Login

russian armor

Make War not Love 2 - The Rematch

PAGES (20)down
16 Feb 2015, 11:34 AM

V-2 OFF-MAP coming!!!!!
16 Feb 2015, 11:55 AM

Close the Pocket was never nerfed, people just L2P.
16 Feb 2015, 12:10 PM

Close the Pocket was never nerfed, people just L2P.

Not really, they just never used it, because they realized the doctrine have no place due to muni drain and no heavy therefore forcing you to go T4.
16 Feb 2015, 15:57 PM

Yay free skin.......mean while, waiting for a Ober balance patch.
16 Feb 2015, 16:33 PM

This entire thread has turned into to an pessimists vs optimists war. Nice.
16 Feb 2015, 16:41 PM
Benefactor 115

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2015, 08:35 AMFul4n0

sure, and then, Cruzz came and release his kappatch in 24 hours giving us a more balanced product....

You give too much credit to a mod that hasn't had widespread testing. If the kappatch changes had been officially implemented, somethings would be better, but I can guarantee that there are unforeseen issues issues.

Anyways....

Back on topic: Woot! We won! Yay, free stuff!
16 Feb 2015, 16:56 PM

Yes, there are Bugs and Balancing issues, and they ruin the game. Both the Community AND Relic are aware of that. Do you think whining will make them work faster? All those guys crying about "not enough balancepatches", well, they could patch it more frequently, but then we will have smaller, not thought through patches, which will probably be worse. There is a reason that the balance patch takes time, and that is that Relic probably takes its time to check how and what happen if they change that and that. I find that better than them throwing a patch out every month and then "just see how that plays out". Imagine the balance then...! Balancing 4 factions and a shitton of units is no easy task!

You know the really sad thing is Cruzz is one guy who ON HIS OWN and FOR FREE has made a mod that makes the game better.
16 Feb 2015, 18:03 PM

You know the really sad thing is Cruzz is one guy I know about who ON HIS OWN and FOR FREE has made a mod that makes the game better and is spam-promoted ad nauseam on all existing forums -- past, present or future.

That's a little more accurate now.
16 Feb 2015, 18:07 PM

You know the really sad thing is Cruzz is one guy who ON HIS OWN and FOR FREE has made a mod that makes the game better.

That is actually just wild biased speculation, no one can really tell if cruzz's mod is properly balanced since we lack a proper play test aka automatch for several weeks. His changelog might sound great, but the true impact on the game remains unknown.
16 Feb 2015, 18:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2015, 11:34 AMarmatak
V-2 OFF-MAP coming!!!!!

If they added a V2 launcher truck to the game I would buy what the commander it was a part of in a heartbeat.

And that's nothing compared to the DoW II Elite Mod, which remains balanced with new units being constantly added to the game despite having 7 factions.
17 Feb 2015, 08:47 AM

Is it just me, or is this thread totaly out of control :unsure:

Yeah, it's supposed to be about the us against them for free stuff. And when I went "YAY" to boost team spirit I was totally ignored and the stupid-relic-unbalance-rant just continued... :(
17 Feb 2015, 09:13 AM

If they added a V2 launcher truck to the game I would buy what the commander it was a part of in a heartbeat.

Would you still buy it if it would be soviet commander with "Captured V2 launcher truck"? :p
24 Feb 2015, 14:29 PM
Senior Editor Badge

update from Cynthia:

Yet another update! Huzzah!

Due to everyone's thoughtful feedback, we're going to be opening up the Make War Not Love rewards to everyone. We are still working on the logistics of this and how it will be handled, but I wanted to be sure and deliver this news to you guys as soon as I had it!

So if you were frustrated by the fact that you did not know you had to play during MWNL to qualify for the rewards, you will still get a chance to own them.

As soon as the logistics are sorted out, I will let you guys know how this is going to be done.

Thanks for your patience

http://community.companyofheroes.com/forum/company-of-heroes-2/company-of-heroes-2-general-discussion/150619-make-war-not-love-2-0/page12

24 Feb 2015, 18:38 PM

About time they saw sense on this issue.
24 Feb 2015, 18:42 PM

I wish the skins could be disabled (I really don't like fantasy skins that aren't timid about letting people know they are fantasy skins), and that we would have gotten different commanders. Maybe a Soviet CAS commander and a German Advanced Warfare commander? I mean it's not like War Spoils doesn't give the old commanders, in fact I got CAS from WS about a week prior to the event.
25 Feb 2015, 16:04 PM
Senior Editor Badge

more from Cynthia:

I agree with most of this. I think that it's fair for event-based rewards to be restricted to those participating in the events or contributing to them, but definitely feel that on our end we didn't convey this clearly. This is why I made the recommendation to change the rewards granting for this year. Happy it's now been approved. For future events, and next years MWNL (if it happens - I don't want to 'promise' something a full year out when we all know things can change) we will be working to ensure that messaging is much better aligned in every aspect, even when written by different authors. It was an awkward aspect of this promo, not going to lie. I don't want the awkwardness of our phrasing to impact the community, that seems unfair. Addressing this and then ensuring future messaging is more consistent seems like the best compromise.

Moar events? Yes. I also agree! For us right now, it's a bandwidth issue. That might be a weird thing to hear, but it is what it is - a truth. So we're working on a number of different things right now, from both the community perspective and the development perspective. All is quiet at the moment regarding where we are going and what we are doing, but we're currently laying the foundation for more.

Back to MWNL on-topic I don't want to derail this thread any further, so if people have new questions or comments about something else, I encourage you to start new threads. Keeping in mind that I am not always able to answer everything you ask (no matter how much I'd love to!)

http://community.companyofheroes.com/forum/company-of-heroes-2/company-of-heroes-2-general-discussion/150619-make-war-not-love-2-0?p=153863#post153863

25 Feb 2015, 16:10 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2015, 16:04 PMnigo
more from Cynthia:

they've been quiet for like 3 months. how much of 'laying the foundation' do we have to sit through before we hear an actual announcement about moving the game forward? i.e. balance patch date, supply etc etc
27 Feb 2015, 20:25 PM
Patrion 28

it takes a shit ton of time to lay the foundations of a building when you have one or two people.
2 Mar 2015, 14:46 PM

About time they saw sense on this issue.

Now all we wait for is for every other entity having special events to distribute the special rewards from those events to everyone that didn't participate so that those events become less special or borderline meaningless.
3 Mar 2015, 22:57 PM
PAGES (20)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight