Login

russian armor

Well that stream was... *sigh*

PAGES (13)down
17 Jan 2015, 23:16 PM

Multiplayer Content?

17 Jan 2015, 23:17 PM
Patrion 28

I agree with your statement about the quality of this game, I rarely dump this much money into a game for DLC, hell I think I paid less for all my Battlefield 4 stuff which include CE and premium. I do expect a game to be in a good state especially if I paid a lot for it. Relic should make betas more accessible for everyone. It worked for Battlefield with the Community Test Environment and EA and DICE got lots of praise for doing it.

yeah, BF4 is a flat 100. this game was 100 plus the two ToWs AAA didn't cover, WFAs, and AA. plus commanders and skins not in any of the above. damn i've dumped a lot of money into this game... haven't bought AA or any of the most recent commanders either...
17 Jan 2015, 23:43 PM

Did Relic ever call it a balance patch? I'm looking at the changelog and all it says is 'December Update'.

I'm not sure how bugfixes and optimizations don't have any effect on multiplayer though.

Oh and I don't know about you but I'd call the ISU getting a weapon ammo toggle and the Jagdtiger not being able to pierce through objects quite a big change.

I do, but just because I'm defending Relic on a few points doesn't mean I agree with a lot of what they do. You realise we don't have complete influence over the changes that are being made right?

Relic called December patch as balance patch, when you look at changelog all patches are called updates.

Oh and ISU and jagdtiger changes were already applied with AA release (month earlier), in Dec patch they just said what have changed, which was known already (thanks to Dr.Cruzz)

About alpha forums, all i know is that MVRelic listens to MVDanes and all kind of him (fanboiz)
17 Jan 2015, 23:56 PM

So you take your wife out to dinner right? You buy her a dress and stuff for her birthday. Now that you have spent money on her does that give you the right to abuse her everyday and tell her she is a POS and worthless? Do you think she is gonna want to make love with you that night or even stay married to you or make you dinner?

Is it from your life experience? :snfPeter:

Oh Barton PlEASE! A lot of money on this game? give me a break! I love you man but seriously this community is just being childish and unrealistic and hindering the success or potential success of this game with this Bitter BullSh#t.

And Yes I bought Collectors Edition I have bought all DLC, all single player missions, there is only 1 or two faceplates I havent bought. I pre-ordered everything when I could and have paid full price no sales. And even with the more expensive prices relic puts on their stuff in real world terms Dollers to Hours of entertainment value you cannot find a cheaper price of admission anywhere for the level of entertainment you get here and that is also a fact. Think about this as well taking your family or a couple friends to the movies for two hours of entertainment for one day can cost up to 60 dollars or more!

If you are on these forums I highly doubt you have under 300 hours of play in Company of Heroes 2 which makes this game the cheapest entertainment around even more so if you are buying at the now discounted prices.

Same thing with Relic, Lots of you are just straight up abusing the Relic devs and justifying it becuase you bought some dirt cheap entertainment. Its bullshit and its wrong and this community is getting more then they deserve by the fact that Relic still supports the game at all.

BTW Barton POS= Piece of Sh#t

Also one thing I want to make clear. I am not denying there are issues with the game, I am not saying Relic has done everything perfectly, sure they have made some mistakes, they are just trying to make their way in the world in a changing market just like me and you.

I am speaking out agianst the way we act on these forums and how much abuse goes on towards each other towards Relic, towards the game. I am pretty certain things would be a lot different as far as support goes and how the game is, if we could all just be a little more willing to put a little thought into what we are actually posting and show eacy other a little respect even if they do have a different oppinion then you.

1. don't compare movies to never ending games, for the price we paid in this game we deserve to play it with no bugs and no OP stuff, CoH1 had 3 products to buy (vanilla, OF, ToV) while CoH2 has hundreds DLC's and still CoH1 is better balanced, optimized with probably zero bugs and community support was better (at that times it was good, full mod tools were released for example)

17 Jan 2015, 23:57 PM

Relic called December patch as balance patch, when you look at changelog all patches are called updates.

Oh and ISU and jagdtiger changes were already applied with AA release (month earlier), in Dec patch they just said what have changed, which was known already (thanks to Dr.Cruzz)

Oh, right. Fair enough.

About alpha forums, all i know is that MVRelic listens to MVDanes and all kind of him (fanboiz)

That's not really true, but I won't go into it any further than that cuz I might break the #########NDA
18 Jan 2015, 00:20 AM

The Southern Boys seemed to quickly evaporate both by the desertion of the other Southern Boy

I <444>3 the Southern Boys, I would love to be a member

Wow everyone... there seems to be a huge missunderstanding?!?!?! That was the first official SB Twitch Stream yesterday, and Relic was our guest!?!?!?! Wow, such confusion.

Disclaimer: No, it was of course a regular Relic Entertainment stream, i already voiced my opinion about the stream on the official forums so I will not repeat myself here.

But btw Bloodnok: Only one Southern Boy "deserted" as he simply had to leave, what is the problem again? The other SB people I know simply watched the stream, as quite a few of us are CoH2 fans. But I really have no idea why you feel the need of bringing all of this up.

PS: We are still accepting members, send your application via PM, but dont forget a proper bribe :)
18 Jan 2015, 00:23 AM

[Tedious and predictable anti-SB diatribe]

How on earth did you manage to spread out 'I hate James Hale and all his clan [Klan?] members' into so many paragraphs? I'm not sure that it's an achievement of particular note, but I certainly feel it merits a proverbial pat on the back.

I'll say this, Major. I respect the fact that you're open minded and fairly objective about these things; if I ever felt that you had some sort of personal vendetta against myself or my associates (I won't say 'friends' because, joking aside, most of those people are truly abhorrent, a fact to which I think even they would subscribe) then I'd consider taking this little spat of ours to a higher power.

Incidentally, Renner is in SB, yes. I don't even like him, and I certainly didn't invite him, but some things are beyond even my control (self restraint is another) and so the rest of us simply agreed to put up with him. He does have a great voice, though. (You're welcome to chat with us on Skype any time).

Can't we just let bygones be bygones? Is the olive branch of friendship no longer in vogue?

It's a new year, Major. Let's put our differences aside and work together for the benefit of the community. :)

PS: Peter was our Player of the Week October 19th - 26th of last year. He's got loads of anecdotes about that if you're interested. Haha, those tacos were really something.

PPS: Highly ambitious? Extremely divisive? Sexist? I refute your (apparently not as secure as first believed) claims, sir.
18 Jan 2015, 00:32 AM
Patrion 14

James Hale? Are you the bloke who is / was possibly the worst moderator in the history of the Internet?

Relic missed an opportunity to start 2015 on a different direction with more clear and concise communication. How cool would it have been if Relic gave us a sense of direction for 2015 straight up. "Hey peeps, we have been looking into what the community wants for 2015 and here our are priories for Q1. Bug fix patch is coming in January, balancing patch sometime after as we prepare for e-Sports. It's going to be a big year, new content and such that we'll share with you once its in a more polished state. We'll be able to talk more about this in Q2!"

vs. what we got on the stream yesterday

"Hey peeps, we are working on some things we can't talk about but we are excited to share the information with you when we can."

Notice the differences and similarities?

Both approach respect the NDA. One approach builds street hype, the other builds resentment as we can clearly tell that they are purposely holding back.

Frustrating on all sides.

Two things caused me to leave the Steam early though. Maybe he was just having a bad day but PQ's dismissive attitude towards suggestions and balancing complaints, some of which the community has been talking about for 6 months. The other thing is the community's treatment of Cynthia. Some of the cheeky shit you nerds are putting her (and other Relic employees) through is harassment. I'm not sure what kind of response you are hoping to get from them. Do you purposely want them to dread talking to the community? Because that is fantastic way to make it happen. I got a message specific to those who act in this way.

There should NOT have been a Q and A when Peter was playing the game. He himself complained that he couldnt focus on giving out answers while playing the game. Aside from extremely bad justifications in response to the questions.

Ridiculously inconclusive answers:

"Why can the flak halftrack penetrate medium tanks (schwerer panzer HQ)" Answer: "Why shouldnt it?" -_-

"When will USF get heavy tanks?" Answer: "Isnt the sherman bulldozer heavy enough?" -_-

Then someone asked why Soviets have weak AA and Peter said that it was a purposeful disadvantage (i myself never considered that it was on purpose), and then he answered "Why do zergs need to hatch from eggs?"... What? *facepalm*
18 Jan 2015, 00:33 AM

@BeltFedWombat

Is that a loaded question? I think it qualifies. ;)

EDIT: Oops! Sorry, wrong guy.
18 Jan 2015, 00:37 AM
Patrion 14

James Hale? Are you the bloke who is / was possibly the worst moderator in the history of the Internet?
Yep he very much is. Don't take him too serious
18 Jan 2015, 00:40 AM
Patrion 14

Now we've got that out of the way.

All I want from Relic is:

1. Performance tweaks. My rig is a monster. It is the large hadron collider. I paid a lot of money for it and it eats other games for breakfast. Yet I have some issues with CoH2. This makes me a sad panda.

2. A balance patch that does for OKW what the March Deployment patch did for the other factions.

3. A more relaxed, chilled-out attitude towards discussing stuff. You aren't the NSA. Chill. The' Fuck. Out.

4. Related to 3, why in general terms don't you just discuss what you'd like to do in future. Man, I've followed the Creative Assembly for *years* before and after Sega. They discuss stuff in a way you don't. Take the criticism, Relic, we love what you do but this is (by a country mile) your biggest problem as a company and hamstrings any attempt to have a meaningful dialogue with fans / customers and community.

5. Yeah, this community is fractious and a bit of a nightmare. It's like herding cats. Ignore fifty per cent of what they say. Do stuff for single player. Then ignore another forty per cent. But ten percent of what this community says is golden. That's the bit that needs capturing. It's like that aftershave from Anchor Man. Sex Panther - I dunno, a third of the time it works thirty per cent of the time or whatever the fuck the quote is.

6. Man I love this game. At the same time I hate this game. You can't make a game like this and not expect people not to get passionate about it. Imagine if you'd made a 'meh' game.
18 Jan 2015, 00:46 AM

There should NOT have been a Q and A when Peter was playing the game. He himself complained that he couldnt focus on giving out answers while playing the game.

Ridiculously inconclusive answers:

"Why can the flak halftrack penetrate medium tanks (schwerer panzer HQ)" Answer: "Why shouldnt it?" -_-

"When will USF get heavy tanks?" Answer: "Isnt the sherman bulldozer heavy enough?" -_-

Then someone asked why Soviets have weak AA and Peter said that it was a purposeful disadvantage (i myself never considered that it was on purpose), and then he answered "Why do zergs need to hatch from eggs?"... What? *facepalm*

The one that made me go ugh, is when someone asked why shrecks and bazookas cost them same, even though one is vastly superior to the other. Ol' Pete answered "What do they give up on each side?":loco: I started to think, "Well Volks lose some shitty rifle and gain cold immunity and a skreck. P Grens lose 2 STG's and gain 2 shrecks... but P grens are meh. Stormtroopers gain a shreck and vehicle detection. Rifleman lose one or two M1 Garands and get two zooks, while Rear echelons are glass cannons with zooks." Mose people agree that the damage done by zooks does not reflect the cost well.
18 Jan 2015, 00:51 AM

Now we've got that out of the way.

All I want from Relic is:

1. Performance tweaks. My rig is a monster. It is the large hadron collider. I paid a lot of money for it and it eats other games for breakfast. Yet I have some issues with CoH2. This makes me a sad panda.

2. A balance patch that does for OKW what the March Deployment patch did for the other factions.

3. A more relaxed, chilled-out attitude towards discussing stuff. You aren't the NSA. Chill. The' Fuck. Out.

4. Related to 3, why in general terms don't you just discuss what you'd like to do in future. Man, I've followed the Creative Assembly for *years* before and after Sega. They discuss stuff in a way you don't. Take the criticism, Relic, we love what you do but this is (by a country mile) your biggest problem as a company and hamstrings any attempt to have a meaningful dialogue with fans / customers and community.

5. Yeah, this community is fractious and a bit of a nightmare. It's like herding cats. Ignore fifty per cent of what they say. Do stuff for single player. Then ignore another forty per cent. But ten percent of what this community says is golden. That's the bit that needs capturing. It's like that aftershave from Anchor Man. Sex Panther - I dunno, a third of the time it works thirty per cent of the time or whatever the fuck the quote is.

6. Man I love this game. At the same time I hate this game. You can't make a game like this and not expect people not to get passionate about it. Imagine if you'd made a 'meh' game.
This community is A LOT better than other games though, like Battlefield, Total War, Mass Effect, CoD.
18 Jan 2015, 00:52 AM
Patrion 14

^ That's like saying Mogadishu is better than Aleppo.
18 Jan 2015, 00:54 AM

^ That's like saying Mogadishu is better than Aleppo.
No more like saying our community (Dubai) is better than Baghdad (bigger game communities).
18 Jan 2015, 00:55 AM

"What do they give up on each side?"

And thats the completely wrong question. What should be asked when confronted about performance of the bazooka vs. panzerschreck is: "What kind of enemy are you facing when wielding such a weapon?" and "what are the alternatives/how effective are the alternatives?". Who cares about a measly rifle, and upgrading panzergrenadiers that have stgs - its not like you were going to use your panzerschreck holding squad to assault the enemy infantry anyways.
18 Jan 2015, 00:55 AM

I just finished watching the stream a few minutes ago and I have to say it wasn't too bad. I never saw what Cynthia looked like in real life, but she's pretty hot so the stream was worthwhile for me to watch. Trolls, genuine questions getting brushed aside because of Sega's or Relic's Draconian NDA and some comedy lines made for an entertaining stream.

It was a horrid CoH stream because we got the usual "we're very excited but we can't tell you" routine, but it was an entertaining stream that i watched all the way through.
18 Jan 2015, 00:57 AM

U.S. fights significantly heavier vehicles than what the Axis have to face except maybe the IS-2.
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 37
Germany 826
unknown 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %