Login

russian armor

The Community and Relic.

• This thread is locked
PAGES (10)down
29 Jan 2015, 16:22 PM
Donator 33

How dare these people act like they are running a business

Well, first of all, I don't mind that - I've always been a proponent of DLCs, skins etc., just not stuff that wrecks multiplayer like careless commander-spam.

Having said that, there are several ways to run and expand a business, especially when you create it yourself. Completely disregarding die-hard fans, even though such a group will always be a minority of any customer group, seems counterproductive to me.

They just seem perplexingly shortsighted, only focusing on initial sales of DLCs but undermining the long tail. In line with Hans' question, I just wanted to point this fact out to anyone who doesn't follow the CoH2 history like a "Days of Our Lives" addict :)
29 Jan 2015, 16:31 PM
Patrion 14

This place *should* be the RPGCodex of RTS games.

If you don't know what that is, look it up. It's actually not my cup of tea, but it *is* full of passionate RPG fans who (a) know what they're talking about and (b) let rip and say what the hell they like.

Funnily enough, lots of RPG devs frequent the place and engage with the Codexians despite their lack of manners and fearsome reputation.

The dynamic is obviously different in AAARRR-TEEEE-ESSSS land.
29 Jan 2015, 16:32 PM

I agree with Nullist.
29 Jan 2015, 17:39 PM

I think the best way you can some up Relic's relation with the game is "the beatings will continue until moral improves"
29 Jan 2015, 18:01 PM
Donator 11

I wish They could tell us how their business work, like who does this guy have to talk to in order to get to this guy or almost like a flow chart.

I like Hans' Comments in my eyes are spot on. We need other large names to post their ideas or input so we can get relic's and even sega's attention to these issues.
29 Jan 2015, 18:07 PM

I've never understood why Relic didn't send DLC to top 5-10 streamers, for example.

Its fucking unheard of.
29 Jan 2015, 18:09 PM

haha because they need to make money off people who they KNOW will buy their content. Simple as that.
29 Jan 2015, 18:10 PM
Donator 33

I've never understood why Relic didn't send DLC to top 5-10 streamers, for example.

Its fucking unheard of.

They probably did, but couldn't get past their own NDA :P
29 Jan 2015, 18:12 PM
Donator 11

I've never understood why Relic didn't send DLC to top 5-10 streamers for example.

Its fucking unheard of.

I Think they did with Ardenns Assault or at least let them access it early.

I wont create Relic on its DLC, Im fine with DLC and buying skins and new ways to play but, I'm not ok with "letting it sit" and disconnecting the community. CoH is to large of a game and with that it will always need some tweaks to balance out new game play styles and strats that people find.

No one in this thread needs to tear one another apart as we all want what is best for Coh, Relic, and Us.
We just want more clarity and to know that we aren't preaching to a wall.
29 Jan 2015, 18:15 PM
Donator 33

Hey Folks

I have to agree with Hans here, the post in December was an attempt to calm down months of demands to change their communication approach. And even that post did not actually change that approach so we have not taken a step forward yet.

I have to say I based my decision not to buy AA on two promises I made myself.

1) If Relic cannot provide patches on a somewhat consistent schedule, with more than 1-4 fixes to bring necessary changes to in game Meta and quell issues that have been months on the go.

2) If they cannot adjust their NDA policy to allow proper communication to fans. Even something as simple as what they intend to patch, not even upcoming products which I do not find a difficult request. my steam wallet and credit card number remain under NDA to Relic until I get some disclosure on the money I've already spent.

It must be getting hard this far into this game to still play the "exciting things are coming" "We are improving" "We are going the direction the community wants us to go" - Personally I haven't seen much evidence to back these up and it is getting old, very old. This is months of frustration in this post, and I have taken an objective approach to it, not a vulgar one. I encourage other to do so.

<444>3 Switzerland
29 Jan 2015, 18:40 PM
29 Jan 2015, 19:30 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

This place *should* be the RPGCodex of RTS games.

If you don't know what that is, look it up. It's actually not my cup of tea, but it *is* full of passionate RPG fans who (a) know what they're talking about and (b) let rip and say what the hell they like.

Funnily enough, lots of RPG devs frequent the place and engage with the Codexians despite their lack of manners and fearsome reputation.

The dynamic is obviously different in AAARRR-TEEEE-ESSSS land.

To assist other posters:

Literally one of the hells in the Internet. This is an internet forum for the discussion of anything that's related to role-playing games but just like most internet forums, they can deviate from that and discuss other things. However, most of the members of that particular forum seems to hate pretty much everything, say curse words all the time, accuse fictional characters of being things that they dislike, and regularly use racist or antisemitic words all the time. Even the moderators are pretty terrible as they also seem to unable to stop the insanity of the forums and they sometimes even join in the racism, cursing and trolling. Overall, the place is one of the literal hells of the Internet. Seriously, it's on par with youtube comments, gamefaqs message boards and comic book resources in terms of stupidity and insanity.
What's the definition of the word rpgcodex?

Noted.
29 Jan 2015, 19:49 PM
Patrion 27

But, its mostly about explaining the problems, not about exploring solutions.

+1 this

this is exactly what PQ did the whole time on the 2015 stream. Rephrase questions that users were asking and act like they were answers. It's disingenuous and pisses players off.

"We know that call-in meta is a problem, but we have to fix the core units to solve it (and we have no pudding idea how)" is what I got from that stream.
29 Jan 2015, 20:05 PM
Patrion 14

Re PRGCodex - I meant the influence the site has, not the retardedness.

This site is odd - you can't 'attack' developers (I'm all for manners, btw, not fond of internet jerk-off behaviour) which for some moderators seems to encompass a wide arena of behaviour (do you have house rules?).

OTOH this place is full of disgruntled grognards - it's neither one thing nor the other.
29 Jan 2015, 20:16 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Re PRGCodex - I meant the influence the site has, not the retardedness.

This site is odd - you can't 'attack' developers (I'm all for manners, btw, not fond of internet jerk-off behaviour) which for some moderators seems to encompass a wide arena of behaviour (do you have house rules?).

OTOH this place is full of disgruntled grognards - it's neither one thing nor the other.

Fair enough.

You are 100% correct about not attacking developers- that is built into the system. ;)

House rules are as strong as the stuff in the bottom RH corner of your screen, which is open to a wide variety of interpretation...

Best PM me, if you have further evident concerns ;)

29 Jan 2015, 20:37 PM
Patrion 14

I don't have any concerns. Am occasionally bemused, which is different.
29 Jan 2015, 20:49 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

I don't have any concerns. Am occasionally bemused, which is different.

Same reply then. ;)

Currently, it is a very fine line, as to what stays or goes...if the staff stuck strictly to the guidelines, this thread would probably be dead in the water - and it could still be pulled.

As it is, in view of the current hiatus, it is probably best to let posters vent to a degree. For myself, I just wish we could have some indicator as to the next patch (or whatever), which could then enable the board to stabilise.
29 Jan 2015, 21:01 PM
Patrion 14

FWIW I think the OP's post was perfectly reasonable. Plus, it's Hans, and whatever people like to say or think this community has people whose word means more than others. It's fair to say he's one of them.
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS