Login

russian armor

Tiger or Panther?

10 Jan 2015, 19:35 PM

Once a Panther reaches vet 2 it has even more armor + 160HP (960 in total; not much less than a Tiger)

As I've already said, Panthers are more AT and Tigers are more allround tanks. I don't know why you are arguing with me now.

Why would I engage AT guns with tanks? I have my infantry for that.

Yes, 3 Tigers can wreck an entire army, but so can IS-2s, and those IS-2s will make your Tigers cry for their moms.

I kwon that the Panther is a good tank but Tiger is a Heavy Tank don't try to make the Panther better than the Tiger because isn't better just are good tanks.
10 Jan 2015, 19:41 PM

So i've been playing 4 vs 4s a lot more lately,since ost is helpless in 1 vs1 and relatively weak in 2 vs 2.So my question..in these large game modes panther is not inaccesible..so what do you prefer t2-t4 for panther or t2 to tiger or t3 to tiger?
Is ur choice influenced by opponents?
When choosing panther would u always take a smoke doctrine?
I find myself using panther with festung armor against opponents heavy in soviet.And tiger vs american heavy team.

Actually Panther is easily accessible in 4v4, since map control is not as important. You can easily go T1 - T4 and still rock.

As Ostheer, you play a more support role in 4v4. You can always go more offensive/carry role too, but OKW can do that very well. It all depends on what you want to do, and what map. Obviously, soe doctrines do not have a Tiger.

It is up to you really. Panther does not have as good AI as TIger but it has more range. It still is decent versus infantry though with its machine guns.
10 Jan 2015, 19:46 PM

I kwon that the Panther is a good tank but Tiger is a Heavy Tank don't try to make the Panther better than the Tiger because isn't better just are good tanks.

I'm not sure what to say right now

Stats:

Panther > Tiger

Name:

Tiger > Panther

therefore, Tiger > panther
10 Jan 2015, 19:49 PM

The tiger is pretty trash in team games where you need to go on the offensive, the speed, AT damage and range of the panthers makes it way better at dealing with tanks and heavy tanks, while you can use your vetted infantry and long range nades to deal with their inf/support weapons, all coupled with a sniper makes the panther >>>> tiger in any late situation for 2s,3s,4s with the exeption of a map like semosky and a few others.
10 Jan 2015, 20:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jan 2015, 19:41 PMNinjaWJ

Actually Panther is easily accessible in 4v4, since map control is not as important. You can easily go T1 - T4 and still rock.

As Ostheer, you play a more support role in 4v4. You can always go more offensive/carry role too, but OKW can do that very well. It all depends on what you want to do, and what map. Obviously, soe doctrines do not have a Tiger.

It is up to you really. Panther does not have as good AI as TIger but it has more range. It still is decent versus infantry though with its machine guns.
4v4? You can pull a T4 rush easy even in 2v2. Between Paks and schreks it's really not that hard to hold out.
10 Jan 2015, 20:17 PM
Donator 33

The status of being a heavy tank doesn't make it any better. In fact, the Panther is also a heavy tank ingame. At least it uses the heavy tank skin.

The Panther is more mobile, and is better against tanks. At vet 2 both have almost the same HP value.

The Tiger has more AI power; less AT power. It's probably a matter of taste.

If you think the Tiger is better, fine, I don't like it so much. Especially because it usually loses against IS-2s.

The fact that it doesn't get 350 armor with vet also makes it dangerous to be used against Jacksons.
10 Jan 2015, 20:21 PM

4v4? You can pull a T4 rush easy even in 2v2. Between Paks and schreks it's really not that hard to hold out.

oh i was just responding to the OP. Austerlitz said that panther is inaccessible in 4v4.
10 Jan 2015, 20:30 PM
Donator 33

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jan 2015, 20:21 PMNinjaWJ

oh i was just responding to the OP. Austerlitz said that panther is inaccessible in 4v4.

He actually said Panthers were NOT inaccessable :D
10 Jan 2015, 20:36 PM

oh damn reading comprehension fail :(
10 Jan 2015, 20:39 PM

Panthers are better imo. They are tougher to kill as they get tougher with vet and their speed gets them out of situations which would otherwise kill a tiger. Also, the panther's extra range helps kill tanks without getting close and coming in contact with them. Its also nondoctrinal - and that alone makes it awesome since its technically always accessible, and the enemy would need commanders to field anything similar.
10 Jan 2015, 23:24 PM

The status of being a heavy tank doesn't make it any better. In fact, the Panther is also a heavy tank ingame. At least it uses the heavy tank skin.

The Panther is more mobile, and is better against tanks. At vet 2 both have almost the same HP value.

The Tiger has more AI power; less AT power. It's probably a matter of taste.

If you think the Tiger is better, fine, I don't like it so much. Especially because it usually loses against IS-2s.

The fact that it doesn't get 350 armor with vet also makes it dangerous to be used against Jacksons.

If u are happy with u panther make a spam but I still thinking that the Yiger is better :thumb:
10 Jan 2015, 23:36 PM

If I am going up against a quite skilled player sometimes I find a Panther better due to him having good micro with his tanks making them harder to kill, but even then Ill never get more than 1 Panther will almost always get a Tiger the next time I have enough fuel.

Waaaay to many people spam Panthers and then get owned by blobs of AT.
11 Jan 2015, 17:20 PM
Donator 11

Depends on the doc i go with, for instance: If I got elite, I'll tech t3 then ace, with something like mech i'll use double paks and light at counters until Tiger call ins. Mind you i'm talking strictly Ostheer. I rarely go panther unless i feel i have decent map control mid game and i'll normally skip t3.
11 Jan 2015, 17:28 PM

I feel like the Panther's speed and armor give it the advantage over the Tiger.
11 Jan 2015, 17:32 PM

Tiger just suck.
12 Jan 2015, 01:16 AM

I'm pretty sure in a 1 on 1 fight a tiger could easily kill a panther. Plus their stripes are cooler.
12 Jan 2015, 07:11 AM

I'm surprised that no one has yet mentioned the fact that the Panther has a "Prioritize Vehicles" button which causes it to hold fire against infantry while the Tiger hasn't (or I've overread it, if someone has mentioned it).
This is crucial, because a skilled opponent can basically render a Tiger unable to lead an attack by having some cheap infantry advance while a TD like a Jackson engages from the FoW (driving backwards, if needed). The TD will disappear after every shot fired in the FoW, causing your Tiger switch targets to the infantry and thus turning his turret away from the TD. When the TD fires his next shot, the Tiger will be too slow to return fire, as his turret is facing the wrong way. This can be repeated endlessly, forcing you to pull back again.
With the Panther, in turn, you should be able to return every shot of the TD as long as you stay within range - which is also made easier by the Panther's higher range, of course.
12 Jan 2015, 08:20 AM
Benefactor 115

This is crucial, because a skilled opponent can basically render a Tiger unable to lead an attack by having some cheap infantry advance while a TD like a Jackson engages from the FoW (driving backwards, if needed).

Good luck killing a supported Jackson with a Panther
12 Jan 2015, 08:35 AM

If a person goes T1-T2-T4 in 2v2, he's putting himself in a poor situation. It would have worked last time when panthers were cheaper, but currently? Nope. You're more likely to see OKW panther instead of Ost panther in 2v2.

If someone can do that and still win, either the Allied players made a significant amount of mistakes or the Ost players are very good with the faction.
12 Jan 2015, 10:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jan 2015, 08:35 AMsteel
If a person goes T1-T2-T4 in 2v2, he's putting himself in a poor situation. It would have worked last time when panthers were cheaper, but currently? Nope. You're more likely to see OKW panther instead of Ost panther in 2v2.

If someone can do that and still win, either the Allied players made a significant amount of mistakes or the Ost players are very good with the faction.

I do that in 4 vs 4,but not 2 vs 2.Unless my OKW partner got puma.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 41
Germany 33

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment