Login

russian armor

Well that stream was... *sigh*

PAGES (13)down
19 Jan 2015, 02:33 AM
Patrion 28

people need to accept that the internet provides a certain level of anonymity and that with that anonymity comes viciousness. on the other hand, that doesn't make it appropriate or acceptable.
19 Jan 2015, 03:43 AM

Admittedly I've only been on the coh2.org forums for a short period of time, but I have played since release and always watched the official forums. Since release, the community has gotten more and more bitter towards relic and the choices they have made both in their game and the way they address the community.

People acting rude and inappropriate is a desperate last attempt to get the relic design teams attention to the problems that are effecting the game. And people, if you don't like it now, just wait. It's only going to get worse.
19 Jan 2015, 04:04 AM

I agree gman
19 Jan 2015, 04:10 AM

Permanently Banned
Admittedly I've only been on the coh2.org forums for a short period of time, but I have played since release and always watched the official forums. Since release, the community has gotten more and more bitter towards relic and the choices they have made both in their game and the way they address the community.

People acting rude and inappropriate is a desperate last attempt to get the relic design teams attention to the problems that are effecting the game. And people, if you don't like it now, just wait. It's only going to get worse.

i guess...

but saying things like "do you swallow" is not and should not be tolerated

*looks at :snfBarton:
19 Jan 2015, 05:26 AM

i guess...

but saying things like "do you swallow" is not and should not be tolerated

*looks at :snfBarton:

:snfBarton: steals your woman and leaves you with a loss-streak
19 Jan 2015, 05:55 AM

I can verify that it's utterly wrong. The stream yesterday wasn't a correct representation of how Relic thinks about balance.

I typed my post from memory (after the stream), so if you could point out what exactly I got wrong that'd be excellent. I'd rather be wrong and salvage as much of my optimism as I can, but the impression I got from Peter wasn't a good one.

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jan 2015, 00:37 AMNinjaWJ
yes could some people please stop harassing Cynthia? i think it is kinda sexual harassment. some of the comments there were kinda impolite and nasty

This 200%. The comments about Noun's new look were funny, but the flirting is extremely creepy, and the other comments should warrant comment deletion and permanent ban from the channel.

here's my specific message for you

I like how being against sexual harassment gets you equated to a neckbeard, class A posting.
19 Jan 2015, 07:41 AM
Honorary Member Badge

It's amazing the justifications people can construct for acting in thoroughly reprehensible manner.

"I know I throw my pudding around, piss all over anything of value, scream incoherently and generally act like an incontinent howler monkey. Sadly I have to do that because it's the only way to get things done.

It really pains me to have to act like that over a video game but I have no choice and I really don't enjoy it at all.

When I'm not doing that I appreciate medieval literature, pre-Raphaelite painting and garden parties"

19 Jan 2015, 07:45 AM
Honorary Member Badge

I typed my post from memory (after the stream), so if you could point out what exactly I got wrong that'd be excellent. I'd rather be wrong and salvage as much of my optimism as I can, but the impression I got from Peter wasn't a good one.

Peter on page 9 dropped by to clarify a few things:

In hindsight, playing and trying to do a QA likely was not the best idea. It was very difficult to answer questions meaningfully and play the game itself. I figure its worth clarifying a few points incase they weren't clearly communicated in the stream itself.

Regardings Volksgrenadiers and the Shrek, we recognized this as an issue. However, we noted that the removal of this weapon would likely have adverse effects on the factions performance. As such, we are working towards a solution which minimizes this adverse effect while resolving the tactical breakdown this strategy has created.

Regarding the Pack Howitzer, I did not understand the question when it was first stated. The point relating to its target size is fair, its definitely something we can look into.

Regarding RNG, there are definitely cases where RNG has resulted in a negative experience for players. In cases where counterplay is maintained, we feel RNG works well to create a positive environment. In instances where counterplay is non-existant, we feel RNG's impact on the game can come across as arbitrary and is worth addressing at some point in the future. One example related to stray shells wiping a squad, this is definitely an area we want to improve on.

Regarding Panzergrenadiers, it was noted that they are over performing relative to their cost. But, given their timing their overall performance is limited. Basically, if the unit was fielded at the 0 minute mark it would likely be viewed as an over performer, its not and therefore its performance is considered to be on par or slightly below par. That is all that comment was meant to point out.

Regarding the call-in meta, it was noted that we recognize the cost efficiency of call-ins and their impact to the meta. However, we feel that a solution to call-ins cannot occur until we remove the reliance Soviet players have on these units. This likely means some changes to make Soviet core units more appealing/viable.

Hope this clarifies some of the point we sought to make in the cast. We will definitely consider going with a separate QA section next time.

PS. The point about the Sherman Bulldozer was meant to be some light humour.
19 Jan 2015, 07:47 AM

I wonder if Peter realizes how shitty it is to joke/act vague when people have been screaming for communication for months.
19 Jan 2015, 07:51 AM
Honorary Member Badge

I think both he and Cynthia have acknowledged that:

PLAY
+
DO Q&A

was one task too many to attempt simultaneously

It should probably be implicit that:

PLAY, DO Q&A and BE FUNNY is two too many things to try at once
19 Jan 2015, 07:52 AM

It's amazing the justifications people can construct for acting in thoroughly reprehensible manner.

"I know I throw my pudding around, piss all over anything of value, scream incoherently and generally act like an incontinent howler monkey. Sadly I have to do that because it's the only way to get things done."

:rofl:

I'm probably just as bad but at least people know it's cause sometimes I'm just a pain in the butt to talk to once I know whether a person is worth talking to or not.
19 Jan 2015, 07:56 AM

....and garden parties"

Wait are we still doing the chat-filter?
19 Jan 2015, 07:57 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Wait are we still doing the chat-filter?

That was entirely inadvertent but I can see where the confusion may lie
19 Jan 2015, 08:32 AM

They said that the next patch will be primarily bug fixes. Which means that we wont see a real balance patch til march.

If they get this right at least, it would be a positive thing. Bugs, performance, and only THEN, balance. Sorry, but this is the logical development schedule in my view.
19 Jan 2015, 08:50 AM

But why not both :)
19 Jan 2015, 09:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jan 2015, 08:50 AMNinjaWJ
But why not both :)

Cause bugs are breaking the balance first. BugFix alone can already improve the balance, Not completely but enough to have a new meta vision.

Like fix the retreat bug and you'll see more people using the forwarded truck rally point. Fix the Jackson pathing and the unit will automatically gain more survivability and reliability. Fix the Atriflenade and USF gains more AT power and reduce the effectivness of Luch vs them etc...

But I repeat, in most of the cases it is not going to solve the entire balance problem.
19 Jan 2015, 11:43 AM

So i watched the stream vid today and i have to say that Relic is unbelievable (i am being ironic here and i will continue being that). What are they thinking and not revealing us the 50 Page Word doc with their Roadmap for COH 2. Freaking unbelievable.

Seriously now, what do you guys want?
Sorry but i don't get this constant negativity from so many members here. Its way to much guys. Give Relic a break (and the rest of the community)!
19 Jan 2015, 12:06 PM

James Hale? Are you the bloke who is / was possibly the worst moderator in the history of the Internet?

LOL!
I thought I was the only one that knew that :)
Well said Wombat.
19 Jan 2015, 12:21 PM

Permanently Banned
"I was moderated for being a d%ck. That moderator must be objectively bad."

Too many butthurt kids :D

And too many people who make huge things out of something that shouldnt even be one. Drama baby?!
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS