Login

russian armor

don't mind being beaten by skill, but bugs r drivin me away

13 Jan 2015, 15:17 PM

i don't have any issues with performance or lag (i have a rockin gaming system on a 100mb fiber connection). so at least i am not suffering from those issues.

BUT

there are so many bugs or imbalace issues in the game, that it is starting to get so irritating to play that i find myself not even wanting to play anymore.

for ex: this morning i played for 15 minutes before i exited and played wasteland 2 instead.

retreat bug has been around forever, and i cannot even describe how infuriating it is to lose a squad to that bug.

or the tank that just spins in place when given a move order.

lately it seems that only 1/2 the time do we get the grenade thrown warning. i am getting tons of squad wipes from germans because of that.

i want to throw my monitor out the windows when an ober squad comes into range of my maxim and kills the whole squad, even though i hit retreat.

i have a twitch and youtube channel for coh2 games, so i would have considered myself a pretty dedicated coh2 player.

i think today at lunch will be the deciding factor if i will continue to play coh2 any longer.

please tell me there is something around the corner that will be amazing, so that i should stay. please please please. i want to love this game again.

i don't even get excited for patches anymore, because they break as much as they solve.

am i alone here ? is anyone else on the verge....staying around just in case relic fixes the game ?

hardly anyone i used to play with, plays anymore. they all got tired of the overbuffs and overnerfs, as well as the game breaking bugs.
13 Jan 2015, 16:19 PM

13 Jan 2015, 16:26 PM

I don't think you are alone here. If you ask me, one of the important things in order to keep mental sanity is to not take the game too seriously. I find it almost impossible to get real "competitive enjoyment" with the abundance of RNG, bugs, bad pathfinding and overarching balance problems, so i stopped playing for keeps a long time ago. It's not worth the frustration, especially in 1v1s with certain factions.

On the other hand CoH2 is simply the best looking and sounding WW2 RTS experience around, with novel and solid core mechanics. If you can manage to get enjoyment purely from dipping in the atmosphere, than that's excuse enough to keep playing the game, watching streams or visiting coh2.org.

It is what it is, you have to see it realistically. Nobody can promise you that the gameplay get's better over time, it will only be different most likely.
13 Jan 2015, 16:33 PM

I'm totally with Ginnungagap on this one. When a 120mm mortar wipes your fifth full-health squad that match or the obers gun down your rifle squad in 3 seconds, just laugh it off and accept the loss. Who knows, maybe next match you manage to wipe a volks squad with a lucky scott shot over a house or sink a king tiger with a well placed grenade on the ice.

I have stopped playing for the ranking (i never got a good rank anyway) and just play for those small moments of joy.
13 Jan 2015, 16:38 PM
Senior Editor Badge

I don't think you are alone here. If you ask me, one of the important things in order to keep mental sanity is to not take the game too seriously. I find it almost impossible to get real "competitive enjoyment" with the abundance of RNG, bugs, bad pathfinding and overarching balance problems, so i stopped playing for keeps a long time ago. It's not worth the frustration, especially in 1v1s with certain factions.

On the other hand CoH2 is simply the best looking and sounding WW2 RTS experience around, with novel and solid core mechanics. If you can manage to get enjoyment purely from dipping in the atmosphere, than that's excuse enough to keep playing the game, watching streams or visiting coh2.org.

It is what it is, you have to see it realistically. Nobody can promise you that the gameplay get's better over time, it will only be different most likely.

+1
13 Jan 2015, 17:24 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

Well said Ginnungagap, that's exactly my point of view for the last couple of weeks.
13 Jan 2015, 17:32 PM

Permanently Banned
None of us asked for this cruel world we live in. However, it has happened and we must deal with it.

13 Jan 2015, 17:36 PM

13 Jan 2015, 17:38 PM

Totally agree.
13 Jan 2015, 18:19 PM

+2
13 Jan 2015, 18:33 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

13 Jan 2015, 18:34 PM

As someone quite competitive in nature (read butthurt at losing), COH2 can drive me up the walls occasionally.

Best not to take it too seriously, but with occasional long gametime lengths (25+ mins matches) and bugs/performance issues...it can be sometimes difficult to see the funny side of it!
13 Jan 2015, 18:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jan 2015, 18:34 PMBryan
As someone quite competitive in nature (read butthurt at losing), COH2 can drive me up the walls occasionally.

Best not to take it too seriously, but with occasional long gametime lengths (25+ mins matches) and bugs/performance issues...it can be sometimes difficult to see the funny side of it!

HA! You are not alone. After a 5 second freeze the rage is REAL.
13 Jan 2015, 18:39 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jan 2015, 18:34 PMBryan
(25+ mins matches)

In 1v1s perhaps, or games without OKW

but in OKW teamgames matchups it's all about stalling for that KT, which usually doesn't even hit the field until 25-30 min mark unless OKW is already winning. Then there comes the Axis bounce back, where they get a good portion of the field back, and then it comes down to a time trial to see if Allies can't drain the VPs faster than KT and rest of OKW late game can squad wipe all the Allies' shit, which will usually take the better of 40 minutes in a 2v2.

To me, that's an uncomfortable amount of time to be in a single match.

Not trying to make a balance discussion, but rather just to point out that is something that really irks me, how the meta currently encourages annoying long games.
13 Jan 2015, 18:50 PM

The best way to enjoy COH2 now is to play Ostheer 3v3 or 4v4 and experiment with the most absurd build orders you can. Grens are at least weak, so you have a bit of a challenge early game till your LMGs pop.

Some of my favorites:

1) 4 pios - ammo cache - 3 scout cars - whatever you want after. If vehicles, get shreks, if not, 6-8 flame pios eventually.
2) Gren/MG/Gren 6-7 Mortar Hts - Tiger, especially on that stupid 3v3+ map with the city on one side and forest on the other. Sorry, can't be arsed to know the name. This is actually really hard to beat on that map. Put all your mortar HTs on one hotkey, just pull them back and pop some water vapor when something scary happens. Cycle through to find the one not on incendiary barrage cool down.
3) Infinite Gren to Tiger.
4) Vet MG spam (Elite Troops, dawg. It's amazing how many people don't see the sparkly tracers.)
5) 3-4 Snipers - T2.

You can't have as much fun screwing around with OKW, though I find Sturmtiger rushing to be mildly entertaining at times. Puma spam is also pretty legit.

13 Jan 2015, 18:57 PM

i agree.

coh2 has no compare for graphics and audio and mechanics.

BUT - that goes out the door when a unit or tank dies because of a bug.

i figure if relic does not have the programming skills to make such a complicated game and mechanics, then maybe they should simplify the game and streamline UNTIL they can remove bugs.

don't design a game above your skill level.

thing is:
im almost 50 with 4 kids. my time is limited. i want the game to work, as i don't have time for crashes or bugs. if i was still in my 20's, i probably would just overlook it. but when i only have time for 2 games a day, and those games are filled with game breaking bugs, it is hard to want to play that game again.

13 Jan 2015, 19:17 PM

i agree.

coh2 has no compare for graphics and audio and mechanics.

BUT - that goes out the door when a unit or tank dies because of a bug.

i figure if relic does not have the programming skills to make such a complicated game and mechanics, then maybe they should simplify the game and streamline UNTIL they can remove bugs.

don't design a game above your skill level.

thing is:
im almost 50 with 4 kids. my time is limited. i want the game to work, as i don't have time for crashes or bugs. if i was still in my 20's, i probably would just overlook it. but when i only have time for 2 games a day, and those games are filled with game breaking bugs, it is hard to want to play that game again.

Holy Crap your actually older then me!

I feel you. I am in the same situation. Damn this life getting in the way of my game! I am personally play till the bugs and annoyances and Meta exploitation is established. Then break until the next patch to see if it gets any better. Rinse and repeat.
13 Jan 2015, 19:22 PM
Patrion 14

I hate this game. I hate it so much. But i can't stop playing, watching twitch or reading news.... don't know why...
13 Jan 2015, 19:58 PM

• I hate this game. I hate it so much. But i can't stop playing, watching twitch or reading news.... don't know why...

if i didn't have other games to play i would be stuck playing coh2 with all the bugs. that is no longer the case.....

i have divinity (almost finished) - amazing game
    i just bought wasteland 2 - so far - pretty cool

purchasing elite dangerous in a couple of weeks.....crossing fingers that this game is all i hope it will be....take me back to the days of c64 and the original elite.
13 Jan 2015, 20:09 PM

Bug splats and freeze-fast forwarding. I couldnt play competitively if i tried. Its much more entertaining to watch someone else play, and simply play the game leisurely.

So basically what everyone else just said. Dont get too absorbed into the game -RNG/Pathing/#Balance happens and rage will ensue.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 35
South Africa 1
Germany 729

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak