Login

russian armor

Püppchen and his problems

26 Jan 2015, 13:04 PM
Donator 11

A lot of OKW related problems root from the raketenwerfer (Schreckblob-meta and always panther)
The püppchen was mentioned a lot in ohter threads so i think it deserves it's own.

My suggestions:
Buff aim time to 0.125 sec like all other paks
Nerf long range accuracy of shreks
26 Jan 2015, 13:17 PM

I'm all for the long range shreck nerf but I still dont think the buff aim time will cause players to get more raketenwerfer. Shrecks cost muni and are on the cheapest main infantry unit in the game, players will still continue to get shrecks and put that manpower elsewhere (like floating because they can :foreveralone: )
26 Jan 2015, 13:23 PM

I'd like to reduce the aim time, increase the range to 60, and replace the vet extra range with damage or pen.
26 Jan 2015, 14:04 PM

When playing as OKW I allways praise god when I´m able to capture an abandoned PaK40 or M1 57mm ATG or ZiS 3. I agree completely with OP´s suggestions. Even if people will continue to get Schrecks I would be happy if there was a proper alternative to them.
26 Jan 2015, 14:08 PM

Make püppchen better and reduce the long range accuracy of schreks and give Volks instead Panzerfaust and with T3 access to schrek but when they have schrek they should not longer able to use Panzerfaust :O
26 Jan 2015, 14:22 PM
Patrion 14

Make püppchen better and reduce the long range accuracy of schreks and give Volks instead Panzerfaust and with T3 access to schrek but when they have schrek they should not longer able to use Panzerfaust :O

Giving Fausts to Volks in that way will make them only more deadly to vehicles. The blob is then able to first cripple and after that kill the tanks.
26 Jan 2015, 14:31 PM

If you think raketenwerfers are bad, you need to spam more raketenwerfers.

On a more seriuos note, raketenwerfers can get a buff if volksgrenadier shrecks get nerfed.
26 Jan 2015, 14:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jan 2015, 14:22 PMSikko

Giving Fausts to Volks in that way will make them only more deadly to vehicles. The blob is then able to first cripple and after that kill the tanks.

yo that right was just a upcoming mind
26 Jan 2015, 14:46 PM

Permanently Banned
If only veterancy wasn't nerfed so hard and the squad bunching wasn't so bad. The racketenwerfer used to be pretty good when you could reliably get it to vet 3, but its not that great as of now. Reduce aim time and increase rate at which is obtains vet.
26 Jan 2015, 15:42 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

26 Jan 2015, 15:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jan 2015, 14:31 PMBurts
If you think raketenwerfers are bad, you need to spam more raketenwerfers.

On a more seriuos note, raketenwerfers can get a buff if volksgrenadier shrecks get nerfed.

This has been suggested before and it kinda makes sense. They can't remove schreks because OKW heavily relies on them, but of they tweak pupchen and give them fauste, a lot of problems can be solved. Even PzB AT rifle upgrade can be good to counter light armor.
26 Jan 2015, 16:32 PM

People don't think an aim time buff is enough apparently but I think it should be the first buff. The aim time right now is pretty bad.
26 Jan 2015, 16:55 PM

Main problem is it takes too long to aim,that coupled with its short range means by the time it hits usually tank is also in range to hit it.Then with no shield and 4 men it gets one shotted.Retreat button doesn't even come into play on many occasions.
26 Jan 2015, 17:11 PM
Patrion 14

OP is correct. Alternatively, just implement the bit of the excellent OKW revision mod where Volks are riflemen only and a dedicated four-man AT shrek unit is available from the T1 truck.

So you can have an immediate puppchen from the HQ, better than the current one, *and* choose infantry AT a bit later.
26 Jan 2015, 17:22 PM

Aim time needs to be better, possibly also accuracy (not hitting all kinds of random objects instead, that is). That alone will be a great improvement.

It will still lack range which is a big disadvantage, but we have to accept that it is weaker than a Pak 40.
26 Jan 2015, 17:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jan 2015, 17:22 PMgokkel
Aim time needs to be better, possibly also accuracy (not hitting all kinds of random objects instead, that is). That alone will be a great improvement.

It will still lack range which is a big disadvantage, but we have to accept that it is weaker than a Pak 40.

Agreed. Its allowed to retreat, garrison, and is cheap. It should BE the AT Squad for OKW since its more infantry than weapon team. Right now its just not viable because it cant aim and shoot fast enough and Shreks are just so much better. I mean why Pupp when you can Shrek?
26 Jan 2015, 17:58 PM
Patrion 14

The good news and bad news is (a) this would be so easy to fix but (b) Relic ain't listening.
26 Jan 2015, 18:16 PM

Two serperate problems.

Yes aimtime is all they need, so the timewindow an unsupported tank has until it can drive out of the arc again is shorter and fast vehicles get shot at all and can not more or less drive through the whole arc of fire without the stupid thinkg beeing ready to fire. You cant buff it on all levels to other pak standards because it can retreat.

I leave Schreckblobmeta to antoher dedicated thread...
26 Jan 2015, 22:21 PM
Donator 11

Remove shreks from Volks and replace it with something else like AT rifles or AT nades plus faust

26 Jan 2015, 23:09 PM

Another problem with Puppchen is that the crew bunch up very badly. Even when they don't, there are always the 2 men manning the gun being within a meter of each other, so an explosion hitting near the middle of the gun has a high chance to wipe them both out. Perhaps they could take reduced damage from explosions or make it only need one man to operate and move like the Heavy Mortar.

I still believe that Panzerschrecks should be moved to Sturmpioneers, they already have lines for them anyway. Move them to Sturms, one on a squad, maybe a faster RoF to make them more dangerous since there will be much less of them. Give Volks an SMG or AR (not as good as PG's or Sturms) upgrade and dirt cheap Panzerfaust that only does health damage, as a deterrent, no crits.

Poop-chan

:D
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 44
Germany 30
Germany 81
Israel 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W