Login

russian armor

Will cons get a lmg upgrade in the next patch?

2 Feb 2015, 01:41 AM

Maybe conscripts' PPSH should be reworked to be more of an ability. Under normal conditions using semi auto, doing normal damage. Then activating the ability (free, long recharge) they put out massive amounts of DPS at very close range for 2-3 seconds emptying their magazines.
So they would still impose a threat to elite infantry in late game if well microd into position.

Compare:

2 Feb 2015, 02:10 AM

Because, just like your posts, it doesn't make any sense to anyone that isn't completely detached from reality.

whats your problem man. youre toxic 99% of the time. its over the top.
2 Feb 2015, 09:42 AM
Donator 33

Maybe conscripts' PPSH should be reworked to be more of an ability. Under normal conditions using semi auto, doing normal damage. Then activating the ability (free, long recharge) they put out massive amounts of DPS at very close range for 2-3 seconds emptying their magazines.
So they would still impose a threat to elite infantry in late game if well microd into position.

Compare:

Damn, thanks for the link, I didn't know it had such a RoF - that is one hell of an impressive machine pistol. No wonder the Germans all wanted one in Stalingrad.
2 Feb 2015, 09:59 AM

Permanently Banned
To be honest i think cons dont need SMG, to many SMG for basic units. Becouse soviets have there infantry from commanders. Cons are not bad (if its not lmg blob or obers or volks vet 5), but first of all need nerf germans vet. Its many very good ideas for vet 3 cons.
2 Feb 2015, 10:17 AM
Patrion 14

Not once in this thread during the discussion of Cons' survivability did anybody mention they receive an OUT OF THE BOX debuff - they are easier to hit than other infantry.
2 Feb 2015, 10:26 AM

No. Cons don't need lmg of any kind.

The only change I'd ever consider is to swap weapons with Penals but I don't think it will ever happen and balance effort would be huge.
2 Feb 2015, 10:43 AM

Damn, thanks for the link, I didn't know it had such a RoF - that is one hell of an impressive machine pistol. No wonder the Germans all wanted one in Stalingrad.

It also didn't help that the Germans at Stalingrad were largely armed with their standard bolt-action rifles facing down entire squads or even entire companies of troops with Submachine Guns. Hell yeah the Germans are going to grab 'em whenever they could!
5 Feb 2015, 21:26 PM

conscripts have great versatility as is. They do well in medium range so they can pick away at units like assault grenadiers, but if theyre up against regular grenadiers (who do best at long range) they can use oorah to close the distance fast and win a cqb engagement.
5 Feb 2015, 22:44 PM

Not that I want to go all history nerd but the russians produced an assload of PPSH's, I always thought it weird that the COH2 game army didn't attempt to fit the characteristics of the russian army in some ways.

"By spring 1942, the PPSh factories were producing roughly 3,000 units a day."

Quote from the wiki page about the ppsh-41
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PPSh-41#World_War_II
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PPS_submachine_gun

I much rather see the conscripts playing a close range in your face role, and then see them balanced around that. They can lack in long range and be awesome in close range if need be but it would help define them and maybe give the germans a big reason to field machine guns (which then also fits their characteristics! oh man!)
5 Feb 2015, 23:02 PM
Donator 11

Yeah, ppsh should be a global upgrade like in WW2
5 Feb 2015, 23:30 PM

Compare:

This interests me as my profession is a gunsmith, And there is a small problem with this logic:
If you do that for a SMG that fires a pistol cartridge (PPSH in this case, By the way why is there no PPS in this game?) Then the StG-44 that fires a intermediate rifle cartridge should be select fire as well.

As that was the point of the design of modern intermediate cartridge rifles-
To have controllable full auto fire at close range and rifle like damage and accuracy at 0-300 yards.
Were as a SMG's max effective range under most circumstances is in the range 100 yards max realistically.

As for con's having LMG's i can't really comment one way or another,
If they were to get them i would say after T3-T4 is built.
As far as Relic's "Design" goes they have said that con's were not meant to scale into the late game.
I am unsure if this is still there philosophy regarding cons.
6 Feb 2015, 01:00 AM

For cost to performance ratio i perfer cons to stay as is, cons are suppose to be cannon fodder
6 Feb 2015, 01:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Feb 2015, 01:00 AMGenObi
For cost to performance ratio i perfer cons to stay as is, cons are suppose to be cannon fodder

That's what I was thinking. Stick a Sniper behind them if you want them to be dangerous lol. I use them to cover flanks of support weapons, to re-crew my own support weapons, and to crew stolen weapons.
6 Feb 2015, 01:40 AM

I wouldn't mind a single DP machine gun for scripts. Perhaps a choice between PPSH or one DP.
6 Feb 2015, 01:49 AM

Id rather special PPSH's or a similar variant that functions differently than the current PPSH's, to allow the conscripts to harrass in the late game by... Creating extremely light suppression against single targets/AoE light suppression? (Causing models to duck, not get suppressed...)

Volksgrenadiers are technically cannon fodder as well, but that doesnt stop them from having crazy vet.
6 Feb 2015, 19:01 PM

Cons must get an lmg upgrade or coh2 will be dead. I wanna know if relic considering giving cons a DP lmg upgrade becouse if its not the case then we can basicly bury COH2. Soviet is the main faction of the game and cons are primary soviet infantry are just a capping unit and a xp cannon fodder. They have nothing to put up against long range. Fragile as hell they cant get in the range before half of the squad is dead.

Cons don't need lmg upgrade.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment