Login

russian armor

Well that stream was... *sigh*

PAGES (13)down
17 Jan 2015, 07:20 AM
Donator 33

We should get a vote thread to see what at least the COH 2 community thinks of the NDA, should it go or should it stay. I've got my wild guess ready.

Switzerland <444>3
17 Jan 2015, 07:23 AM

So I'll take it the steam went poorly? If it did, I'm not surprised. Which is why I didn't bother to watch it in the first place.
17 Jan 2015, 07:24 AM

So I'll take it the steam went poorly? If it did, I'm not surprised. Which is why I didn't bother to watch it in the first place.
Pretty much doged every question about upcoming content.
17 Jan 2015, 07:56 AM

NDA is standard for video game developers.

Like it or lump it, they cannot talk about anything that has not been flagged.

So if PQ or whomever won't answer questions it is because they don't want to lose their job.

17 Jan 2015, 07:58 AM

Not a NDA this strict, it's like Relic doesn't understand what "hype" is.
17 Jan 2015, 08:14 AM

relic doesnt' understand PR at all, they're self destructive as fuck
17 Jan 2015, 08:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jan 2015, 04:46 AMAffe
Hahahha you guys here had so high hopes about there stream. You had dreams that they would release new Commanders, Fixing the Commanders, new Balance patch, new meta...........HAHAHA and you got NOTHING.

You guys will never learn. RELIC WILL NEVER FIX THIS GAME!

Dat true story.
17 Jan 2015, 08:18 AM

that stream was a slap in the face to everyone who cares about the game, it's 2015, they dodged questions by saying they can't talk about them when the reality is they probably have no idea about what they're going to do. as a guy who's only been in this community for a few months even i feel insulted.

17 Jan 2015, 08:18 AM
Patrion 14

Well, i don´t know. I guess there was about no substentional information in this stream. Cynthia´s answer regarding the performance problems was the biggest disappointment.

So far we haven't found anything, that suggests that there is a performance change in the game.

o_O

Or when asked about the balance of OKW Peter said something like "Oh, there is a balance problem?"

Another answer regarding the randomly blowing up flamethrowers.

The flamethrower might be a weapons which´s power we balanced based on that risk.

:*(
17 Jan 2015, 08:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jan 2015, 08:18 AMFanatic

Or when asked about the balance of OKW Peter said something like "Oh, there is a balance problem?"

The whole Team from Relic is living in another world far away from reality.
17 Jan 2015, 08:37 AM

And the game was never updated again...
17 Jan 2015, 09:06 AM

gg wp Relic, you trolled us again...
17 Jan 2015, 09:10 AM

Stuff like this is what most disgusts me

http://i.imgur.com/zuEmqc5.jpg

Don't even have the decency to scream NDA anymore.
17 Jan 2015, 09:11 AM

Not a NDA this strict, it's like Relic doesn't understand what "hype" is.

I cannot comment on their exact NDA but I can tell you that all the NDA's I've signed have been very strict and we're constantly reminded from our communications director not to answer any questions from the public or press unless the information is already out there.

The problem is that the nature of video games development is turbulent and very often things get cut or changed so announcing something before it is 100% completed and tested is risky.

To be fair I would say Sega is pretty guilty of being poor at PR, what I think they really failed at is how they released the game, WFA and AA.

Fragmented and overpriced.

17 Jan 2015, 09:12 AM

relic doesn't understand PR at all, they're self destructive as fuck

They have had this problems since... before DoW. They make fantastic games, but they don't know how to get the hype up (or don't want to). I don't think it's Sega's policy, because they've been like this in the old THQ days.

Although NDAs are essential parts of every game developing company or even Indie game makers, I think they are taking this to another level. CoH2 community is different. Small player base who know each other, very giving community which runs sites, polls and helps the devs in every way they can etc. I don't know what are they afraid of, like are we gonna start a riot if they don't release "promised content" or something? Other big companies give false promises on a daily basis and nobody cares.

This community has stood by them in their ups and down, when THQ was on the top back in vCoH times and even when they were facing problems. As a small part of this community I am kinda offended by their actions. I don't know what else can we do to convince upper management to change their policies even a little bit, but I think the community has done more than enough.

Reading this post, I had a flash back of FestiveLongjohns post :
http://www.coh2.org/topic/28808/relic-and-the-long-distance-relationship
17 Jan 2015, 09:19 AM
Patrion 28

it cuts both ways. people will get pissed if they promise and don't deliver but they should have the big shit figured out far enough in advance to drop some information. when they don't drop any they're either too scared, not on schedule, or are being mismanaged. stuff life, "the next factions are X and Y" or "our focus for the next month will be bugs but we have a balance patch in the works"...

and then there is shit like acknowledging bugs BEFORE they ruin matches for a week...
17 Jan 2015, 09:32 AM
Donator 22

They said that the next patch will be primarily bug fixes. Which means that we wont see a real balance patch til march.

+1 early february for the bug fix patch and I fully agree with wuFF about the NDA ;)

btw funny moment: "Bulldozers are heavys for USF" :thumbsup::D :snfPeter:
17 Jan 2015, 09:35 AM
Patrion 28

well, they do have an extra 80hp apparently. i wouldn't consider them a heavy though.
17 Jan 2015, 09:38 AM

It was a very bad stream....no real information, just more question dodging as usual
17 Jan 2015, 09:47 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jan 2015, 08:32 AMAffe

The whole Team from Relic is living in another world far away from reality.

+
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight