Login

russian armor

New faction British??

PAGES (23)down
5 Feb 2015, 13:30 PM

BRITISH WITH JAPAN ! I will pay 100 dollars for japanese <444>3
5 Feb 2015, 13:54 PM

I would expect these foreign unit doctrines to be reserved for poor countries like Romania, Poland and etc- not the British Empire who won ww2.

But You know that polish army was in top 4 in the whole world when the WW2 began?
Not to mention that polish little tanks in 39' were better than germans vehicles.
5 Feb 2015, 13:54 PM

If the British are coming, please god leave the staghounds out of this game.

The stag is okay only if

- they don't have health of a P4
- they don't cheat unlimited MG ammunition

T17 is the same vehicle, dunno why the Stag is that abusive.
5 Feb 2015, 14:19 PM
Patrion 14

Actually not sure if there has to be a third Axis faction.

No reason we can't have an asymmetric number of factions.

Of course I'm in the "the more factions the merrier" camp.
5 Feb 2015, 14:25 PM

We already have OKW for eastern front unless its gonna be North Africa theme.

That's what scares me. This has been discussed before, that other front's don't have enough units to be interesting or to even counter the enemy. The African theater does not include units that chan technologically stand against the enemy. If they are gonna add Africa Korps (1942) they can't add Brits with fireflies (1944).
5 Feb 2015, 14:26 PM

But You know that polish army was in top 4 in the whole world when the WW2 began?
Not to mention that polish little tanks in 39' were better than germans vehicles.

The Polish Army in WW2 was horribly equipped(Relied on outdated weapons and equipment), had incompetent Generals and their tactics were horrible(Charging German steel with horses is one example); they're a prime candidate to be put into a German or US doctrine.

Like really, are you actually arguing that the Polish were instrumental in Germany's defeat in WW2, and not the British Empire? If what you say is true, then Poland, and no the UK would be on the UN Permanent Security Council.
5 Feb 2015, 14:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Feb 2015, 14:25 PMRMMLz
That's what scares me. This has been discussed before, that other front's don't have enough units to be interesting or to even counter the enemy. The African theater does not include units that chan technologically stand against the enemy. If they are gonna add Africa Korps (1942) they can't add Brits with fireflies (1944).

Agreed. In this case new factions should be based in the mediterannean theatre in general until 1945. That would fix the problem.
5 Feb 2015, 14:33 PM

I can't get enough of the idiots who still believe this horse vs tanks axis propaganda. I mean, how stupid and uneducated can you be to keep repeating that?
5 Feb 2015, 14:38 PM

The Polish Army in WW2 was horribly equipped(Relied on outdated weapons and equipment), had incompetent Generals and their tactics were horrible(Charging German steel with horses is one example); they're a prime candidate to be put into a German or US doctrine.

Like really, are you actually arguing that the Polish were instrumental in Germany's defeat in WW2, and not the British Empire? If what you say is true, then Poland, and no the UK would be on the UN Permanent Security Council.

If there was no water between the british isles and mainland europe, england would be gone in 2 weeks, if not faster. The british land army was not much in a better state than 1941 and 1942 than the polish or french forces. Remember, they were getting their asses kicked by the japanese in 1941-42 and even the soviets in 1939 were able to defeat the japanese in Khalkin Ghol, even though the state of the soviet army in 1939-41 was also completely backwards. While USA didin't really have an army in 1941-42.
The german land forces outclassed absolutely everyone in 1941-1942, while the soviet army was better on paper, it turned out to be a completely mess in 1941-1942. Of course even the wehrmacht was not perfect, since Barbarossa ultimately failed horribly at Moscow.
The soviet union was instrumental to the defeat of the germans. Its a very well proven fact. Whether they could of won alone is another question. Some historians such as Glantz believe that the soviets could of won alone.

Also, the polish charging tanks with cavalry is complete and utter bullshit. That said, horses were incredibly instrumental for the war. For example, the wehrmacht and the red army used horses as its primary mean of transport.
5 Feb 2015, 14:39 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

11084932 All vehicle weight classes including summer and winter variants. (Note: US does not curently have Heavy class vehicles although these may be introduced in future updates.)
5 Feb 2015, 14:41 PM
Donator 11

The fact that they are doing something for Feb14th makes me feel like its a commander as that was either a battle at Rostov or Tunisia that had anglo Americans (brits and Americans)
5 Feb 2015, 14:46 PM

Britih tend to forget about polish divisions saving Gr. Brt. in the air or contribution in breaking Enigma.

Horribly equipped and others arguments are made by bad PR for year (like charging tanks with horses). Poland allocated around 40% of the budget into military.
In 1935 Poland army could destroy III Reich that why we were looking for a good excuse to attack German but we were unable to provoke them despite attempts.

We made proposition for France to attack Reich together but France did not agree.

About bad equipped... Polish AT carabine, UR35 was a way better carabine than Panzerbuchse.

Or for example 7TP tank. It had little worse armor than PzI and II but the cannon was superior.

Problem was that polish superior units/equipment was stretched while Nazi where
concentrated.

So please, learn something and don't let propaganda to take you.

Poland were fighting for a month with the two biggest armies in the world.
France fell after 2 weeks only with Nazi despite France had a way better equipment so what does it tell about their generals?
Keep in mind that Poland was planning big military revolution in 39'-42'. If Germans stayed for 40/41 they would recived much more difficult time cause of new planes and other stuffs.

The only true thing is the thing about Generals and Commanders. After death of Piłsudski, there was no one to coordinate all of this.

End of off top.
Sorry Major byt I could not leave non-historical things.
5 Feb 2015, 14:47 PM
Senior Editor Badge

11084932 All vehicle weight classes including summer and winter variants. (Note: US does not curently have Heavy class vehicles although these may be introduced in future updates.)

bring more Mr.Sarantini from Netherlands :D
5 Feb 2015, 14:54 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Feb 2015, 14:47 PMnigo

bring more Mr.Sarantini from Netherlands :D

most likely the decal awarded for make war not love event
5 Feb 2015, 14:55 PM

most likely the decal awarded for make war not love event

Haha nice! :clap:
5 Feb 2015, 14:57 PM

More stuff to play with !!! Super !!!!

But we don't want overpowed units or abilities, just useful, versatile and different.
5 Feb 2015, 15:00 PM

More stuff to play with !!! Super !!!!

But we don't want overpowed units or abilities, just useful, versatile and different.

Yeah, right.

I guarantee you new factions will break the game even more. 100% sure. Absolutely.
5 Feb 2015, 15:06 PM

I dare not hope that this is a USF commander like lend lease and has the Firefly in it.

I am sure it wont be that good though. Probably a Cromwell or something....

Could add a 17 pounder though. Since the Pak43 is in game...why not?
5 Feb 2015, 15:07 PM
Benefactor 341

BRITISH WITH JAPAN ! I will pay 100 dollars for japanese <444>3

I feel if they add the British AND the Japanese (very well likely), they will be apart of separate theatres. British will be in an African campaign with either the Italians or the German Afrika Korps (I'd hope for the former, but knowing Relic, anything is possible), and the Japanese in a Pacific front against a second US Forces faction, featuring MacArthur's forces.
5 Feb 2015, 15:08 PM
Benefactor 341

Inb4 Relic is trolling us and intentionally leaking false information, and ultimately releases a Canadian Faction for epic lulz. :P
PAGES (23)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS