Login

russian armor

If you could ask Relic one question...

PAGES (9)down
31 Jan 2015, 10:24 AM

See, it is utterly idiotic, entitled little prick-posts like this that should get people perma-banned. I mean, I don't mind some trolling, heavy or downright nasty - but this shit. WTF? An actual developer++ comes here and gives you an honest answer; the ROI doesn't look good, it won't make an impact compared to the effort of redesigning every god damn vehicle in this game.

And Mr. Special replies the equivalent of; "lol axis fanboy".

This. Finally they are communicating, and although some answers were not what we've expected, it's something. This is what relic is afraid of, to say something are receive BS from us. If they are trying to change their approach, let's not make them regret.
31 Jan 2015, 10:30 AM

I agree. Treasure this moment. If u continue like this Specialka, they wont reach out to us again. And you will have ruined it. So just stop writing such hatefull posts, thx.
This is the equivalent of a boy lost in the wild who after many years for the first time is meeting another human being. He is trying to reach out, get some trust, some connection, and you Specialka are the idiot which beats him and insults him "cause he isnt like normal people". Everybody hates that guy in movies. Dont be that guy.

I for one really appreciate this. Thanks a lot Duffy :) hope you'll find your way here more often ;)
31 Jan 2015, 10:39 AM

There must always be a bad guy.
31 Jan 2015, 10:40 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

I agree. Treasure this moment. If u continue like this Specialka, they wont reach out to us again. And you will have ruined it. So just stop writing such hatefull posts, thx.
This is the equivalent of a boy lost in the wild who after many years for the first time is meeting another human being. He is trying to reach out, get some trust, some connection, and you Specialka are the idiot which beats him and insults him "cause he isnt like normal people". Everybody hates that guy in movies. Dont be that guy.

I for one really appreciate this. Thanks a lot Duffy :) hope you'll find your way here more often ;)

+1

Please be wary about quoting controversial posts,guys, since if that post had to be invised, your posts would have to follow. In these circumstances,it is often best to report the offending post,rather than quote it in your response

31 Jan 2015, 12:03 PM

I still want to know, what you are excited about ;)

Thanks for your commitment mister duffy! Enjoy your millers and hotdogs and the beauty of life!
31 Jan 2015, 13:28 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jan 2015, 02:03 AMqduffy

Yep. Not 'Birth of my kids' excited, but yeah, looking forward to 2015.

Can you make the community excited to? :)
31 Jan 2015, 15:34 PM

Cruzz is making balance modes on his own (very good ones) .
Why You, as company with more than 1 person can't do that in reasonable time?
31 Jan 2015, 16:07 PM
Honorary Member Badge

People, read this and absorb it's lesson if you want to post in this thread

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WhyFandomCantHaveNiceThings
31 Jan 2015, 16:35 PM
Donator 33

People, read this and absorb it's lesson if you want to post in this thread

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WhyFandomCantHaveNiceThings

Good link and a very interesting problem, which I personally believe can be somewhat softened up by mature communities where people feel invested and don't want to come across as idiots.

Which is also why people speak up in this thread, when someone crosses the line. It reflects poorly.

I really liked how far the old GR community got in this respect. Naive posts (I'm being generous here) had a tendency to be moved to the balance forum, where new players had a chance to grow up (or rather grow out of it) and move on to the real forum with a good amount of valuable discussions and claims.

I am sad to say that I don't think that CoH2.org will quite get there. Not because people here aren't as good people, but IMHO because there has made some decisions with this game, which makes a mature community exceedingly difficult to cultivate.
31 Jan 2015, 16:53 PM

Im dedicating a drink to you Quinn. Many thanks for your replies. Its a breath of fresh air.
31 Jan 2015, 16:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jan 2015, 02:44 AMqduffy

These are all interesting questions.

I think the unit thing is too big to cover in terms of specifics. We know what units are underutilized and I'd like to see a broader use of more units in general. I also know which ones don't quite satisfy my historical itch, but that might be very different in focus than purely balance. I honestly see balance come alive in variety. Whether you call that an active-meta or whatever, I like to see lots of variety.

3v3 and 4v4 scale very differently. The idea of a mod is interesting, but I honestly don't know what the impact would be.

We're looking into map balance and increasing the automatch pool.

Drop rate increase...not quite that simple. We're looking at a few options right now and we're hoping to test some changes shortly.

The micro thing and concentration of power concept between Allies and Germans is a very interesting challenge. I think there are a number of possible solutions (design and technical) to consider.

Thank you for trying to address all my questions.
31 Jan 2015, 17:30 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

As you are a Bear, Aerohank, I am reasonably confident that your Bear commander will not be happy with your post - and honestly, nor am I.

Please edit it now - I can see you are online - or it goes. 30 minutes from now

If you edit it prudently, I will invis my own post.
31 Jan 2015, 17:44 PM

I stand by my statement. It was made without resorting to profanities so I see no need to edit it.

Invis my post as you will. Considering you noted no actual reason why I should edit my post, I will simply take it as a message that criticism to the developer team will not be tolerated on these forums.
31 Jan 2015, 17:47 PM
Honorary Member Badge

31 Jan 2015, 18:08 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

I stand by my statement. It was made without resorting to profanities so I see no need to edit it.

Invis my post as you will. Considering you noted no actual reason why I should edit my post, I will simply take it as a message that criticism to the developer team will not be tolerated on these forums.

It is part of the site's DNA - your posts have been invised.

Please PM your own clan leader with controversial posts - I thought I had at least made that clear from the get-go?
31 Jan 2015, 18:20 PM

I do not need Napalms permission to voice my own opinion. But your message is clear.
31 Jan 2015, 18:21 PM
Patrion 15

Great to see a Relic dev drop by, thanks for your time and answers,Quinn.

Also hank, just because those issues exist doesn't mean they aren't aware of them. And Cruzz's mod gets a free pass because it isn't playtested to the extent that coh2 is. Saying he fixed everything in one day is pure hyperbole, and detracts from the point you're trying to make.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS