competing game in the competition. :S

I still want commanders released for all factions that include very rare vehicles that either showed up too late or only existed on paper once said anti-Japan is released. Because why not?
10 Feb 2015, 17:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2015, 17:28 PMGdot
Call me crazy but shouldn't we focus on balancing and removing the bugs we currently have before introducing a new factions, ingame currency, etc?

Balance is important, no one disputes. But the balance between the USSR and Wehrmacht polished the whole year. And came to the Western Front. Wait for a new balance for another year? The game just bored everyone.

I play Company of Heroes with a closed beta test. US and OKW bored me. I'm waiting new faction.
10 Feb 2015, 17:52 PM

Maybe not Italians, but Germans allies like Italy, Finland and Romania with early/mid game units while late-game could be supported by Germans.

You should be banned from talking about history after "facts" we saw in this thread presented by you :lol:
10 Feb 2015, 17:59 PM

Italy can't be added because they had the worst military in WW2. They used mostly old German weapons, vehicles and etc and most Italian soldiers would rather retreat from a fight, than actually fight the battle. Even Japan had better tanks, weapons and soldiers than Italy, and Japan wasn't even recognised for their Army, but rather for their astounding Navy, artillery and Air Force.

I'll quote man:
- being the worst army in WW2, i can agree, i don't think the worst but everyone knows that they lost in almost every theater of war they fought.
- Italy never used old german weapons, i don't know why you should say this because it isn't true.
- Most of the italian soldiers would rather retreat from a fight isn't true. This happened during Operation Compass and never more. But the main reason is, we have only infantry, they have many heavy tanks and we have only light tanks and little AT guns, if you want to die you're welcome, what would you have done? For retreating i think you are talking about Greece, ok you're right that the italian army retreated to Albanian borders and some kilometers behind it but the legend says that the Greek army had less troops then the italian ones, this is right only for the beginning of the invasion and the push during Operation Marita, but if you look at the numbers when the greek army counterattacked the italian soldiers had half men that greek army had. I'm sure you will say: the germans destroyed the greeks in weeks: first of all, the greek army sent 330.000 soldiersin Albania, while the germans fought against 100.000 greek soldiers and the germans used tanks better because they weren't fighting on the mouintains and the bulk of the greek army was fighting the italians. After this episodes, the italians never surrendered on large scale, in El Alamein there were many italian prisoners because there were few vehicles, many had been destroyed by british aircrafts or were seized by the germans.
- Tell me what tanks you mean
- You forget that Italy was famous primarily for their Navy, at the beginning of the war italy had 100 submarines. The Air Force became stronger after 1941, before it wasn't well developed, for the artillery there's Flak88mm's brother, the Cannone da 90/53, difference? The Flak had 88mm, the italian gun 90mm.
10 Feb 2015, 18:26 PM

I'll quote man:
- being the worst military in WW2, i can agree, i don't think the worst but everyone knows that they lost in almost every theater of war they fought.

At least we can agree on this. CoH2 deserves factions that actually fought in WW2 and were skilled; Italy lost almost every battle even when they outnumbered their opposition, so they shouldn't be in CoH2. If Relic does decide to make an Italian faction, i'm going to start a petition demanding that they cancel it.

Italy never used old german weapons, i don't know why you should say this because it isn't true.

Yes, it is true. Italy mostly used German weapons, vehicles and etc. While they did have their own weapons like the Caracno, most of the Italian Army's equipment was supplied by the Germans. In fact, the only reason Italy lasted as long as it did was because of German men, women and German equipment.

Most of the italian soldiers would rather retreat from a fight isn't true. This happened during Operation Compass and never more.But the main reason is, we have only infantry, they have many heavy tanks and we have only light tanks and little AT guns, if you want to die you're welcome, what would you have done? For retreating i think you are talking about Greece, ok you're right that the italian army retreated to Albanian borders and some kilometers behind it but the legend says that the Greek army had less troops then the italian ones, this is right only for the beginning of the invasion and the push during Operation Marita, but if you look at the numbers when the greek army counterattacked the italian soldiers had half men that greek army had. I'm sure you will say: the germans destroyed the greeks in weeks: first of all, the greek army sent 330.000 soldiersin Albania, while the germans fought against 100.000 greek soldiers and the germans used tanks better because they weren't fighting on the mouintains and the bulk of the greek army was fighting the italians. After this episodes, the italians never surrendered on large scale, in El Alamein there were many italian prisoners because there were few vehicles, many had been destroyed by british aircrafts or were seized by the germans.

No, it is true. Masses of Italian troops either surrendered or just ran from battle, because they were poorly trained, had incompetent officers and outdated equipment and tactics. The only time Italian soldiers didn't run from a battle was during their invasion of the British Somaliland, and even then the British only lost 50 troops compared to Italy's 500+.

Anyways, I don't care what the Greeks did since we're talking about the Italian Army. History showed that Italians couldn't fight which perplexes me since Italians are the supposed descendants of the Roman Empire, who had the greatest military in the world.

You forget that Italy was famous primarily for their Navy, at the beginning of the war italy had 100 submarines. The Air Force became stronger after 1941, before it wasn't well developed, for the artillery there's Flak88mm's brother, the Cannone da 90/53, difference? The Flak had 88mm, the italian gun 90mm.

They weren't famous for their Navy because most of their ships were old and they had very few modern ships(No aircraft carriers as well). Even Japan had a much better Navy than the Italians, which is surprising because Italy had much more resources and financial support than the Japanese.
10 Feb 2015, 18:44 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

You seem unwilling - or unable -to differentiate between realism and authenticity. (and also,you are unhistorical). Normally , I am unwilling to engage like this,frankly, bcs if I debate, I do not want my opponent to argue that I hide behind my badge,, or whatever nonsense. But, there is so much wrong here, again,that I feel I have to take off my staff hat and help you. Therefore, if you wish to resist stubbornly but politely, sobeit. Other staff can moderate us, for as long as I can be bothered to stay in the discussion.

Italy did not initially have the worst military in WWII in the way you describe: quite arguably, that description might have fallen on the French or the British in May 1940. I don't mean in just equipment - but outdated thinking, when facing the re-energised Wehrmacht. The French and the British had large armies, but their Commanders' mindset was apparently stuck in WWI (in no small means, through the drastic demobilisation after WW1)

Italy had made its own gains in East Africa - and it took people like Slim and Wingate to dislodge them -and they were effective operators,as the history of the British 14th army confirms.

Japan wasn't even recognised for their Army,

Oh please: this is what I mean by being unhistorical.

At a simplistic level, watch for the nth time "the Bridge over the River Kwai" - it gives you a taste - only a taste- of how the Allied armies had to reinvent themselves, by jungle training. Or you might watch "Merrills Marauders" - again only a taste, of how an US task force operated in the Burmese jungle.

But however you see it from Western eyes, there is little doubt (in my mind) that the Japanese Imperial Army was a formidable foe for the Allies whom they faced: the Japanese were committed 100% (Bushido) - and you ignored their soldiers at your peril. e.g.the Phillippines; Singapore; Borneo; Indonesia; The French East Indies (Vietnam); Burma; Guadacanal; New Guinea; the Solomon islands; Saipan; Tarawa; Iwo Jima; Okinawa...

10 Feb 2015, 18:46 PM

They weren't famous for their Navy because most of their ships were old and they had very few modern ships(No aircraft carriers as well). Even Japan had a much better Navy than the Italians, which is surprising because Italy had much more resources and financial support than the Japanese.

The Regia Marina (Royal Navy) and Regia Aeronautica (Royal Air Forces) were both competent and respected organizations that gave a good account of themselves in the Mediterranean theatre. Only the Army had the "incompetent" reputation and even so when they were organized under German commanders they fared much better.
10 Feb 2015, 18:47 PM
Honorary Member Badge

I'm mildly curious why people think that if the British are coming (which is little more than speculation at this point), that there has to be another Axis faction as well.

3 Allied and 2 Axis would be fine
10 Feb 2015, 18:49 PM
Honorary Member Badge

I can think of plenty of WW2 armies worse than the Italians.

I'm never going to go on the Internet and write off an entire nation as cowards though
10 Feb 2015, 18:53 PM

At least we can agree on this. CoH2 deserves factions that actually fought in WW2 and were skilled; Italy lost almost every battle even when they outnumbered their opposition, so they shouldn't be in CoH2. If Relic does decide to make an Italian faction, i'm going to start a petition demanding that they cancel it.

Yes, it is true. Italy mostly used German weapons, vehicles and etc. While they did have their own weapons like the Caracno, most of the Italian Army's equipment was supplied by the Germans. In fact, the only reason Italy lasted as long as it did was because of German men, women and German equipment.

No, it is true. Masses of Italian troops either surrendered or just ran from battle, because they were poorly trained, had incompetent officers and outdated equipment and tactics. The only time Italian soldiers didn't run from a battle was during their invasion of the British Somaliland, and even then the British only lost 50 troops compared to Italy's 500+.

Anyways, I don't care what the Greeks did since we're talking about the Italian Army. History showed that Italians couldn't fight which perplexes me since Italians are the supposed descendants of the Roman Empire, who had the greatest military in the world.

Sorry but you're wrong about german weapons, the italian Carcano rifles were designed in 1891 but they had been modernized in 1938, the '38 version was far more better than the original because of the greater calibre. The germans used italian weapons because of german production in late 1944 and 1945 had been weakened. The only moment that italians used german tanks was for the Blackshirts Armored Division in 1943 but never fought because was organized in May 1943 and dissolved in July 1943 after facist regime downfall.
Their ships old ... you're completely wrong, you must know that they weren't old, Hitler was very impressed when he saw the Italian Royal Navy in Naples, and i have never said that Italian Navy was better than Japanese one.
Italians aren't descendant of romans simply because in the italian peninsula we're not all roman people descendants, the italian population is very mixed my friend.
For the navy we have: (i'm talking about great ships)
- 4 battleships before 1940 + 3 battleships after 1940 (7 battleships + 1 in production)
- 22 cruisers before 1940 + 3 cruisers after 1940 (25 cruisers + 9 in production)
- 69 destroyers before 1940 + 13 destroyers after 1940 (82 destroyers + 3 in production)
- 113 submarines before 1940 + 49 after 1940 (162 submarines)
- there were 2 aircraft carries in production but never completed before 1943

PS: do the petitions you want, we're in a free world and you can choose
And about the retreat and not willing to fight, the Alpine Corp sent in Soviet Union was composed of 57.000 soldiers, after the battle of the Don they were only 11.000 came back, the rest killed or missing
PAGES (23)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS