Login

russian armor

'Vehicle Crew Disembark'

7 Jan 2015, 10:34 AM

In my opinion this ability needs a cooldown timer or an activate timer.
It is very very frustrating to see the crew hop out and back in a vehicle in 2-3 seconds. It especially reduces the danger of repairing at the frontline, since they can re-enter the vehicle instantaneously.

There are quite some unfair mechanics to it aswell. As an example from a game of mine, a Sherman drove over a Riegel-mine. Immobilized. The crew hopped out, repaired the heaviest critical for 10 munitions in a second and drove away.

I think It does need to be looked at.
7 Jan 2015, 10:58 AM

Yeah USA tanks are so durable and so on... No. Maybe critical repair should cost -40 munitions but crew repair is fine..
7 Jan 2015, 11:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jan 2015, 10:58 AMl4hti
Maybe critical repair should cost -40 munitions but crew repair is fine..
+1
7 Jan 2015, 11:10 AM

Critical repair is the problem here, it's badly designed. Imo it should be redesigned so that on activation the crew start repairs for X seconds. During the duration no health is restored, instead X health restored and critical removal are applied instantly upon completion of the ability.
7 Jan 2015, 11:38 AM

Crew repair is basically fine, just add a cooldown of 2-3 seconds.

I had a game yesterday (didn't save the replay) where a Sherman was moving on to my grens, I fisted and retreated. With my second gren squad that was en route to the frontline I wanted to catch the Sherman - because I felt that he would not have moved far until he hopped out. My assumption was correct, I saw the crew, hoping to kill two entities to punish him for disembarking in the middle of the battlefield, but he simple hopped in, sherman shot instantly, wiping the whole vet2 squad. Right.
7 Jan 2015, 11:50 AM

I get the critical repair bit, but if you want them to sit outside the vehicle for 5 seconds/5 minutes or whatever amount of time you need so you can come kill them and steal the tank I would call that unfair, basically because you could jump in before their recrew cool down timer is reset.

When you lay a mine you have it close enough to your forces that you can respond to either destroy the tank or kill the crew.

How do you think its not dangerous for them to repair on the frontlines as well? you either not putting enough pressure on the tank or not making it dangerous enough for your opponent to disembark? otherwise the tanks not on frontline if they can disembark and repair.
7 Jan 2015, 12:06 PM

Critical repair is the problem here, it's badly designed. Imo it should be redesigned so that on activation the crew start repairs for X seconds. During the duration no health is restored, instead X health restored and critical removal are applied instantly upon completion of the ability.

I do believe that army with most squishy armor in game and no heavy armor should have an advantage over heavy armor based armies.

That advantage is higher mobility.

I suppose this thread is the direct reason of someone not being able to WTFPWN sherman with engine damage.
7 Jan 2015, 12:23 PM

I suppose this thread is the direct reason of someone not being able to WTFPWN sherman with engine damage.

I'd rather say that it's about getting some use out of your doctrinal 50 munitions AT mine, instead of it being negated entirely.

(And btw Katitof, I'm not a German fanboy, since you are always oh so quick to judge)
7 Jan 2015, 12:30 PM

Crew repair is fine. It's a perk for having the most paper armor in the game.

Critical repair is stupid, it makes engine damage against USF meaningless in any situation where you don't have enough firepower to instantly gun down the crew if they try to get out. Should take a lot longer to remove crits with it, instead of the current 1 seconds it should be more like 10 seconds.
7 Jan 2015, 12:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jan 2015, 12:30 PMCruzz
Crew repair is fine. It's a perk for having the most paper armor in the game.

Critical repair is stupid, it makes engine damage against USF meaningless in any situation where you don't have enough firepower to instantly gun down the crew if they try to get out. Should take a lot longer to remove crits with it, instead of the current 1 seconds it should be more like 10 seconds.

I think 10 seconds is again too much, you could just as well just repair it fully then ( depending on the amount of damage the vehicle has suffered ).
More like an increase of the price, so you only use it when you have no other choice than saving that one tank!
7 Jan 2015, 13:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jan 2015, 11:38 AMAnarcy
Crew repair is basically fine, just add a cooldown of 2-3 seconds.

I had a game yesterday (didn't save the replay) where a Sherman was moving on to my grens, I fisted and retreated. With my second gren squad that was en route to the frontline I wanted to catch the Sherman - because I felt that he would not have moved far until he hopped out. My assumption was correct, I saw the crew, hoping to kill two entities to punish him for disembarking in the middle of the battlefield, but he simple hopped in, sherman shot instantly, wiping the whole vet2 squad. Right.
That shouldn't be possible. They need three entities to man a sherman.
7 Jan 2015, 14:15 PM

That shouldn't be possible. They need three entities to man a sherman.

He didn't actually kill any of the sherman's crew. He said he was 'hoping to kill two entities' but they jumped in and instantly squad wiped the gren before he could do damage.

I've had similar experiences. It is very frustrating that they can jump in and instantly target/fire/move. There should be a short delay where the vehicle can't do anything while the crew gets set.
7 Jan 2015, 15:18 PM

My main problem with crewhopping is the loss of targeting. It's just too often abused. Players hop out of their vehicle, lose all targeting, recrew and by the time you can realize and issue a new attack order they are long gone.

A short cooldown between leaving and reentering a vehicle, or even better a brief delay between manning and regaining control would suffice and rid a lot of players of feeling cheated.

Also, world objects like decrewed weapons and vehicles should be targetable, not just by attack ground.
7 Jan 2015, 15:37 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Also, world objects like decrewed weapons and vehicles should be targetable, not just by attack ground.

but they are, use attack move (the first icon in the form of the sniper synbol) adn select the object
7 Jan 2015, 16:08 PM

My main problem with crewhopping is the loss of targeting. It's just too often abused. Players hop out of their vehicle, lose all targeting, recrew and by the time you can realize and issue a new attack order they are long gone.

A short cooldown between leaving and reentering a vehicle, or even better a brief delay between manning and regaining control would suffice and rid a lot of players of feeling cheated.

im almost certain targeting at least initially is kept such a grenadier squad using its faust will still faust the vehicle even if the crew bails
7 Jan 2015, 16:16 PM

im almost certain targeting at least initially is keep such a grenadier squad using its faust will still faust the vehicle even if the crew bails

Yes, maybe. But vehicles, paks and shreks don't. As soon as the enemy tank is decrewed, they target another unit and in worst case fire. So by the time the US player embarks his vehicle again you have lost a whole reload cycle as well as the time for targeting twice.
7 Jan 2015, 17:11 PM

Permanently Banned

sounds like axis smoke
7 Jan 2015, 17:23 PM

sounds like axis smoke

But not commander specific, free of charge, without cooldown and CP-requirements. But with the added bonus of letting your enemy feel cheated.
7 Jan 2015, 17:43 PM

how about 1 muni per 1 second of repair or something similar (just made that figure up as an example
7 Jan 2015, 19:44 PM

Crew repair is fine, instant crit repair is not. You can have stop infront of an A-move MG 42, hop out, repair crits, and hop back in, before the MG 42 can fire. USF's critical repair is basically stock on any crew (crew vet is meaningless), costs 10 munitions and a small micro tax, and is done instantly. OKW's emergency repair comes at 4CP, costs 50 munitions, and takes 15 seconds to heal 100HP and a critical.

USF Critical Repair is too good, OKW Emergency repair is shit. There should be a middle ground that both abilities occupy.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★