Login

russian armor

Reinforced Wire. Why....?

10 Jan 2015, 13:22 PM

^^

You're absolutely correct, but why do I have to spend 90 munis (I hadn't chosen T1) to clear a bunch of barbed wire?
10 Jan 2015, 14:06 PM

You can also destroy it with mortars or an AT gun... takes a while though. The worst thing is having VP's wired off and not able to capture them until tanks come out, quite ridiculous.
10 Jan 2015, 14:12 PM

i've got a good idea, give them regular wire.... and... why not make it a global ugprade for all factions?

infact, why not make a few things global upgrades? like SVT's for conscripts? G43's for grens, demo charges for all factions, hull down for all factions,

and also while we're at it WHY NOT IMPLEMENT TANK CREWS FOR ALL FACTIONS? WHY CAN'T ALL ENGINEERS BUILD SANDBAGS? WHY ARE THERE SEVERAL TYPES OF DIFFERENT SANDBAGS? WHY ARE TANKTRAPS DOCTRINAL FOR 2/4 FACTIONS, WHY ARE THERE 5 LEVELS OF VETERANCY FOR OKW? WHY DOES ALL ALLIED ARMOR SUCK? HOW ABOUT TRENCHES AND MG'S FOR EVERY FACTION WITHOUT DOCTRINES? HOW ABOUT HULL DOWN UPGRADE FOR ALL FACTIONS.

AND WHY DO THE GRENS WEAR A REDICIOUS FUCKING UNIFORM.YOU GOT THE MORTAR CREW UNIFORM, YOU GOT THE HMG CREW UNIFORM RIGHT, YOU GOT THE PIONEER UNIFORM RIGHT. YOU GOT THE VOLKS UNIFORM RIGHT.

RESKIN THE GREN CONFETTI GREN RIGHT NOW, NOW PLEASE RELIC GAME LITERALLY UPLAYABLE
10 Jan 2015, 14:34 PM
Patrion 14

Typing all that in caps makes it look silly, just sayin'.

10 Jan 2015, 14:35 PM

Typing all that in caps makes it look silly, just sayin'.

probably right
10 Jan 2015, 14:38 PM
Patrion 14

Just type your problems/ideas in a normal fashion, makes it better for all of us, right? :)
10 Jan 2015, 14:58 PM

Permanently Banned
Yeah entire paragraphs in all caps are difficult to read :/ Not to mention that most of it is completely off topic.

I'd honestly like to see a top ranked player (with all/most factions) give a good explanation as to why it's balanced (the OKW wire, that is). Although I doubt that will happen.
10 Jan 2015, 15:07 PM

OKW's wire on Trois-Points and the graveyard... :foreveralone:
10 Jan 2015, 16:24 PM

Nothings fair in life, i like the OP ness of faction/mechanism/unit/ability makes winning against them satisfying than winning an even battle.
11 Jan 2015, 01:56 AM
Patrion 28

given how long it takes to put down, how fast light vehicles can be out, and how little map presence OKW has for the first couple of minutes i don't see wire making a significant difference against light vehicles. also, if light vehicles are a problem tank traps would be a better solution.
11 Jan 2015, 04:58 AM

Relic honestly thought OKW would be extremely weak in the early game. The reinforced wire was put in along when OKW got 100% resources from truck points and 33% elsewhere. This uncounterable wire was deemed necessary to allow the very weak OKW to hold the 2-3 points necessary to stay in the game.

So in short, Relic lives in another world and nobody gives a garden. #esports
11 Jan 2015, 16:56 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jan 2015, 16:24 PMImSkemo
Nothings fair in life, i like the OP ness of faction/mechanism/unit/ability makes winning against them satisfying than winning an even battle.

If you like that, go play singleplayer games. Multiplayer games should be balanced. I am fucking sick of reinforced wire. There's no reason OKW needs it, and it has the potential to completely break games. It should either take much longer to build, cost something to build, be unlocked after an upgrade, or - preferably - just not exist at all. It's even more stupid than OKW truck pushing. /rant

Here's a game I just played where my opponent used a massive amount of reinforced wire, which I could do nothing about.

11 Jan 2015, 17:23 PM

The reinforced wire should be able to be cut, just at a longer duration. Simply being not allowed is ridiculous
11 Jan 2015, 18:01 PM

Because FUCK YOU thats why. God I never get tired of saying that.

I could understand it if USF had non doctrinal demos but they dont. There is really no way to get rid of this crap in the early game. Its very annoying and they need to make cutters cut it. Or whats the point of having them?
11 Jan 2015, 18:32 PM

It was introduced by relic as asymmetrical balance choice since okw can't inflict engine damage with it's base infantry, leaving it very vulnerable early vehicles, which can be blocked by it therefore.

nope, okw gets a tier0 at gun to help it deal with vehicles, stop inventing things.
11 Jan 2015, 18:34 PM

Why is there such a thing as reinforced wire for OKW, what is the reasoning behind it?

Hey, it's OKW, every unit/structure just has to be better than it's allied counterpart. Relic even found a way to make the barbed wire OP :snfPeter:
11 Jan 2015, 21:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jan 2015, 18:32 PMwarthog

nope, okw gets a tier0 at gun to help it deal with vehicles, stop inventing things.

You actually mean that shit? You serious? Did it ever NOT miss targeting to the clown cars and got wiped, stolen in 2 seconds?
11 Jan 2015, 23:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jan 2015, 18:32 PMwarthog

A M3a1 can drive through the arc of fire, without being shot, because the aim time is too high and then it's wiped at once. Same goes for the M20. I only had it working in synergy with the wire or in a building, but even then, flamer cars circle the building and wipe the gun.

Mines counter early vehicles, or a fast schreck in syngery with sturmpios, because they also just get pushed around unable to shoot.
12 Jan 2015, 02:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jan 2015, 16:56 PMCptEend

Here's a game I just played where my opponent used a massive amount of reinforced wire, which I could do nothing about.

I will watch your replay and update but try not having a "there is nothing I could do" mentatility there is always a solution just because you failed at something doesn't mean its impossible.
12 Jan 2015, 02:42 AM
Patrion 28

the rakaten taking too long to fire is a totally different issue from wire and wire isn't hugely useful against the M3 because OKW doesn't have the units to wire off huge portions of the map before it hits the field. additionally, penals are in t1 as well and satchels will instantly clear it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★