Login

russian armor

The Community and Relic.

• This thread is locked
PAGES (10)down
29 Jan 2015, 21:27 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

FWIW I think the OP's post was perfectly reasonable. Plus, it's Hans, and whatever people like to say or think this community has people whose word means more than others. It's fair to say he's one of them.

'The Old Sweat's' post @ #35 sums it up, I think.

I started with vCoH in April 2009 - and the lack of support became palpable. If Relic are moving onto a new game (vide their recent job adverts), the same fate could befall CoH2 - I hope not, but I have no inside information. In this regard, you may wish to track the Southern Boys Klan - PQ was a member.
29 Jan 2015, 21:40 PM

In this regard, you may wish to track the Southern Boys Klan - I'd love to be a member.

Please direct all your questions to our (as of now) official press secretary Major Bloodnok.

PS: We prefer to just be called "The Klan" for nostalgia reasons :)
29 Jan 2015, 21:41 PM

SB rules the waves
29 Jan 2015, 21:42 PM

SB rules the waves

The waves of the Ganges??
29 Jan 2015, 21:44 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Please direct all your questions to our (as of now) official press secretary Major Bloodnok.

PS: We prefer to just be called "The Klan" for nostalgia reasons :)

To clarify; I have no desire to be a Klansman in any Klan. :) I have seen how it can distort judgment. e.g. here: Senseo's evident misquote;)

Back to topic
29 Jan 2015, 21:44 PM

-sb- is beauty

-sb- is love
29 Jan 2015, 23:16 PM

I think relic is doing a good job in this regard. I will say it seems like the community is somewhat like a Darkest Hour or IL-2 sim game community in that they're very demanding.

Also, I'll say that the "SB" group seems to be taken much more seriously than they probably should be/are. That's what I've seen at least.
29 Jan 2015, 23:32 PM

I think relic is doing a good job in this regard. I will say it seems like the community is somewhat like a Darkest Hour or IL-2 sim game community in that they're very demanding.

It's not usually this demanding, it's just we're getting restless because the game has some severe balance problems right now, yet Relic shows zero intention to fix them. And as far as Relic goes, they haven't keyed us in on any new information since Ardennes Assault came out. They are extremely tight-lipped and according to this thread, SEGA's soulless suits are at fault.
29 Jan 2015, 23:35 PM

It's not usually this demanding, it's just we're getting restless because the game has some severe balance problems right now, yet Relic shows zero intention to fix them. And as far as Relic goes, they haven't keyed us in on any new information since Ardennes Assault came out. They are extremely tight-lipped and according to this thread, SEGA's faceless suits are at fault.

I've heard of a COH2 -> BattleTanx crossover, but don't tell anyone.
30 Jan 2015, 02:12 AM
Patrion 14

Relic should just let us know what they are working on, what they got for this game in the future. Thats all I have to say about this.
30 Jan 2015, 04:38 AM

Also, I'll say that the "SB" group seems to be taken much more seriously than they probably should be/are. That's what I've seen at least.

+1
30 Jan 2015, 06:24 AM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

wat.

blaming one of coh2s most prominent longtime casters for voicing concerns, for the posts of others?
how does that even make sense.

how do you justify yourself as senior staff, provoking and antagonizing like this?
you raise a false premise. threads go wherever posters, with their opinions, take it.

whixh raises the question, where are you trying to take it yourself?
your post is categorically ad hominem, and completely besides the point and impetus of both OP and posters in this thread.

"I don't mean to offend" is is in the same league as I'm not racist but", not as bad, but further down the leaderboard.

Further, you know these conversations always turn into bitchfests within a page or two

Thanks for you support here Cannonade I'm glad that I'm not the only one seeing van Voort's comments as shameful.

As for van Voort what on earth are you talking about? How can you compare what I said to being racist? You're blowing this out of proportion and directly offending me. As a senior editor I am appalled by you're behaviour. "These conversations" as Cannonade rightly put it only turn into said "bitchfests" when people act like you. If you wish to discuss this further please message me directly.
30 Jan 2015, 07:33 AM

As ever, Nullist is the voice of reason. Why was he ever banned to begin with? He brings a sense of decency and raw logic these forums have long missed.

I agree with Hans' general sentiments, though it is unfortunate that van Voort's comments have dragged us a little off-topic.

Perhaps Cynthia will reply here when she gets back from the UK next week. Here's hoping, anyway.
30 Jan 2015, 13:59 PM

Coh2.org has done enormous benefit and promotion for this game.

Ive said it before, and will never stop, how amazing this site and its community is, from the raw architecture of the site itself and its various functionalities, its (mostly) reasonable population and culture, all the way to its home grown SNF.

This is the home away from the "official" alternative site, and (no offense Relic) better in just about all ways that matter :D

Having said that, lets return to Hans' suggestions.

1) Engage with the Streamers of CoH2.

This carries degrees of risk when it comes to actually participating in the stream. Its an uncontrolled environment, from a company perspective, and I understand that a CM would have some serious concerns about showing up, the attention that would bring, and every single word being revised/revisited/reinterpreted into who knows what. They make a very large and prominent target for trolls. Having said that, there are two caveats:

A) I wont name any streamers specifically, but most of the prominent streamers , Im sure, would moderate extremely strictly in defence and favor of a visiting Relic CM. Trust is a hard thing on the internet. There are risks, but also, as Hans points out, enormous potential benefits. I might be wrong, but I seem to remember Noun appearing once or twice, perhaps in SNF, to drop some promotional codes?

Regardless of that, yes, showing up carries risk, but, I think it is also the future.

Streaming of games is becoming a lucrative market, in and of itself, even so far that South Park has aired an episode on the phenomenon. If I was CM, I would want to capitalize on that, and find a way to ride the wave to mutual benefit. CoH2, and Relic, is very lucky to have such quality streamers, tried and tested. Shit, Hans even visited HQ on invitation. You trusted him enough to bring him to you and meet him in person, and he has reciprocated with hundreds (if not thousands) of hours of streaming and also no doubt crucial feedback. If you cant trust him in the community (as one example in particular) then who? I said I wouldnt name, but also Ami (our beloved overlord) and ImperialDane are some of the old guard, also invited to HQ, and also countless hours of effort, contribution, streaming and feedback.

If you cant trust these guys (to have named just a few, and I apologize to those I have not, but I know who you are), then who?

How can it, in anyway, in any sense, get better than what is already available to you?
Who else..?
What more..?

Trust. Its hard. Requires a lot from both sides, but the mutual benefits are potentially enormous. Yes, these streamers are imperfect, but such is to be human. But if you give a little, it just might so happen, that you also in turn receive. Something to think about there...

B) I dont think Hans meant just showing up in the streams of prominet casters. There are other ways to support streamers. Primary would be providing DLC for them to showcase. Another option is involving streamers more prominently in conjunction with official Relic site/events. Im not CM. I aint paid to come up with these new and innovative ways. From what I know of Cynthia, I have confidence she is smart and edgy enough to think of something.

2) Feature Community Content on Facebook.

FB is a marketer/publicists/CMs wet dream come true. They would have KILLED for a free service with such phenonemenal viewer numbers and participation in previous decades.

Shameless plug upcoming, but true nonetheless.

CoH2.org (especially its trending list) and the streamers nested here, are a buffet ready for the eating.
The content just doesnt stop, day after day, really good shit coming out for free.
(Except poor Ami, who has to pay for the site).

You cant buy this kind of content. And yet here it is, everyday, by the bucket load, for fucking free.

The invitation has been sent.
The table is set.
All your friends are already seated.
The content is real, delicious and free.

What are you waiting for?

DIG IN ALREADY! :D

30 Jan 2015, 14:56 PM

I was wondering... you all want more communication with Relic (totally understand that) but how many of you are communicating with Relic?????
What i mean by that is, how many of you are posting on Relics Forums???
If someone wanted to communicate with me a would love it if he did that directly with me and not through my friend ("me" is the official Forums,"friend" is COH2.org).

I dont see your names at Relic Forums, or does everybody use other names (or am i wrong HANS???).
So everybdy start looking at your selfs before blaming Relic for everything.

Just saying...
30 Jan 2015, 15:00 PM

I was wondering... you all want more communication with Relic (totally understand that) but how many of you are communicating with Relic?????
What i mean by that is, how many of you are posting on Relics Forums???
If someone wanted to communicate with me a would love it if he did that directly with me and not through my friend ("me" is the official Forums,"friend" is COH2.org).

I dont see your names at Relic Forums, or does everybody use other names (or am i wrong HANS???).
So everybdy start looking at your selfs before blaming Relic for everything.

Just saying...

As someone who is on relic forums pretty much every day, well, imagine jaigen and cannonade.

Now imagine that vast majority of population for both sides(naturally skewed towards axis chapter of panzer and MG42 cult, because argumentations of these people clearly indicate that they have forsaken sanity long time ago) are jaigens and cannonades with about 10 people writing something reasonable sometimes only for it to be burried by the jainnonade onslaught on the zealous crusade to make their only faction of choice superior to putin himself.

Thats why everyone stays away from them.
Official boards are like Space Hulk.

You might find an artifact of worth there, but is it really worth taking the risk of having your face chewed on by the hoard of brainless collective linked only by the goal of self superiority, attacking everyone that doesn't agree, regardless of how much valid data, examples, gameplays or other evidence was provided?

I'm mostly going there to entertain myself with all these clowns, engaging in normal discussion is possible, but more rare then Relic admitting a mistake.
30 Jan 2015, 15:06 PM

I agree with Nullist (again) but I wasn't aware he'd apparently returned from Syria with a change of heart.
30 Jan 2015, 15:11 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Thanks for you support here Cannonade I'm glad that I'm not the only one seeing van Voort's comments as shameful.

As for van Voort what on earth are you talking about? How can you compare what I said to being racist? You're blowing this out of proportion and directly offending me. As a senior editor I am appalled by you're behaviour. "These conversations" as Cannonade rightly put it only turn into said "bitchfests" when people act like you. If you wish to discuss this further please message me directly.

There is a thread on this where we have discussed this backstage

Rather than post to that you have responded to Cannonade's transparent attempt to bait.

PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS