Login

russian armor

Dawn of War 3 likely under development

• This thread is locked
21 Jan 2015, 04:16 AM

- Relic posting numerous (recent) open positions at the company
- Dawn of War community seems to be getting re-staffed on Relic's end and a bit of a shot in the arm.
- The WH40k license is not owned by Sega, and has reverted to Games Workshop, who have taken an open approach with it, allowing several companies to develop games over the last few years.

It may be too early for an E3 announcement, but it seems that it is likely under development. The series was rather popular so it's a bit of a no-brainer as Relic's next project.
21 Jan 2015, 05:09 AM

There had been talk of this since even before Coh2 launched. Lots of rumours, little/no substance.

I do hope it is true, it would at least partly explain why coh2 is in such a shit state currently.

Cautiously optimistic about DoW 3. I LOVED DoW1, but DoW2 was a HUGE let down. High chance that DoW3 will just be a broken DLC-fest like CoH2. Happy to be proven wrong, but I know the chance is slim to none.
21 Jan 2015, 06:32 AM

I wish people would stop going on about DoW3, They said there working on something big on coh2 that's why as it seems like they might make an opposing fronts style expansion. Also the rights to Warhammer are with gamesworkshop and they would not start development unless they get it. If they do develop it though they need to actularly make you be able to customize your army and include all the factions

I don't know id you can tell by my apathy but I would rather coh3 than DoW
21 Jan 2015, 07:05 AM

I wish people would stop going on about DoW3, They said there working on something big on coh2 that's why as it seems like they might make an opposing fronts style expansion. Also the rights to Warhammer are with gamesworkshop and they would not start development unless they get it. If they do develop it though they need to actularly make you be able to customize your army and include all the factions

I don't know id you can tell by my apathy but I would rather coh3 than DoW

Like I said, GW has been allowing various studios to make games with the license. We got Space Hulk as a self-published game from Full Control studios in 2013. In 2014 we got "WH40K: Armageddon" from Flashback Games + The Lordz Games Studio and published by Slitherine Ltd. We are now getting Battlefleet Gothic: Armada from Tindalos Interactive, as well as "Total War: Warhammer" from Creative Assembley published by Sega.

Not saying it's 100% totally confirmed that DoW3 is now being worked on, but it is quite probable. There is absolutely a precedent for GW being extremely liberal with the license right now, and Sega is already working with GW properties. It's an established, profitable series and it seems like Relic is hiring new blood to expand. The revitalized interest in the DoW / DoW2 community seems to be a hint that they want to foster those communities going into the future. Could Relic work on a big expansion for CoH2 while also starting development of DoW3? Absolutely.
21 Jan 2015, 10:23 AM

As long as there is orks in it, I'll be pleased.
21 Jan 2015, 12:21 PM

I hope it is true, and I see no Reason whatso ever why they would add a communitymanager for DoW1-2 / make small fixes to the game, if they didn't plan SOMETHING.

Hopefully it is DoW3, but maybe they will just release more DLC for Dow1/2 to get more money out of them :D
4 Mar 2015, 15:09 PM
6 Mar 2015, 19:34 PM
Benefactor 115

judging by a lot of talks and events Relic have been holding it looks like they might be dropping the essence engine and making new products on Unity instead.
6 Mar 2015, 20:35 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

I don't think Relic would release another RTS game so early, I think they are working on something else instead. I am not saying DOW3 could not be under work right as we speak but that I strongly believe it's not the next game Relic will release publicly.
6 Mar 2015, 23:39 PM

They might do another major dlc for coh2 first, but personally I'm expecting a DoW3 announcement this year with 2016 release.
7 Apr 2015, 20:30 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

They might do another major dlc for coh2 first, but personally I'm expecting a DoW3 announcement this year with 2016 release.

Oh jeez, I'd hope not. The patch lull over the holidays already made the CoH2 community go nuts. CoH2's PR would probably shatter if they heard about Relic working majorly on another title (and I say this regardless of whether their staff is properly allocated to do so, people would assume the worst).
1 Mar 2016, 17:27 PM
Senior Editor Badge

1 Mar 2016, 17:41 PM

necrons comming weeeee /hype train no woder we get shitty patches for coh2 /take my money relic
1 Mar 2016, 17:46 PM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Any super Warhammer 40k fans know their lore enough to tell us who this is?
1 Mar 2016, 17:46 PM

DOW 3 definitely on the works.
1 Mar 2016, 17:50 PM
Admin Red  Badge

Looks like a Necron to me.
1 Mar 2016, 17:55 PM

Just some random Necron. Might be the Lord

Pretty sure they just going to add new Last stand hero to make some cash
1 Mar 2016, 17:56 PM

It's a Necron Overlord who will be implemented to DoW II's The Last Stand mode, it's not DoW III art.

I can confirm this via Steam achievements for this character in TLS.

However, it is possible he may also make his way into DoW III at a later date.

HYPE.
1 Mar 2016, 18:01 PM
Patrion 14

Made by Lelic :guyokay:
1 Mar 2016, 18:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Mar 2016, 17:56 PMSwift
It's a Necron Overlord who will be implemented to DoW II's The Last Stand mode, it's not DoW III art.

I can confirm this via Steam achievements for this character in TLS.

However, it is possible he may also make his way into DoW III at a later date.

HYPE.

Are you sure it's Last Stand achievements ? What if they ll add new faction? :D

Edit: nvm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5jUX28SBnQ&feature=youtu.be
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment