Login

russian armor

Suggestion to LMG change

30 Jan 2015, 15:45 PM

I understand that this opinion may be unpopular but I belive that what we need to ballance LMGs is to make them realistic.

As some one who grew up with the Close Combat games i can see what you mean and you raise some good points.
30 Jan 2015, 16:50 PM

+1 ferwiner

That sounds in the right direction. Using a squad with an LMG should feel very different to a normal squad.

Having a bit more set up time would make it feel like more of a fire support weapon which it is, and would make a squad which is moving a lot perform better without one.

It would also better reward an opponent who flanks and or uses names against them by forcing the squad to keep repositioning.
31 Jan 2015, 08:09 AM

I still don't like this idea. I mean as cruzz said, any more utility or buff for infantry would encourage people to blob MOAR.

Just look at Defensive stance. People just put a squad behind their lines so you can not flank them, they don't have set-up/break-up time so they easily doge grenades, mortar etc. We desperately need some LMG changes (nurfz) but I still think giving suppression to LMGs would change things for worse.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think every weapon had a suppression value in vCoH, even bolt action rifles. So a major force of LMGs, assault rifles and tank top gunners could suppress your units after a while. I did not like that.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★