Login

russian armor

If you could ask Relic one question...

PAGES (9)down
31 Jan 2015, 18:33 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Hank. Please desist. Right now.

Please PM Napalm with controversial concerns.

Thanks
31 Jan 2015, 18:34 PM

Hank. Please desist. Right now.

Please PM Napalm with controversial concerns.

Thanks

Don't worry. I'm done.
1 Feb 2015, 01:23 AM

I hope this doesn't come across as too controversial…

But, if I could ask Relic one question, it would be this -

Why did you not spend a decent chunk of pre-release development time fine tuning and getting the game engine in a good place?

What I mean by this is, CoH1 was great, but it was limited in core functionality, not being able to turn MGs in buildings, knock down big trees, wade through water with troops or tanks, etc etc. When I saw the trailers (and placed my order for CoH2), I thought, wow snow!! And the discussion of a new Engine with true sight etc, this is good, they've mentioned the engine, so they have probably put a ton of work into it. But we are still stuck in the stone age with the game engine. It does not run efficiently at all, not even close, it will crash even on top spec systems and doesn't support things like SLI or Crossfire which for a game released nowadays is quite disappointing. I also can't help but think, if further thought and development time had been put into the engine core itself, that may have actually helped in fixing bugs etc later down the line? Is that not a fair point..?

I love the series, and won't stop playing despite the hoard of current balance and performance issues. More has happened in the first year of CoH2 than ever in CoH1, so thats encouraging at least.

As I say, I hope this doesn't come across as too controversial...
1 Feb 2015, 02:39 AM

I will treasure this moment, Silence has been broken!
:crazy:
1 Feb 2015, 19:18 PM

After all the heavy topics and unanswerable questions, I'd like to know "only" why aren't there any WFA skins available in Steam store after so much time has passed ? Internet is stuffed with incredible skins since the vCoH days, and relic wouldn't even have to design them from the scratch, and still that simplistic and benign method of generating some revenue for the publisher and the studio is completely ignored ?!? It's beyond me. Think of it as visual diversity catalyst , if you (Relic/Sega) don't care that much for the money Mr. Duffy :P

Edit:

on the side note I simply must add. about balance questions that appear frequently popping from the Allied camp - about the "heavy tank meta" "impenetrable frontal armor" etc. I'm pretty assured that Relic draws much of their wisdom from the global game data pool, and statistics, which suggest that the game is much more balanced that you give it credit for. And as much as I'm asking to draw flak with this one; even the 4vs4 isn't as some Allied evangelists try so hard to make everyone believe.. I've lost more Axis heavy tanks than I've turned the games around with it. Few nights ago, I've watched a game where 6 KT's and 3 Tiger 1's went down, and Allies won. It wasn't the frontal armor, or the sheer juggernaughtiness of the late Axis tanks, but the range of the Allied tank hunters - that presided over victory. And of the four players on Axis side, not one bothered to go JT or Elephant, so they lost, and it was bad decision making and l2p issue above everything else. Just my two (Axis) cents, since the Relic is obviously involved in this topic, and I don't want to contribute to the overall atmosphere that Axis players are enjoying quietly all those free victories - which are mostly a myth by my account.
3 Feb 2015, 01:22 AM

I forgot to ask, PLEASE can the Close air support and Advanced Warfare doctrines be added to the store.

Its extra sales for you guys and not one single person with those doctrines (for free) would complain about others being able to buy them, yet many many people would be very happy (finally).

Its just not right or fair to continue to hold them back.
3 Feb 2015, 07:19 AM

If relic is still passing by here;

Why do you think side armour will not make a 'tangible' difference? You even admitted above that it would make tank combat more interesting.
3 Feb 2015, 12:10 PM

Why do you think side armour will not make a 'tangible' difference? You even admitted above that it would make tank combat more interesting.

...And more balanced if I may say. It's unfair flanking a KT and still heating the front armor. Would be nice if flanking (meaning rolling side by side with yhe enemy tank) could get a little more higher reward. This however, would trigger some changes related to all vehicles. Don't forget Axis tanks can flank too ;).
3 Feb 2015, 15:39 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

One post invised.

Back to topic.
3 Feb 2015, 15:48 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Flame post invised.

Keep it clean, please
3 Feb 2015, 16:26 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Cause the game doesn't take into account angle of impacts. So you would end up with more side hits penetrating all the time from the front rather than the expected result (flanking and taking profit of it).
3 Feb 2015, 16:48 PM
Donator 11

Is there anyway you could let the community know about the status of a balance patch in the work for February.

I know you guys said something about a bug patch but I feel like we haven't had a large patch since November
3 Feb 2015, 22:23 PM

I'm going to break my own rules and submit another question.

Whats going on with multiplayer maps? There were some maps added for a community spot light and a couple added during the AA release that can only be played in custom games. Can we expect these to be added to the normal map pool sometime? How about additional community created maps like Red Ball express (which is AMAZING)?

3 Feb 2015, 22:56 PM

Cause the game doesn't take into account angle of impacts. So you would end up with more side hits penetrating all the time from the front rather than the expected result (flanking and taking profit of it).

But making Rear/Front 70/30 is not something difficult instead of 50/50.
3 Feb 2015, 23:32 PM

You've essentially defined 'tangible'.
18 of 19 Relic postsRelic 4 Feb 2015, 23:02 PM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Feb 2015, 22:23 PMNapalm
I'm going to break my own rules and submit another question.

Whats going on with multiplayer maps? There were some maps added for a community spot light and a couple added during the AA release that can only be played in custom games. Can we expect these to be added to the normal map pool sometime? How about additional community created maps like Red Ball express (which is AMAZING)?

We'd like to work those into automatch. We were just talking about it the other day in fact. More to come.
4 Feb 2015, 23:28 PM
Senior Editor Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Feb 2015, 23:02 PMqduffy

We'd like to work those into automatch. We were just talking about it the other day in fact. More to come.

8 new maps from AA in custom games + 4 from community maps + Red ball Express = 13

make it happen Mr. Duffy :D
4 Feb 2015, 23:30 PM

Yeah this is seriously good news. Good for the game, good for the community. Win fucking win.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 49
unknown 25
Russian Federation 69

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %