Login

russian armor

Remove Shreck from Volks

• This thread is locked
PAGES (32)down
20 Feb 2015, 17:47 PM

Dude you are agreeing with me, nobody likes the fact that OKW has very little viable builds due to the weird pricing combined with the reduced fuel income and the distribution. The reason I like to do odd builds using the Jadgpanzer, or Sturmtiger is that it's fun for me, but that means I'm going out of my way, were as with Soviets I have a pretty big wealth of options that work. The fact OKW has this basic build that deals with everything is bad, but still a Panther ain't going to get you far at all against a blobs, that's were the sturmtiger comes in :megusta:

Ostheer is even WORSE however, but this thread isn't about them.

You are wrong. It is not that okw does not have any other viable builds. It is that Volks/Obers/Panther are more potent than anything else.
20 Feb 2015, 17:57 PM

You are wrong. It is not that okw does not have any other viable builds. It is that Volks/Obers/Panther are more potent than anything else.

This.

You have many replacement for Obers.
Panzerfusiliers, Falsch, even Volks spam followed by Jaegers.
Jadgpanzer is as good at killing vehilces as Panther.
Puma can work wonders.
Right used AA truck is a nightmare.
But in the end you will always blob Volks+Obers+Panther.

You can't say that about SU and OST because they are encouraging to use combined arms. I mean, you can't spam Grens, Grens, Grens, Grens... into Tiger, right?
Soviets can't spam cons into T34/85.
Even USF can't spam Rifles without any support. You need 57mm or M20 or AA or Captain and then, you might spam Shermans or M8+Jackson combo.

OKW is just bullshit faction.
20 Feb 2015, 20:00 PM

This.

Puma can work wonders.

You can't say that about SU and OST because they are encouraging to use combined arms. I mean, you can't spam Grens, Grens, Grens, Grens... into Tiger, right?

Even USF can't spam Rifles without any support. You need 57mm or M20 or AA or Captain and then, you might spam Shermans or M8+Jackson combo.

Why not? :snfBarton:
You underestimate the power of the dark side.
20 Feb 2015, 20:11 PM

A Panther/Volks/and Obers isn't going to save you from indirect fire, so I hope you enjoy priests/152/203 artillery turning your blob into red mist.

If I had ten bucks for every time a OKW player lost his entire army to my artillery, and I just ignore his Panther because lmao panther to counter infantry, I would have a lot of 10 dollar bills.

Sturmtiger doesn't even need to fire a shot to make people retreat, can never get that with a boring old Panther. :)

This.

Puma can work wonders.

Not a single one of those infantry units can touch Obers in scaling and anti infantry power (while also being more expensive wtf Fallsch), Obers are bullshit I admit but all they need is their LMG34 removed or toned down.

Jadgpanzer Is 1. Not as good as killing enemy Vehicles as a Panther and 2. The least mobile medium TD in the game. It's not bad, but it's outclassed by other things OKW can make outside of the Panther.

OKW isn't any more bullshit than any other faction, every single faction the game is poorly designed. The only reason soviets have more choice is because of how the commander system works and how Soviet teching works.

Well, Ostheer isn't badly designed, but that's exactly the reason why it loses out to all the over factios
20 Feb 2015, 20:20 PM
Patrion 28

indirect fire is the only thing, other than aoe abilities like demos and grenades, that counter volks/obers and you can greatly mitigate it by staying on the move and being aggressive, which you can easily afford to do as OKW.

the V isn't any good if you don't have any tanks but, in combination with schreck volks, it shuts vehicles down hard and is difficult to threaten with infantry based AT options. the only redeeming factor from the allies' point of view is that it doesn't do much damage to infantry and so you can sometimes ignore it. it'll still force off a lone squad just fine though.

sturmtiger depends on who it's facing. a good player will bait you. anyone who is smart will play conservatively against it though.

JPIV is an amazing TD but not good at anythign else and OKW doesn't need it so it often get's passed up.
20 Feb 2015, 20:21 PM

Permanently Banned

How can you continue to defend this blatantly op faction?
20 Feb 2015, 20:27 PM

He plays almost exclusively OKW and nothing else.

What's even the point of continuing this topic? Everything valuable has already been said and now is just pointless debate.
I'd say is time to close it.
20 Feb 2015, 20:59 PM

What's even the point of continuing this topic? Everything valuable has already been said and now is just pointless debate.

It's almost impossible to show Axis fans how broken Vet 5 on 235 MP mainline infantry is because they barely play a faction that requires more micro & strategy (Allies). Ya its time to close this.
20 Feb 2015, 21:12 PM
Donator 11

Will devs remove shreks from volks in the next patch?
20 Feb 2015, 21:21 PM

I mean, you can't spam Grens, Grens, Grens, Grens... into Tiger, right?

Actually, that's one of the most effective strategies for Ostheer, except for maybe 1-2 PAKs.

It'd be nice if ostwinds, ACs, and/or MG42s were worthwhile enough against infantry and their blobs to be viable choices. As it stands, the small arms fire of lmg42s is the only reliable way to fight allied infantry as ostheer... other than the Tiger's main gun

Hence, the meta.
20 Feb 2015, 21:45 PM
Patrion 28

Will devs remove shreks from volks in the next patch?

no. and probably never.
20 Feb 2015, 21:45 PM

It's almost impossible to show Axis fans how broken Vet 5 on 235 MP mainline infantry is because they barely play a faction that requires more micro & strategy (Allies). Ya its time to close this.

Its not broken mate. in fact its vital for the okw to defend themselves against uber efficient allied callin medium tanks . and when i suggest you buff the puma to mirror the m10 so the shrek could be removed i get flamed by every allied fangirl in existence.

Also you dismiss the fact we have already posted about the volks being significantly inferior to other baseline infantry and why vet 5 doesnt affect them as much. but keep complaining.
20 Feb 2015, 21:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Feb 2015, 21:45 PMJaigen

Its not broken mate. in fact its vital for the okw to defend themselves against uber efficient allied callin medium tanks . and when i suggest you buff the puma to mirror the m10 so the shrek could be removed i get flamed by every allied fangirl in existence.

Also you dismiss the fact we have already posted about the volks being significantly inferior to other baseline infantry and why vet 5 doesnt affect them as much. but keep complaining.

how are you that stubborn and stupid... I don't get it, you post so much bullshit
20 Feb 2015, 22:19 PM

How can you continue to defend this blatantly op faction?

Saying every faction is broken also means I think OKW is broken :snfBarton:

I played several USF 2v2 games this morning, sorry to destroy your fallacy.

I play lots of Allies and Axis, gotta know your enemy to beat him m8ty
20 Feb 2015, 22:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Feb 2015, 21:45 PMJaigen

Yes we discussed this and majority of the people want an over haul on the Volks or OKW in general. The only person in that thread was claiming VG fail vs other mainline infantry was you. You are completely disregarding the fact that Vet 5 system on a 235 MP infantry makes it a bit over the top compared to Vet 3 Rifles (280MP) and Cons (don't even talk about 240 MP cons in late game performance).
20 Feb 2015, 22:38 PM

Yes we discussed this and majority of the people want an over haul on the Volks or OKW in general. The only person in that thread was claiming VG fail vs other mainline infantry was you. You are completely disregarding the fact that Vet 5 system on a 235 MP infantry makes it a bit over the top compared to Vet 3 Rifles (280MP) and Cons (don't even talk about 240 MP cons in late game performance).

This remind me the old nubs whining of COH1 vet 3 Rifles shredding everything walking with legs.
20 Feb 2015, 22:38 PM

Ditto, i have yet to see a poll or a thread that doesn't include a OKW themed problem. Iam in the top 100 on that faction as well as the others but even i know that some of my winnings,especially on matches i should of loss are atribute to the excessiveness of a few over performing units of the faction. Nothing more agonizing then losing all due to one or two cheesy tactics or units. Its just the okw happens to have most of that
20 Feb 2015, 22:42 PM

That's you why do intentionally weird strats, If I always went Panther every game I would be sooooo bored.
21 Feb 2015, 00:22 AM

This stuff, right here, is a problem. once again you have made statements but do not back it up with any numbers. you do know that rifles have nearly twice the dps at short range around 70% at mid range? and yet they only cost 5 mp more per man. so the vet of the usf is far more powerful because they are applied to a significantly cost effective unit. i would say rifles along with grens and fusiliers. are the cost effective infantry. volks and scripts are tied but scripts have more utility with molotovs oorhah and at nades.

So no you are wrong about volks and their vet 5. and i grantee you that a riflesquad at vet 3 will tear a vet 5 volks apart.
PAGES (32)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS